Post-Game Talk (GBU): WE DID IT!!! McEichel

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
You have served us well old friend...but now it's time for you to go to sleep.

tank-body.jpg

sabres1.jpg

1428723502_Game-of-Thrones--The-Halfling-Hustle.gif

You, sir, have most excellent taste in imagery. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words. Tyrion is especially apt.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I don't want to beat the Pens. I'd be sick if they missed the playoffs and won the lottery because then Edmonton would get McDavid.

And what no one has really mentioned is that now we also have guaranteed ourselves #31. This pick is a guaranteed 1st round caliber prospect. Every draft has 1-2 guys who should have been first round picks bth for some reason fall. I think #31 will be extremely valuable. To be honest I'm hoping we can swing a trade where we move #31 and acquire a 2016 1st.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't want to beat the Pens. I'd be sick if they missed the playoffs and won the lottery because then Edmonton would get McDavid.

And what no one has really mentioned is that now we also have guaranteed ourselves #31. This pick is a guaranteed 1st round caliber prospect. Every draft has 1-2 guys who should have been first round picks bth for some reason fall. I think #31 will be extremely valuable. To be honest I'm hoping we can swing a trade where we move #31 and acquire a 2016 1st.

Anyone in mind?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Classic post because If the 14th pick wins the lottery then that means Boston gets McDavid if Pit makes the playoffs. You would like that better? :shakehead

So, let me get this straight. We want to start winning so you want to trade draft picks for future draft picks? :shakehead

If Anything that draft pick should be packaged to move up, or traded for NHL talent.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
So where's Zip with his collection of ridiculous "the sky is falling" posts about how the tank was over at various points in the season?

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
So where's Zip with his collection of ridiculous "the sky is falling" posts about how the tank was over at various points in the season?

No need to beat up on raging pessimists.

Just bask in the glory of losing/winning. We are guaranteed at least Eichel. The first sure fire elite player this franchise has ever seen.
I'm hoping GMTM shows more aggressiveness (like he did with the Kane / Bogo trade) and acts aggressively to make this team a real competitor. ROR and/or JVR trades to start. Add a Sekera signing and this team truly has gone from "tanking" to competing for cups.

The biggest takeaway from clinching last for me is that I can finally put the misery of tanking behind us and have real reasons for true optimism. I can unabashedly cheer for my team once again. Rooting for the tank was a soul sucking experience. To finally be able to put that behind me and look forward to the upside of a rebuild is beautiful.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
No need to beat up on raging pessimists.

Just bask in the glory of losing/winning. We are guaranteed at least Eichel. The first sure fire elite player this franchise has ever seen.
I'm hoping GMTM shows more aggressiveness (like he did with the Kane / Bogo trade) and acts aggressively to make this team a real competitor. ROR and/or JVR trades to start. Add a Sekera signing and this team truly has gone from "tanking" to competing for cups.

The biggest takeaway from clinching last for me is that I can finally put the misery of tanking behind us and have real reasons for true optimism. I can unabashedly cheer for my team once again. Rooting for the tank was a soul sucking experience. To finally be able to put that behind me and look forward to the upside of a rebuild is beautiful.

While the Kane trade was the first signal of a jump upwards, onwards and forwards... And with McEichel obviously adding to that lure... I don't want to rush things. If we can get better without being stupid, awesome. But don't be aggressive IMMEDIATELY just because you're drafting Jack Eichel.

Be smart.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
While the Kane trade was the first signal of a jump upwards, onwards and forwards... And with McEichel obviously adding to that lure... I don't want to rush things. If we can get better without being stupid, awesome. But don't be aggressive IMMEDIATELY just because you're drafting Jack Eichel.

Be smart.

That should go without saying. I don't think anyone thinks Murray is stupid. I do love the aggressiveness however. I think ROR / JVR are truly attainable. And I trust Murray to make those deals (within reason).

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
That should go without saying. I don't think anyone thinks Murray is stupid. I do love the aggressiveness however. I think ROR / JVR are truly attainable. And I trust Murray to make those deals (within reason).

Yeah I trust him as well. No reason not to, thus far at least.

If a deal for either of those guys could be had, I'm cool with it. Rather the guy who can play center, usually, but with our new found depth option wise down the middle, talent with proven effectiveness scoring from the wings is certainly tantalizing.

Wouldn't the Leafs look to move Qescle before Javie Are?

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Yeah I trust him as well. No reason not to, thus far at least.

If a deal for either of those guys could be had, I'm cool with it. Rather the guy who can play center, usually, but with our new found depth option wise down the middle, talent with proven effectiveness scoring from the wings is certainly tantalizing.

Wouldn't the Leafs look to move Qescle before Javie Are?

Kessel? Probably. I wouldn't mind having Kessel playing next to Eichel. Only problem being that Kessel is notoriously lazy. The guy floats through training and practice. And he floats by on his pure talent. If we had a strong Coach like Babcock, it'd be all good... If Nolan sticks around I guarantee he'd have Kessel in the doghouse forever.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Kessel? Probably. I wouldn't mind having Kessel playing next to Eichel. Only problem being that Kessel is notoriously lazy. The guy floats through training and practice. And he floats by on his pure talent. If we had a strong Coach like Babcock, it'd be all good... If Nolan sticks around I guarantee he'd have Kessel in the doghouse forever.

Yep. Good post. And I'd Much rather Javie are over Qess anyways, mostly for the reasons you state.

We need positivity and good vibes. Hard workers. Professionals. No - "pros pros"

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Eichel may be a consolation prize, but put him in any draft since Crosby, he'd still be #1 overall.

I'm not as certain about that as you are...I think Kane, Stamkos and Tavares would still be at very least strong candidates for 1st overall. Possibly Mackinnon as well, with the hype he had going into the 2013 draft.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
I'm not as certain about that as you are...I think Kane, Stamkos and Tavares would still be at very least strong candidates for 1st overall. Possibly Mackinnon as well, with the hype he had going into the 2013 draft.

Eichel has more hype surrounding him then MacKinnon ever did, for one.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
Congratulations, Buffalo

0362987001422897378_filepicker.jpg

Jack Eichel is going to look good in a Sabres uniform. Eichel just led Boston U to the NCAA Championship, and is the 2015 Hobey Baker Award Winner.

That looks so sexy.

Almost as sexy as him in a Sabres jersey

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Finally. Congrats - so happy for all you guys.

McDavid, Eichel... who cares - its win/win.

Finally the tanking nonsense is over as well...

Hopefully the crowd at tonight's game are so pumped up & give the team a good reception. WOuld be so nice to end the season to a good note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad