We are 100% done, join me in cursing out this team

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Realistically speaking, this is actually the team we've been cheering for the entire year. It's amazing that this trash team managed to hold down a playoff spot for a good 70 or so games. Awful team led by a ****ing brain dead captain who is locked up for 7 more seasons. Just an embarrassing franchise from top to bottom.

Hold me

:cry::cry: :laugh::laugh:

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
A poster on the other thread named 'thinkinfeller' posted this:

"I can remember something about a couple of hundred Blue Jackets fans showing up to protest the way the team was being run 2 or 3 years ago. Imagine if a couple hundred thousand Leafs fans flooded the ACC to do the same thing"

If someone or a group of folks are willing to organize this...I am all in!! When CBJ fans and Islanders fans are doing this..why the hell aren't we leaf fans doing this....we're not any less pasionate then those fans and we have been through far worse for many more years...The ineptness of this organization to put together anything resembling success is disgusting....Seriously sick of the losing culture here and the inability of the management team to start doing whatever is necessary to be better instead of doing half ass rebuilds or not bringing in the right core of players etc. As the most rich team in the NHL...I expect more...and before anyone brings this up...salary cap applies to the players..but not the scouting staff, GM, coach, analysts etc. etc

But anyway..I'm taking the opportunity to vent..but I'm also not joking about the above..if there are enough of us who are in to do a 'protest'...we should do this just to send a message...Tim L will certainly have to atleast comment!!

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
It is truly remarkable that a group of players which have never accomplished ANYTHING were able to fleece a "professional" out of 20+ million per yer year for over 7 years. It adds up to over ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY MILLION DOLLARS.

It was really annoying too the way they made a big show of the Phaneuf signing on 24/7. Loiselle going on about how important it is to have room under the cap, then coming off all proud of himself for that cap-destroying deal.

Galchenyuk99

Nov 2, 2013
I hate the leafs and came to enjoy tears....then i found this thread...damn i am right in the feels

You guys deserve better than this. Stay strong mates!!!

TheSeed

Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Our core guys:

Kessel (soft player, doesn't show up when needed) telling the organization get the contract done before the season begins or.... yea **** you Kessel

Phaneuf for 7 years @ 7 mil....**** YOU NONIS
Clarkson for 7 years @ 5 mil....**** YOU NONIS

Not changing the system that has not worked since last season

**** YOU Carlyle

I'm not convinced that this is the real David Clarkson. Right now he's on Komisarek levels of trying to "play to his cap hit" vs playing his own game.

Doesn't help that he's not been put in situations to be successful. I mean the best way to help somebody's confidence is by throwing them a bone every once and a while. You don't really want him handling the puck, and we lack bodies that will stand in front of the net on the PP, so why not use him there? Pot some garbage goals and build confidence. Win Win on all sides. That's poor management of players.

This team has been mis-managed since Ron Wilson was here. I remember when Carlyle was brought in, everybody was saying things like "Will Luke Schenn thrive in this new defensive system", but it has still been as run and gun as the Wilson era. I would LOVE to grind out 2-1 and 1-0 wins if it meant we played a hard, grinding, defensive game.

Players aren't stupid. They know that if they don't do as coach wants, they won't play. Our defensive lapses, bad pinches etc are in the coaching system.

pdmuck

Feb 23, 2009
Massachusetts
I see no heart, I see no grit, I see no determination. I look at the leading teams and sure, we might match a few of them on skill (at times), but we don't come close on heart, character and the sheer will to win.

We have no Bergeron or Chara, no Stamkos, no St. Louis, no Crosby or Giroux. We have no Subban or Paccioretti (as much as I hate the two of them). No Toews, no Backes, no Getzlaf, Perry or Kopitar...guys who strap the rest of the team on their backs and set the tone and lead them to success, both on the score sheet and otherwise.

We might have some skill players, but there is no heart and soul, individually or collectively.

As Bill Parcells once said, "you are what you are." And we are not a truly competitive playoff team.

And I'm not sure whose fault that is. Probably falls on many people, both those who wear jerseys as well as suits.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Some of you give up much too easily, that's ironic because its the same ones who complain about the leafs giving up.

Big game tomorrow, most important of the season. Playoffs are still very realistic, go leafs ! ;)

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
IMO we need a culture change. I hear management go on the radio and talk about injuries, youth, bounces etc and never ever hold either themselves, the coaching staff, or the players accountable. Where is the accountability? Remember when Carlyle was hired, that's what he was going to bring? He never did. They just picked on skilled players like Grabo, Mac, Kadri, Gardiner. Then you hear our delusional coaches talk about quality of shots, and scoring chances? Greg Cronin has to be either the biggest liar or idiot on planet earth, or both! Randy has the assistants drinking the kool aid that's for sure. It trickles down to our players. I heard JVR last night talk about bounces! Before the players were talking about injuries. Why not just say "we aren't getting it done." This is why I love teams like the New England Patriots. There is never, ever an excuse. Brady is hurt, next man up. Bledsoe goes down, next guy up. The wings are the same way. Grand Rapids Gryphons playing their tails off right now. It's sad. Our organization is sad. We have never won a president's trophy, and one division title in 40+ years. I know those are regular season accolades but they are also marks of elite organizations. We are a joke. So it starts with firing Randy and Nonis and then letting the new management team evaluate what needs to stay/go. Have the leafs ever had a 50+ regulation win season? I don't think so. We've never been close to elite. That includes the Dougie teams, and the early 00's teams. Leiweke needs to clean house and stop hiring people that build patch work garbage and start building not just a team, but ****ing program.

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
Actually management and the coaching staff hold "certain" players accountable like Kadri, Gardiner, and Reimer. What a joke. Fire them all.

hockeyfanz*

LOL @ all the fans who think that this is Nonis' mess and are still stroking the ego of that awful manager, Brian Burke. This team was his when the Leafs were winning...at the beginning of the year with the same lucky shinny hockey play that they have employed since the days of Ron Wilson. The core is Burke's. The captain is Burke's. The young players are Burke's. The coach is Burke's. Even the current GM and front office staff..all Burke's.

All Nonis did was add actual players that could potentially help a team to success in Bolland/Bernier and Gleason. He made a few mistakes yes...mainly sticking with the trash that Burke left behind and extending them rather than dumping them. Then he went out and wasted valuable cap space on a guy like Clarkson.

LOL at all the "Seguin sucks and the Leafs won the Kessel trade" guys. LOL at the fleecing of Calgary for the stud D and Captain. LOL at the next coming of Paul Coffey (Jake Gardiner) and the acquisition of stud players from nothing ala Cody Franson and Joffrey Lupul. LOL at the GM who arrived with cupboards bare and "stockpiled" the team with grade A talent. LOL.

LOL at building from the net out and pugnacity testosterone rhetoric from an old washed up dinosaur and former goon GM. One of the worst D's in the league coupled with one of the softest top 6 in the NHL.

LOL at bringing in awful coach after awful coach. Bring in the guy who won a ring with me since my old College buddy is being unfairly treated by the ignorant media and fans. LOL.

LOL at the catastrophe engineered and assembled by a vastly over rated loud and dumb GM and his mentor who continued down the same path to mediocrity and solidifying it by dressing useless hockey players like Clarkson, Orr and McLaren for a big chunk of the season.

It wasn't the wrong move to chop the head off of that animal. That absolutely had to be done. The evidence is clear as day. The wrong move was to keep his henchmen and his core together. Should have cleaned out the front office and eliminated the stench that permeated and was left behind by the former butcher in control.

Should have wiped the slate clean and started new. Traded these pieces that the Leafs are now stuck with for almost a decade instead of adding to it.

Leafs are done. Not just this year. For many years to come. Can't win with this group of "stars". Talk about country club..Muskoka five and entitlement.

This is the defining era of the often criticized culture of previous incompetent management teams. These guys are the poster boys for such malarkey.

Toronto is the only market in the entire sports world that can get away with this and still not miss a beat in printing money and having a loyal and apologetic fanbase who seem to thrive on losers.

steam whistle

Nov 27, 2013
Ontario
questions:

1. mid-season trade deadline, why we didn't chase Matt Moulson? this guy can be a boost for us.
2. Flyers can turn around table quickly after miserable season start, they changed coach very fast. why not us? Our management is not that smart...
3 Is RC a good coach? he won the cup with team Canada guys, don't deny it. he is below average coach.:shakehead:shakehead

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The only thing, that will grab anyone's attention, to make changes is for the revenue of the franchise to suffer...the $$$ stops flowing, and people no longer pay crazy money for tix etc and things will change...

Fans in TO seem unhappy, but the Leafs still generate big money...doesn't make sense? It's a large fanbase, but when will the cycle change?

Disgruntled Observer*

LOL @ all the fans who think that this is Nonis' mess and are still stroking the ego of that awful manager, Brian Burke. This team was his when the Leafs were winning...at the beginning of the year with the same lucky shinny hockey play that they have employed since the days of Ron Wilson. The core is Burke's. The captain is Burke's. The young players are Burke's. The coach is Burke's. Even the current GM and front office staff..all Burke's.

All Nonis did was add actual players that could potentially help a team to success in Bolland/Bernier and Gleason. He made a few mistakes yes...mainly sticking with the trash that Burke left behind and extending them rather than dumping them. Then he went out and wasted valuable cap space on a guy like Clarkson.

LOL at all the "Seguin sucks and the Leafs won the Kessel trade" guys. LOL at the fleecing of Calgary for the stud D and Captain. LOL at the next coming of Paul Coffey (Jake Gardiner) and the acquisition of stud players from nothing ala Cody Franson and Joffrey Lupul. LOL at the GM who arrived with cupboards bare and "stockpiled" the team with grade A talent. LOL.

LOL at building from the net out and pugnacity testosterone rhetoric from an old washed up dinosaur and former goon GM. One of the worst D's in the league coupled with one of the softest top 6 in the NHL.

LOL at bringing in awful coach after awful coach. Bring in the guy who won a ring with me since my old College buddy is being unfairly treated by the ignorant media and fans. LOL.

LOL at the catastrophe engineered and assembled by a vastly over rated loud and dumb GM and his mentor who continued down the same path to mediocrity and solidifying it by dressing useless hockey players like Clarkson, Orr and McLaren for a big chunk of the season.

It wasn't the wrong move to chop the head off of that animal. That absolutely had to be done. The evidence is clear as day. The wrong move was to keep his henchmen and his core together. Should have cleaned out the front office and eliminated the stench that permeated and was left behind by the former butcher in control.

Should have wiped the slate clean and started new. Traded these pieces that the Leafs are now stuck with for almost a decade instead of adding to it.

Leafs are done. Not just this year. For many years to come. Can't win with this group of "stars". Talk about country club..Muskoka five and entitlement.

This is the defining era of the often criticized culture of previous incompetent management teams. These guys are the poster boys for such malarkey.

Toronto is the only market in the entire sports world that can get away with this and still not miss a beat in printing money and having a loyal and apologetic fanbase who seem to thrive on losers.

Excellent post.
I still have the same opinion of this team as I posted about in September... a playoff bubble team.
This team has been hot/cold all season. i think it's very possible that we could end the season on one of our high notes and make the playoffs. It's possible.

But after all the ******** we've been through, simply slipping into the playoffs ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!
Not for the richest team in the league with the most financial advantages.
I'm SO SICK of the leaf fan apologists that deny that the leafs have a dramatic financial advantage over a substantial amount of the competition. But I'm sure they'll be out in droves.
This fan base is best known for making lame excuses and rationalizations. If only we could get our acts together and DEMAND accountability. Until that day comes, we'll continue to be the embarrassment of the league.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
We should be used to mediocrity by now.

But these last 3 years, epecially, this year hurt the most. We actually have all the tools.

A "defensively minded" coach
One if the league's best players in kessel

Skill and talent and speed. And in games before they've shown us how good they can play.

So close and they choke. It actually really hurts because I don't know how to explain it.

In the 9 years when we were in the drought atleast we knew we had issues and the playoffs weren't realistic. They would be a nice surprise.

Now we should make it and missing it is a surprise.

I thought we were done with our bad years. Guess not.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
This team has no heart. They play like **** when it matters most and always look deflated before its even over. Kessel, Bernier, and JVR have been the bright spots this season but everyone else is so useless 90% of the time. Kadri always has to make that extra unnecessary move. Raymond is giveaway machine and has no clue how to properly utilize his skating ability. Lupul is MIA most games and you typically only hear his name when hes giving the puck away, what happened to this guy? I truly believed we finally had the leader in the top 6 that we so desperately need. Clarkson.... easily one of the worst signings in the history of this team, makes the Komi contract look like nothing. Our Dcorps is laughable. Phaneuf has been solid all season long but he still has those insanely stupid timbit hockey plays and they only seem to happen when the games on the line. Gunnar looks like the only guy who knows how to play his positioning properly.

I really really hope I eat my words with this post and this team figures it out. But its unlikely. Being a fan of something shouldn't be such a heartache but this team always brings you up to the top and just when everything seems great they drop you on your head. Its like being in an abusive relationship.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
:)to be clear this title can't be 100 % done until it's mathematically impossible, which it isn't as of today, now that could change in the next few days, no question and likely, but this thread should've been started when they really ARE 100% done, which is not today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad