Buffalo, NY
G
Eichel was the best player in the game
Dahlin Reinhart had great moments
We fought to the end
That first period

B
The bounces man. 3 of 5.
We needed more from Hutton there. Andersen kept them alive with key saves.

U
A special f*** you to the leafs fans who’ll inevitably come into this board to wave their ****

I should be upset, but honestly, that was a great effort from the Sabs. I come away from the game happy, and disappointed at the luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Horrible 5 minutes + Bad bounces + Inability to score on golden 3rd period chances = Losing yet another very winnable game

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Good
Dahlin
18:192611
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bad
Risto
17:181730
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Coulda used Montour tonight instead of Hunwick

Reactions: sincerity0

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
G
Eichel: By far best player on the ice. Would have had 5+ points if the stiffs could finish
Ullmark: Made some key saves to give us a chance
Reinhart

Bad
Risto: His play on the long passes was a clown show. A chimp from the Buffalo zoo has more sense than he showed.
Bogo: Terrible passing
Thompson: Terrible penalty and then couldn't put the puck into the ocean from the end of a pier with his shot tonight
Pominville: FINISH!

Ugly
Hutton: Was he aware he was allowed to make a save in the second? Chances were no harder than the ones Anderson was making all night
Dahlin: Yes, he had 2 points, but his play on that final PP was lower than beer league level. You MUST score that tying goal when you have that big of a 5 hole from that close

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Eichel has scored 2 goals in each of his last 2 games against the leafs...we didn't win either game.

Hunwick and Scandella were garbage as expected. Thompson hasn't hit the net in..well I can't remember the last time he hit the net.

Risto looked drunk but fans blaming him for the first two goals is a head-scratcher. The level of hatred is entering block levels just so I don't have to see the toxicity.

We haven't won 2 games in a row since the dawn of time.

Housley still sucks.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Can’t wait to see Eichel in the playoffs. He always kicks it into top gear against the leafs. Worth every penny of that contract tonight and some. To bad it’s gonna be another 2-3 years before we get to see that. There are too many holes on this team to fill in one summer.

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
Good
Dahlin
18:192611
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bad
Risto
17:181730
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Coulda used Montour tonight instead of Hunwick

I'm curious if/when Montour comes in and takes some of Risto's minutes -- and Ristolainen still gets shelled, what the reaction will be. Because his IQ is awful.

Eichel had a great game, though!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Open to find Risto-McCabe

I mean I know what I’d do this offseason but I don’t want to run afoul of the resistance

Can’t play with Scandella
Can’t play with Dahlin
Can’t play with McCabe

Can’t play here

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
tage didn’t stick out, good or bad. Feels like some of you have an axe to grind.
The guy had about four blatant turnovers, including one hitting Matthews on the tape in stride at our blue line, and missed all of his shot attempts, some from places where you simply have to hit the net. I didn't see him make a single play to a teammate when a maple leaf was within a stick's length of him, because he folds instantly the second he loses his space, though that is far from isolated to this game.

He's awful and I cannot fathom why he is still up here. That doesn't mean he'll always be bad, he's still so young. But he's been outclassed at the nuts-and-bolts hockey between the snipe-every-13-games by every single Rochester forward to come up and go back down.

Reactions: Rasmi and sabremike

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
tage didn’t stick out, good or bad. Feels like some of you have an axe to grind.
he definitely stuck out was caught staring down the at puck so many time and got pickpocketed because of it and also gave the puck away on a pass before hopping over the boards. He can't even make a pass to any of his linemates.

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
The guy had about four blatant turnovers, including one hitting Matthews on the tape in stride at our blue line, and missed all of his shot attempts, some from places where you simply have to hit the net. I didn't see him make a single play to a teammate when a maple leaf was within a stick's length of him, because he folds instantly the second he loses his space, though that is far from isolated to this game.

He's awful and I cannot fathom why he is still up here. That doesn't mean he'll always be bad, he's still so young. But he's been outclassed at the nuts-and-bolts hockey between the snipe-every-13-games by every single Rochester forward to come up and go back down.

I fully agree, but its falling on deaf ears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad