Speculation: We aren’t good enough

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I skipped Saturday night's game.

Okay, I taped it, looked at the score and decided not to watch it (so far).

I think it's a double whammy situation. A Leafs' team with the most promise of any Leafs' team since the late 1950's seems to have been spoiled through a deadly combination of incompetence and vanity. And although I rarely watched DC, at the same time the people who broadcast the games did an almighty screw you to a large swath of its demographics on a solemn day nonetheless.
Wow, someone other than Babcock that still uses a VCR. Wow, just wow. ;)

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That’s almost 50% of the cap; not much left to have a competent roster

We have seen it reported endless times that the Leafs are now in Cap Hell and have spent themselves into non competitiveness.

The consequences of having a top heavy cap busting contracts is a supporting cast that is not good enough to make the playoffs or be Cup competitive.I'm not sure why so many are in denial of what seems obvious of not accepting the reality of the situation we find ourselves in.

From the moment the Leafs signed JT to his contract, I knew this was inevitable, because I understood his contract would drive up internal Leafs salaries and once Matthews and Marner new deals were signed it was going to be game over and Leafs Cup window now in serious jeopardy and would need everything to go right to make the playoffs.

I thought Leafs odds of making the playoffs was a coin flip 50/50 odds because there isn't enough remaining cap space with 1/2 the team allocated to just 4 forwards to be good enough to compete.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Good luck with that. He has a cap hit of 4.5M. You would have to make a deal to get them to retain.
Right now, I don't know many goalies that could survive our horrible defense.
We might as well wait if we are crashing to update the backup with a complete D makeover.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Wow, someone other than Babcock that still uses a VCR. Wow, just wow. ;)
I still use 8 track , ok

upload_2019-11-18_10-33-3.jpeg

upload_2019-11-18_10-32-39.png
upload_2019-11-18_10-33-40.jpeg

Reactions: Al14 and CDN24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad