GDT: We are playing the Blackhawks at hockey today

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
We will lose because Reimer is so huge that Ken Dryden gets special permission from the league offices to install a soccer net on our side of the ice. Since Reimer is not as mobile, Rod then decides to put in Ned for his puck handling skills. But because of his size, he gets deked out by all the Blackhawks shooters who call him "shorty" as they bury the puck in the net.

Probably.

Should be fun.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We lost last game, so logically, we lose this one. This goes on until we become the worst team in the league, possibly the worst team in NHL history, winning only through pure chance and circumstance. Or maybe we win this game, continuing to do so until we become the greatest team to ever play the sport and Michael Jordan calls Jordan Staal to officially pass on the mantle of "Dream Team"

Or maybe something somewhere in between those two happens. I dunno, I can't predict the future.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We will lose because Reimer is so huge that Ken Dryden gets special permission from the league offices to install a soccer net on our side of the ice. Since Reimer is not as mobile, Rod then decides to put in Ned for his puck handling skills. But because of his size, he gets deked out by all the Blackhawks shooters who call him "shorty" as they bury the puck in the net.

Probably.

Should be fun.

I played goalie at a decent level in soccer growing up, and was frequently at soccer camps and whatnot with slightly older kids.

My major weakness? There was an age (~11-12) when I couldn't easily touch the crossbar when everyone else in those camps could. I just got chipped over and over and there was nothing I could do about it.

Your post brought up some things for me.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
We lost last game, so logically, we lose this one. This goes on until we become the worst team in the league, possibly the worst team in NHL history, winning only through pure chance and circumstance. Or maybe we win this game, continuing to do so until we become the greatest team to ever play the sport and Michael Jordan calls Jordan Staal to officially pass on the mantle of "Dream Team"

Or maybe something somewhere in between those two happens. I dunno, I can't predict the future.
Is it or is it not a Dundon era Canes season if at or if not at one point all hope seems to or seems not to be lost?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
We are in the reverse retro jerseys tonight.

Although they are better than the whites, Im not a fan of using the Whalers stuff. We arent the whalers.
I used to feel that way but Im not bothered by it anymore. It seems the league wants to keep the Whalers visible for Merch purposes. In the EA NHL game there has been "fans" in the stands with Whalers gear on for years. It othered me at one point cause no other team had something like that. Theres no Thrasher gear at the Jets no old Jets gear at the Yotes, No Nordiques gear at the Avs, but yet theres Whale gear at Canes games.

Anyway who cares now. I hope TD makes merch money to dump back into the team because of it.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
We are in the reverse retro jerseys tonight.

Although they are better than the whites, Im not a fan of using the Whalers stuff. We arent the whalers.
Agreed. Have gotten some heat for this, but I will say it again. We need to stop peddling the Whalers crap. Is it nice to pay homage to a defunct team on rare occasion? Maybe. I wont over-analyze that.

The Whalers peddling is a cash grab for more merch sales at the expense of the poor tortured souls in Connecticut. Beautiful logo and colors but leave it in Hartford. If the Canes ever move to Fargo, ND and become the Fargo Huskies, I'm not digging "Hurricanes night" twice a year.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Agreed. Have gotten some heat for this, but I will say it again. We need to stop peddling the Whalers crap. Is it nice to pay homage to a defunct team on rare occasion? Maybe. I wont over-analyze that.

The Whalers peddling is a cash grab for more merch sales at the expense of the poor tortured souls in Connecticut. Beautiful logo and colors but leave it in Hartford. If the Canes ever move to Fargo, ND and become the Fargo Huskies, I'm not digging "Hurricanes night" twice a year.

I’ll be honest with you, a lot of those “tortured souls” who are upset about the use, are assholes. Independent of their stance on the usage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad