GDT: WDSF Game 7: Wild @ Golden Knights - 8:00 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN, BSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Yet Vegas is playing our breakout far far tighter and we were unable to generate few to zero significant odd man rushes

The Wild do not have nearly the speed or the skill that Vegas has. They aren't as dangerous or able to exploit aggressive play like that to the degree that Vegas is able to do so. It's been a great gameplan that's pretty much stifled the Fiala/Kaprizov lines who rely a lot on scoring off the rush or the PP that we didn't really see to the degree that they are doing it in the regular season.

Reactions: Pinchy11

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The Wild do not have nearly the speed or the skill that Vegas has. They aren't as dangerous or able to exploit aggressive play like that to the degree that Vegas is able to do so. It's been a great gameplan that's pretty much stifled the Fiala/Kaprizov lines who rely a lot on scoring off the rush or the PP that we didn't really see to the degree that they are doing it in the regular season.
I don’t find Vegas to be particularly fast or skilled....they play a good system. Colorado is infinitely faster and more skilled than Vegas.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

:huh:

i would argue we are more skilled, less physical and speedy. They dont have a kap, fiala or zucc on their team. Pax is their best offensive "scorer" but 90% of their lineup is powerforwards and grinders

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And ozone time? How about icings? Vegas carried the play and that much was clear to anyone watching. The Wild clogged up the ice in front of Talbot and hung on well enough
You really trying to save face with icings?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yet Vegas is playing our breakout far far tighter and we were unable to generate few to zero significant odd man rushes
Have you not noticed our wings park down low while theirs float high and shoot out ASAP? We have a five man breakout, they just cherry pick and force it up ice. First game was very intense as we did pinch and all that which helped us be created a lot of offense for them also

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You really trying to save face with icings?
They had 50% more shot attempts in the game. Their CF was 60% ....they had 56% of oz starts. The number tell the tale. Vegas carried the play and the Wild hung on and capitalized

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Have you not noticed our wings park down low while theirs float high and shoot out ASAP? We have a five man breakout, they just cherry pick and force it up ice. First game was very intense as we did pinch and all that which helped us be created a lot of offense for them also
Our 5 man breakout consists of chipping the puck over their forecheck and turning it over in the neutral zone 75% of the time ....it’s a bad strategy that will get us destroyed by any team who can finish.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They had 50% more shot attempts in the game. Their CF was 60% ....they had 56% of oz starts. The number tell the tale. Vegas carried the play and the Wild hung on and capitalized
Yeah, that's how 3-0 games end up in the NHL. See game 4 of this very series for evidence.

Your argument however was about Vegas dominating the 1st period. You are as wrong as it gets about the 1st period. Trying to change your argument now, does nothing to change that fact.

edit- don't forget the Hamms

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Our 5 man breakout consists of chipping the puck over their forecheck and turning it over in the neutral zone 75% of the time ....it’s a bad strategy that will get us destroyed by any team who can finish.
I do think they'd have to play much differently against a team like Colorado than what we're seeing in this series, but that's inevitable. Against a team like Vegas that does struggle to finish this staring contest thing has been working pretty well.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I do think they'd have to play much differently against a team like Colorado than what we're seeing in this series, but that's inevitable. Against a team like Vegas that does struggle to finish this staring contest thing has been working pretty well.
I don’t disagree but as was said I think we match up with Vegas speed wise and probably have more skill. I’d like to see us play more physically and impose our will on them. I understand that when Flower is on god level it’s tough but game 1 was exactly how we should have played this whole series.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Yeah, that's how 3-0 games end up in the NHL. See game 4 of this very series for evidence.

Your argument however was about Vegas dominating the 1st period. You are as wrong as it gets about the 1st period. Trying to change your argument now, does nothing to change that fact.

edit- don't forget the Hamms
Vegas carried the play in the 1st and 2nd periods. The Wild defended well and got lucky in our zone.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Vegas carried the play in the 1st and 2nd periods. The Wild defended well and got lucky in our zone.
You can say it again if you like, but the video, and the numbers will still tell you that you're wrong.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You can say it again if you like, but the video, and the numbers will still tell you that you're wrong.
Vegas had more shot attempts , more ozone starts , higher CF in the first and 2nd. Sorry man.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
like half their shots were from the perimeter/blueline. they hardly controlled any part of the game
They were in our zone attempting shots....we were chipping pucks out and icing pucks and chasing

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
They were in our zone attempting shots....we were chipping pucks out and icing pucks and chasing

about how many beers deep were you when you "witnessed" this.

you can literally look and see where every shot attempt by vegas was taken that game. half of them were in low percentage areas.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don’t disagree but that is not the discussion we were having

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
:huh:

i would argue we are more skilled, less physical and speedy. They dont have a kap, fiala or zucc on their team. Pax is their best offensive "scorer" but 90% of their lineup is powerforwards and grinders

I guess agree to disagree. I think Vegas plays with a lot more skill than the Wild do and emphasize zone entries and other types of play with the puck with possession rather than dump and chase. Kaprizov and Fiala are obviously just as skilled or more skilled as any Vegas player, but they can't do it alone.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
about how many beers deep were you when you "witnessed" this.

you can literally look and see where every shot attempt by vegas was taken that game. half of them were in low percentage areas.
They were in our zone more than we were in theirs. Their breakouts were better and they were moving through the neutral zone better. We collapsed and held them to the perimeter in our zone. They controlled the play regardless of how ineffective they were in our zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad