We complain about the NHL a lot but compared to the NBA .......

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Durant, Curry, maybe Clay Thompson the way hes going will all be hall of fame players. The Warriors may not have 5 fall of fame players, but they have about 7 legit allstars that could off on their own go to another team and be a factor.

The Warriors have the most balanced lineup in NBA history.

Agree to disagree. I was just going to a team I'd seen play. And the teams in those years were insane. And going against a Celtics team that had 4 themselves. But some of the 50-60's Celtics teams had 7-8 hall of famers.
And don't even go there with some of the old Yankees teams. Murderers row comes to mind.
Most people tend to look at a current team and always think they are the best. Where many of the older teams couldn't compete just because of the way the game has changed. Doesn't mean they aren't just as good or better.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Lol. It's funny how many people here will tell you the glory days of the NHL were when the Islanders were winning four straight or the 2002 Red Wings stomped their way through the league, yet would be the first to criticize the NBA for improbably having the formation of the greatest sports TEAM we may ever witness.

The 2002 Red Wings didn't exactly stomp their way through the playoffs.

Down 0-2 to Vancouver, down 3-2 against Colorado, and even the Cup Final against Carolina was not a cakewalk.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Durant, Curry, maybe Clay Thompson the way hes going will all be hall of fame players. The Warriors may not have 5 fall of fame players, but they have about 7 legit allstars that could off on their own go to another team and be a factor.

The Warriors have the most balanced lineup in NBA history.

Dray is a HoF player easily.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Man, it's so funny that Charles Barkley is running his mouth about how he's sick of blowouts so he's going to watch the NHL instead, except there hasn't been a single entertaining game in the NHL finals. Multiple blowouts. Meanwhile game 3 of the NBA finals was a nail-biter.

Barkley and the NHL are a match made in heaven. Barkley hates guys that "don't play a certain way" and teams that don't play a certain style that he likes, and he loves to hear himself talk. And the NHL's inferiority complex is eating all that up. Look at us! Barkley likes us!!

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Man, it's so funny that Charles Barkley is running his mouth about how he's sick of blowouts so he's going to watch the NHL instead, except there hasn't been a single entertaining game in the NHL finals. Multiple blowouts. Meanwhile game 3 of the NBA finals was a nail-biter.

It was certainly the most interesting game of the post-season for either league so far.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
What I find the funniest about people complaining about the Warriors is that they are like 14th in the league in payroll. Something like 23 million fewer than the Cavs

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Rah rah rah, the NBA is boring

Game 3 of the Finals was a classic and competitive contest with a dramatic finish but it's so boring, rah rah rah

Enjoy your one competitive game because that was basically the only resistance the Warriors faced all season. They'll win it this year without breaking a sweat and possibly the next 2-3 years as well. For me this is boring.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
What I find the funniest about people complaining about the Warriors is that they are like 14th in the league in payroll. Something like 23 million fewer than the Cavs

This logic is ridiculous, no one is blaming the Warriors organization they drafted and developed fantastic talent and implemented a fantastic coach to run a historic offense.

I have absolutely nothing against Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, heck even Draymond Green. Again this comes down to Durant's decision to join them which pretty much makes the entire league hate the team.

What Durant did was the weakest move ever by a super star.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
This logic is ridiculous, no one is blaming the Warriors organization they drafted and developed fantastic talent and implemented a fantastic coach to run a historic offense.

I have absolutely nothing against Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, heck even Draymond Green. Again this comes down to Durant's decision to join them which pretty much makes the entire league hate the team.

What Durant did was the weakest move ever by a super star.

A star free agent joining the champion runners up?

I'd say Hossa joining the actual champions in 2009 was a weaker move.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
NBA needs a hard cap. As an outside observer with minimal interest, I feel like I would be a lot more interested if there wasn't a clear favorite(s) to win every year. This entire season just felt like one long waiting period for the finals, which everyone knew was going to be GSW vs Cavs.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
The reason I can respect GSW is because they literally drafted all their players save Durant. Even without Durant, they probably would have accomplished what they did this year.

But I do hate the lack of parity in the NBA, might as well simulate the whole season if you could.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I really like basketball but the combination of astoundingly annoying commentators and the "everything you do is a foul" reffing in the finals has definitely made me appreciate the NHL finals more.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
and sone of you said it was boring to have the same two teams playing against each other three straight years...

Both finals were meh, but you have to love the NHL blowing off a goal like that. Probably doesn't happen to Chicago.

That was the weakest NHL finals in some years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00