GDT: We are not playing the Blackhawks at hockey today. We are playing the Lightning.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He had the best GAA and second best save percentage in the AHL. I'm sure it's because he sucked.
Guys have won that award and had great numbers and sucked at the NHL level. Plenty of them. And I'm sure they had aspects of their game that wouldn't translate to the NHL level as well. Again, every minor league has guys that put up great numbers at that level and couldn't cut it in the NHL. I sincerely hope that he is our answer in net and this was the start of a kick ass career. I'm not going to let that get in the way of what I think I see. That doesn't mean I won't be wrong. I'm wrong plenty and don't mind admitting it.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Fleury has become as solid and dependable as Pesce and nobody noticed. I don't think anybody's in the doghouse, we just have a lot of defensemen who have legitimately all earned playing time.
I'm a Fleurystan but he's not as dependable as Pesce. He was inconsistent before tonight but I give him a pass since he played on the right and I just don't think he has chemistry with Gardiner.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
There was a lot of solid play tonight from top to bottom. Everything was clicking for the most part. Slavin is such an important piece to the formula on D, and he looked markedly better tonight. The 4th line was playing physical, making plays and making it tough on TB. When your 4th line shows up like Mel Gibson in Braveheart you're in for a good night.

Also, Ned played very well. Congrats to him for that shutout. Brought a tear to my eye what he said about his parents in the post game. Way to go kid.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm a Fleurystan but he's not as dependable as Pesce. He was inconsistent before tonight but I give up him a pass since he played on the right and I just don't think he has chemistry with Gardiner.

the reason I compared him to Pesce and not Slavin is because Pesce is generally more fallible than Slavin, but you don't tend to notice him unless he *really* screws up and that's Fleury's game as well.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Oh, shit, I guess you're right! He really does suck!

I'm not saying that he's gonna be a great NHL goaltender. He was certainly great tonight, but in the long term, I have no idea.

What I *am* saying is that he *was* a great AHL goaltender, and I think it's bullshit that you won't admit it.
You said the wrong thing and you get an attitude. Look at you big guy. Do you feel better

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
He was the AHL goaltender of the year. If you think he wasn't good in the AHL, then it's because that's what you were choosing to see.
that was one year. he had one good year out of four in the ahl.

cam ward definitely had some good years in the nhl, but overall he was average at best. you can have good seasons and still not be good overall.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Fleury hasn't proven he can hold Pesce's jock, but he was solid tonight. A good response to not being in the lineup recently. It's always nice to see someone respond to competition because this is a team of competition now and going forward. I hope he can get back to where he was late last season and in the bubble and remove some of the inconsistency from his game.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I still like the Pacquette deal. He brought the sandpaper we needed and chipped in a goal I don't think anyone was expecting him to get 20 a year but his game is to hit people and make it rough on the other team and maybe he didn't do that in Ottawa but he is doing it here..

and Lorentz just acts like he belongs he makes mistakes but he hustles and Annoys the other team (His current role)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad