GDT: We are not playing the Blackhawks at hockey today. We are playing the Lightning.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm not sure I see that much production for Brock. He's never going to have this shooting percentage on a regular basis. I'd honestly still keep Foegele before Brock and Marty all things equal, but would be prepared to replace all three with cheaper options if needed to keep better players.

The other factor is that if he has a career year production wise, his contract demands are likely going to be much higher than Carolina is willing to pay. Some team will likely pay it though.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The other factor is that if he has a career year production wise, his contract demands are likely going to be much higher than Carolina is willing to pay. Some team will likely pay it though.
Yup. That's why I made a David Clarkson comparison at some point. It won't likely be that bad, but it could be ugly when he most likely morphs back into a role player that hits posts all the time. Again, not to say I don't value him, but I think he'll be out of our price range for what he'd bring.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm not sure I see that much production for Brock. He's never going to have this shooting percentage on a regular basis. I'd honestly still keep Foegele before Brock and Marty all things equal, but would be prepared to replace all three with cheaper options if needed to keep better players.
Clearly you don't remember me from my, "....Chris Terry will put up 40 this season" days:sarcasm:.

My original guess was that Foegele gets the nod because he's been as offensively talented, is responsible on defense, and has incredible wheels. But, Brock is Roddy's boy, so that tipped it for me.

As I've said a couple of times before, my bet is two of Martinook, McGinn, and/or Foegele will almost certainly be gone next season....or they won't make the raises they think they deserve....at leas not here.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Clearly you don't remember me from my, "....Chris Terry will put up 40 this season" days:sarcasm:.

My original guess was that Foegele gets the nod because he's been as offensively talented, is responsible on defense, and has incredible wheels. But, Brock is Roddy's boy, so that tipped it for me.

As I've said a couple of times before, my bet is two of Martinook, McGinn, and/or Foegele will almost certainly be gone next season....or they won't make the raises they think they deserve....at leas not here.
I think Martinook will have the toughest choice, Im sure he loves it here. Leaving for a little bit more money actually makes sense for him as he's grinding out a career and needs every penny though I'm sure he'd prefer to stay. I think we're going to lowball him and put him to that choice.

I could see someone overpaying Brock short term enough to sway him. We may not ever really be in the conversation as we have cheap replacements and aren't going to get into a bidding situation. Foegele is restricted, he's not going anywhere. They'll play hardball and he wont have much argument.

Mcginn will have some value on the market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad