Post-Game Talk (GBU): WE DID IT!!! McEichel

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
When is the lottery? Is it this Saturday night? Next Saturday?

I'm trying to find out and all I know is it is on a Saturday according to everyone.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
It's like Christmas morning again and again!

Man, the relief we all must feel right now. Two years of absolute garbage, but it will be all worth it. A huge weight feels like its been lifted from my shoulders. It's the dawn of a new era for the Buffalo Sabres. No more tank, no more hoping for losses, time to look forward, and build this team into a perennial playoff/SC contender.

With the potential of our prospect pool, drafting, an aggressive GM willing to bring in young, high quality players, plus an owner willing to spend $$, I think good things will be coming for us for the foreseeable future.

I can't wait until the draft, the summer trades, then opening night in early October!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Last edited:

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Nolan is a coach that will play Ellis or Reinhart because Ellis is established and "works hard." I want Nolan no where near young talent.

Yeah, I agree. Nolan is the kind of coach that can elevate players with little skill to play way above their level. At the same time, his skilled players play far below their level.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Yeah, I agree. Nolan is the kind of coach that can elevate players with little skill to play way above their level. At the same time, his skilled players play far below their level.

I don't think that's really fair, he's gotten good results from Ennis, Zemgus, Risto, Meyers, Zads (to an extent). LaFontaine clearly didn't have any issues with him as a skilled player.

The only person who stands out is Hodgson, but he stands out for not only the seeming head-butting with Nolan but his terrible play, so I imagine people blame whomever they least like for that one.

Like pretty much ANY coach, he'll lean on Vets over kids, people want Babcock to come in, but if you think he or any other top coach is going to be all gangbusters to give 19 yr olds playing time over a Vet (not talking about McEichel level talent) you're crazy.

I think many would be complaining about who he gives ice time to as well. Clearly Babcock is a much better coach, but my point is just that vets getting ice time over kids, no matter the state of the team as far as development/whatever is hardly a shocking choice.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
fan12.gif

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Can you imagine the Sabres finishing 29th, having a team outside of the bottom 2 win the lottery, and then watching McEichel absolutely tear it up for their respective teams for the next 10+ years?

Me neither.

THANK YOU, BUFFALO.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Can you imagine the Sabres finishing 29th, having a team outside of the bottom 2 win the lottery, and then watching McEichel absolutely tear it up for their respective teams for the next 10+ years?

Me neither.

THANK YOU, BUFFALO.

Woop woop!

C'mere Jack

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I don't think that's really fair, he's gotten good results from Ennis, Zemgus, Risto, Meyers, Zads (to an extent). LaFontaine clearly didn't have any issues with him as a skilled player.

The only person who stands out is Hodgson, but he stands out for not only the seeming head-butting with Nolan but his terrible play, so I imagine people blame whomever they least like for that one.

Like pretty much ANY coach, he'll lean on Vets over kids, people want Babcock to come in, but if you think he or any other top coach is going to be all gangbusters to give 19 yr olds playing time over a Vet (not talking about McEichel level talent) you're crazy.

I think many would be complaining about who he gives ice time to as well. Clearly Babcock is a much better coach, but my point is just that vets getting ice time over kids, no matter the state of the team as far as development/whatever is hardly a shocking choice.
Thats what my line of thought is, I think that Nolan has at least earned a chance at least to coach this teaming going forward.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
And according to Don Cherry if the Sabres fire Nolan, they will be cursed forever by the hockey gods

Sabres Dynasty

Apr 11, 2015
So glad this nonsense is finally over.

I've been lurking these forums for ages and just want to thank you all for some quality reading material throughout the tank. For the most part, it helped me maintain my sanity.

We have such an incredible future ahead of us. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad