Post-Game Talk (GBU): We forgot to trade for bounces

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I think there's a huge psychological/mental reason for the collapse.

Work hard, harder, get a goal, sigh of relief, loosen up, concede one, fall apart.
Work hard, concede, get down, fall apart.

Getting scored on is going to be part of the game as long as hockey is decided by who scores more goals than the other team. They need to figure out how to keep at their game plan.

JK Sobotka Scandella all day everyday!

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If Housley is a coach of any kind, I expect to see way fewer successful home-run stretch passes work Saturday, as that was their only plan for a large part of the game.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Risto was awful. They didn't want to play montour tonight because of the travel. Are you f***ing kidding me? Montour at 50%>>>>>Hunwick+Scandella combined.

Pains me to say I would rather have Lindy Ruff then any of the clowns who have succeeded him. This team needs a harsher voice behind the bench. so sick of this team allowing a goal then getting shellacked and allowing even more right away.

Jack does not deserve this shit. Thank god hes here for 7 more years should hopefully make the playoffs by 2025. Playoffs are over. This team is not winning 14 of 20.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
There's a skeleton of a good team here. It just needs some trimming and different management.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
We out chanced them 30-28 at 5v5.

So not all is lost.

There have been a few regulation losses recently where they’ve actually played well enough to win but didn’t. It’s frustrating definitely, but the team is miles better than they were last season.

Reactions: Rasmi

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Our core players are all over the scoresheet tonight which is awesome. Not much to be overly unhappy with about this game, the unfortunate truth is that bulk of the roster is still in a major need of upgrading. 2C better be the focus of the offseason.

Really excited to see Montour tomorrow

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
There have been a few regulation losses recently where they’ve actually played well enough to win but didn’t. It’s frustrating definitely, but the team is miles better than they were last season.

It's clear they're doing some things right, but the biggest issue on this team is a lack of talent up front.

Reactions: Rasmi

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not hard to see why we crumble so easily. The ease in which we let teams gain our blueline and lack of structure to support each other just leads to a constant wave of momentum from the other team.

This team’s in ability to stop any momentum is as much mental as it is a result of how we are coached and what is requested by our team system.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Good:
Eichel was dominant. Scary to think he'd only be the fifth or sixth best player on that Leafs team.
Reinhart
Skinner
Dahlin

Bad:
Pominville missing grade A chances
Ristolainen was a bum after the first intermission
Hutton has been a let down
The defense at large flushed the game down the toilet in the span of a few minutes
Zemgus hasn't been able to buy a goal since like 2014 or something

Ugly
It's amazing how Ennis can find a niche but Okposo is completely useless.
We'd fare much better with DOR/Smith than TT/Sobadka

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Good:
Eichel was dominant. Scary to think he'd only be the fifth or sixth best player on that Leafs team.
Reinhart
Skinner
Dahlin

Bad:
Pominville missing grade A chances
Ristolainen was a bum after the first intermission
Hutton has been a let down
The defense at large flushed the game down the toilet in the span of a few minutes
Zemgus hasn't been able to buy a goal since like 2014 or something

Ugly
It's amazing how Ennis can find a niche but Okposo is completely useless.
We'd fare much better with DOR/Smith than TT/Sobadka

Eichel 5th or 6th?

He'd put up 150 points on that leafs team! That team won't flub chance after chance that he hands to them on a silver platter like ours did tonight

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto truly has the worst collection of posters on HFBoards.

Some of the posts in their PGT are actually alarming. I can't believe people carry that much hatred over a hockey game.

Pretty sad.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
The Captain was awesome, had good demeanor post game too. It's not really a horrible loss considering the talent gap of these rosters, but it hurts that they almost made something good happen.

I don't drink, felt hungover watching that game.

Now rally against Philly; they don't always play great defense either.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
The Captain was awesome, had good demeanor post game too. It's not really a horrible loss considering the talent gap of these rosters, but it hurts that they almost made something good happen.

I don't drink, felt hungover watching that game.

Now rally against Philly; they don't always play great defense either.

Our biggest meltdown of the year was vs Philly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad