We have to change the uniform - facebook group and petition links in Post #1

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
This is a good alternative.

leafs%2Bjerseys%2Bfixedbyandy.jpg

Very slick.

I'm all for it. Our current uniforms look way too bland and, as someone else mentioned, "corporate."

The old crest was classy, and the stripes accentuated the uniform. Our current "3rd" looks incredible in action.

The main ones we have now lack that certain "imposing" element you see with so many other jerseys.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
the pictures speak for themselves.

our current white jersey and logo

Toronto_Maple_Leafs_6ea0.jpg

our current 'alternate' white and logo

610x.jpg

no comparison. I think eventually we'll just ditch the white and go full time with the 3rd as our white kit. the key is the home jersey. we need to introduce a new home jersey.

the current home jersey

2920628049_11d32c9c52.jpg

the new home jersey....

? (this has to be the focus, introduce a new home jersey)

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
The blue is too light.

Any progress on this?

I called the director of marketing. She said that there was a group of people in Marketing and merchandising department at MLSE that would be involved in such a decision and then RBK. she also said that the league mandates such changes. I said listen, I have an online petition (I lied) to make the 3rd jersey a permanent one and that they would like a new home jersey for the coming season, along the same lines. I likened it to what Philadelphia had done (they re-introduced the orange jersey last year, it became real popular with the fans and they have since made it their home jersey). lol, Philly look how quickly they respond to the demands of the fans.

she acknowledged that and said she understands and that even SHE prefers our heritage jersey. in fact, she said that it outsells the modern jersey at centre sports as well. she said to send a detailed email and that's all she would promise at the moment. that they'd listen.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
I just sent off this email. Has anyone else sent one?

Dear Mrs. Robertson, and Mrs. Hosford,

I am a die hard Leaf fan, I have been essentially my entire life. As a die hard fan, I take extreme pleasure in talking hockey with other fans who share my passion for the game, and the Leafs themselves. One on going theme I've seen, and shared over the past several years is a desire to return our teams logo to its' routes full time. The Leafs currently use that logo on the third jersey. But we feel it should be the full time logo.

Here is a link to some of the discussion on the subject.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=663778

Obviously this is just a small sample. And perhaps an initiative like this should have been started earlier in the post season, to effect this coming year. So I guess we're not aiming for it to happen realistically for this season. But what we would love to see is a process, maybe some research done to gauge the level of interest among a larger sample of fans. Me, and several of my peers on hfboards.com would love to be apart of that process if we could. I truly believe a change like this would be whole heartedly supported by a large majority of Leaf fans. I believe Mr. Burke would also support this change, as I'm sure he is a fan of the history of this team.

No Leaf team has won a Stanley Cup under the current logo. Matter of fact, no Leaf team has even made it to a Cup final under the current logo. I believe a return to the past (the winning era) would be a strong push to a good future for this team. I hope there is something positive that can be done to appeal to everyone interested in this matter.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Victoria B.C.

ugotmybeef*

I called the director of marketing. She said that there was a group of people in Marketing and merchandising department at MLSE that would be involved in such a decision and then RBK. she also said that the league mandates such changes. I said listen, I have an online petition (I lied) to make the 3rd jersey a permanent one and that they would like a new home jersey for the coming season, along the same lines. I likened it to what Philadelphia had done (they re-introduced the orange jersey last year, it became real popular with the fans and they have since made it their home jersey). lol, Philly look how quickly they respond to the demands of the fans.

she acknowledged that and said she understands and that even SHE prefers our heritage jersey. in fact, she said that it outsells the modern jersey at centre sports as well. she said to send a detailed email and that's all she would promise at the moment. that they'd listen.

the gods have listened.

russmatuss

Feb 10, 2008
Liverpool, England
This is a good alternative.

leafs%2Bjerseys%2Bfixedbyandy.jpg

I like these, except I'd keep the 3rd's (as they look now) as our away jerseys instead of the slightly changed ones you've made, and remove the white shoulders from the blue ones, like HellasLEAF said:

personally, if you were to remove the white shoulder patches on the blue one, that would be the best yet. I really like that style of stripe on the sleeves and bottom. it's like the 67 jersey we had.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
how does one get in touch with Brian Burke. is this possible? if we get Burke in on this...

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I like these, except I'd keep the 3rd's (as they look now) as our away jerseys instead of the slightly changed ones you've made, and remove the white shoulders from the blue ones, like HellasLEAF said:

ya, and I wouldn't mind to see the crest bigger. so it really pops. like the one Keon is wearing.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan

You would think this alone would do the trick........doesnt this tell them what people really want?....

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
how does one get in touch with Brian Burke. is this possible? if we get Burke in on this...

That's what I'd love to see. I know he has mentioned reading fan emails before. I'm guessing there must be something on the Leafs site.

Hey, I just had a good idea. Get Alex Tran involved in this if we can. He's a blogger on mapleleafhotstove, and a member of hfboards.com. The hot stove gets a lot of traffic.

soupisgoodfood

Dec 7, 2008
Alberta

Agreed. If Burke has any pull at all on this subject, it'll happen. He'd love the emphasis on our history, roots and tradition and he seems like the perfect public figure to become the face of this movement.

Also, and this has been mentioned time and time again, perhaps even in this thread (I skimmed it), we need to make the St. Pats uniforms on Patty's day an annual tradition. Burke is as proud of his Irish ancestry as all get out. So again, it seems like a perfect fit.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think if we start the petition asap, we can get at least one "reporter" on board - it will get to Burke. Start the petition boys, we are waiting.

I agree. I have no idea how to do this so if someone could set that up it would be great. the petition should be simple. swap the current white with the current 3rd. introduce a new home jersey for the coming season along the same lines.

in my email I also asked if they could put a poll on mapleleafs.com asking the fans which they prefer. the current or the 3rd. if we could get a poll like that up with a lot of hits, that would be really damning evidence that would be impossible to ignore.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Agreed. If Burke has any pull at all on this subject, it'll happen. He'd love the emphasis on our history, roots and tradition and he seems like the perfect public figure to become the face of this movement.

Also, and this has been mentioned time and time again, perhaps even in this thread (I skimmed it), we need to make the St. Pats uniforms on Patty's day an annual tradition. Burke is as proud of his Irish ancestry as all get out. So again, it seems like a perfect fit.

oh dude that perfect. the St. Pats thing, that will hook him for sure. he'll get all the credit and be hailed as a genius but in the end, we get what we want. we should email him for sure about this.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I agree. I have no idea how to do this so if someone could set that up it would be great. the petition should be simple. swap the current white with the current 3rd. introduce a new home jersey for the coming season along the same lines.

Well there are a few sites like petitiononline (dot) com etc. Facebook is pretty straight forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad