Greenway - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno
Zuccarello - Rask- Kaprizov
Parise - Hartman - Fiala
Sturm - Bonino - Bjugstad

First line is awesome
Third line is awesome

Fourth line is good
Second line is terrible

What does Sturm have to do to show he's a center in the NHL?

Zuccarello - Sturm - Kaprizov
Boldy - Bonino - Bjugstad

Scratch Rask

Reactions: Ori

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I don’t like the amount of separation our D are giving Vegas out of their zone. As was said Vegas is making zone exits with speed and it gives the impression the ice is tilted and they are driving play.

A couple of the cleanest Wild breakouts with speed have been a pass up to a forward on the boards who then passes back to a D man exiting the zone with speed and a little space.

I don’t trust Evason to make any meaningful changes nor do I see him making any in game adjustments at all.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t like the amount of separation our D are giving Vegas out of their zone. As was said Vegas is making zone exits with speed and it gives the impression the ice is tilted and they are driving play.

A couple of the cleanest Wild breakouts with speed have been a pass up to a forward on the boards who then passes back to a D man exiting the zone with speed and a little space.

I don’t trust Evason to make any meaningful changes nor do I see him making any in game adjustments at all.
Evason just put together a game that gave Vegas nothing for 60 minutes

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Evason just put together a game that gave Vegas nothing for 60 minutes
The o-zone time for the first two periods was
heavily tilted in Vegas favor in my eyes....I could be off there but as far as I could tell they did a much better job exiting their zone and getting through the neutral zone. The only thing that saved the Wild was luck or Vegas lack there of. I’ll bet shot attempts were two to one for Vegas through the first 40 minutes. Not how I’d draw it up

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
My memory isn't great but in terms of actual scoring chances I can't think of much more than 5 for Vegas all game...there or abouts. They were kept in complete check.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Three straight seasons the Golden Knights have had a 3-1 lead and had a game 7 forced. There have been 29 3-1 comebacks in NHL history The Wild are looking to make that number 30, and in doing so would own three (10%) of those. Golden Knights coach Peter DeBoer is undefeated in game 7s (5-0).

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
heavily tilted in Vegas favor in my eyes....I could be off there but as far as I could tell they did a much better job exiting their zone and getting through the neutral zone. The only thing that saved the Wild was luck or Vegas lack there of. I’ll bet shot attempts were two to one for Vegas through the first 40 minutes. Not how I’d draw it up

ya no. wild were leading in shots like 2-1 in the first, and was close to even in the second.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain

Shots were 9-6 in favor of the Wild in the first, 7-5 in favor of Vegas in the second. 14-13 in favor of the Wild heading into the third.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

They have to as if you don’t it’s a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways the other way. It’s playing it safe as Vegas shoots out the zone as soon as they sniff the puck. Is it great that see? No but it’s reasonably safe and has worked.

Reactions: 57special

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They keep track of all these things you're guessing at. The Wild controlled Vegas from start to finish last night.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
They keep track of all these things you're guessing at. The Wild controlled Vegas from start to finish last night.
Show me ozone time and shot attempts from first period. I’ll bet a case of beer Vegas carried both stats significantly

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
ya no. wild were leading in shots like 2-1 in the first, and was close to even in the second.
Because they blocked 47 attempts by the Knights....actual shots were excruciating low for both clubs

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
They have to as if you don’t it’s a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways the other way. It’s playing it safe as Vegas shoots out the zone as soon as they sniff the puck. Is it great that see? No but it’s reasonably safe and has worked.
Yet Vegas is playing our breakout far far tighter and we were unable to generate few to zero significant odd man rushes

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Shots were 9-6 in favor of the Wild in the first, 7-5 in favor of Vegas in the second. 14-13 in favor of the Wild heading into the third.

Shot attempts favored Vegas, but not 2-1... probably more like say 25-20. His observation is not entirely wrong at it's core. Vegas, and the Vegas defense, has been much better at quickly disrupting the Wild's forecheck and breaking out cleanly in the defensive zone (a lot of it is due to Fleury playing the puck a ton and really well), and also are much more aggressive against the Wild at disrupting the Wild at their own blueline and the neutral zone and preventing them from being able to enter the offensive zone or even through the neutral zone with speed and possession.

The Wild are playing much more conservatively and sinking their D back to defend their own blue line and keeping Vegas D wide and choosing to live to fight another day with a lot of aerial flips out of the D-zone into the neutral zone and to try to capitalize off Vegas mistakes and not let them get into high danger areas without a lot of traffic around them or get odd man rushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad