GDT: We are playing the Blackhawks at hockey today

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I’ll be honest with you, a lot of those “tortured souls” who are upset about the use, are assholes. Independent of their stance on the usage.
Maybe, maybe not. I've gone both ways with the Hartford folks - the ones who think hockey doesn't belong in Raleigh, and the ones who wish us well. Touchy topic for them more than us, but the Canes have their own identity. Others can wear green and blue if they choose. I'm no hater and its a free country. I respect Hartford's legacy and history, and I have come to appreciate their existence over the years but we are the Canes now.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.
Forwards
McGinn-Aho-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Martinook-Paquette-Fast
Defensemen
Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Pesce
Skjei-Bean
Goalies
Reimer
Nedeljkovic
Scratch: Fleury
Injuries: McCormick (upper body; injured reserve), Mrazek (right thumb)
Taxi squad: Bibeau, Lorentz, Ryan

Fleury in the doghouse?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Fleury in the doghouse?
It's probably more that Bean has looked pretty good even though he randomly falls over more often and more easily than Joakim Nordstrom and that Rod isn't going to take out Gardiner or Skjei (not that he should). Fleury is going to have to up his game in response the next time he draws into the lineup.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
upload_2021-2-19_12-10-36.png

Hawks @ Canes - It's going to be battle. Despite the Hawks recently ending a 6-game head-to-head skid to the Canes, I have Carolina resuming control of the series in Raleigh tonight.

Hawks 2 (Goals: Kane, DeBrincat)
Canes 4 (Goals: Jake Gardiner, Jake Gardiner, Martinook, Jake Gardiner)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Guess that means Ned against TBL tomorrow. Big vote of confidence from the coaching staff

The more I think about it, it may depend on when they received this information. Rod seems to be a proponent of giving the goalies a plan and sticking to it. So if they planned for Ned to play Chicago tomorrow, and Chicago is now TB, maybe that isn't worth flipping goalies on short notice. Let them stay on their planned schedule.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
View attachment 397992

Hawks @ Canes - It's going to be battle. Despite the Hawks recently ending a 6-game head-to-head skid to the Canes, I have Carolina resuming control of the series in Raleigh tonight.

Hawks 2 (Goals: Kane, DeBrincat)
Canes 4 (Goals: Jake Gardiner, Jake Gardiner, Martinook, Jake Gardiner)
Your predictions aren’t bold enough add assists and penalties too

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Fleury in the doghouse?

the only time i don't recall fleury in the doghouse was the bubble season. rod and our defensive coaches have long since grown frustrated with his inability to do it all at once or to give anything resembling consistency. i think they're just waiting for someone to take his spot. i don't think anyone in the current organization is all that enamored with him. i think under normal circumstances with a normal camp, a guy like sellgren or mckeown would have really pushed for that spot. as it stands, i think he's on borrowed time waiting for someone from bean, honka, keane, sellgren, kaski?, fensore? to show up to claim that spot. he's a cheap hand relatively speaking but they don't love him. he might find his way in a trade at the deadline, because there's a lot there in tools but for whatever reason the mentality isn't as sharp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad