GDT: WCSF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs (P3) San Jose Sharks - Series Talk (SJ Wins 4-3)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dude I'm right with you there, up until you want to lump us all under the "old folks" umbrella..... how about "seasoned fans"...... No, wait - how about "vintage fans"....:laugh:

:laugh:

fair enough.. how about us "long sufferrers"??

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hey all. With my beloved Hawks out, and the love I have for the city of Nashville, and country music, I figured I'd jump on your bandwagon, if you'll have me. :nod:

Would love to see the Cup stay in the Central, and 110% don't want it going to the Blows, and Dallas has won it before. So here I am.

Anyways... Go Preds! :handclap:

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
I still the flag they gave out to the fans at Game 3 hanging on the wall in the fan cave. That series is in the past and thus history but the hate I have for the ****** lingers

Go get them boys, make the talking heads look idiots again, they can't ignore us forever.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hey all. With my beloved Hawks out, and the love I have for the city of Nashville, and country music, I figured I'd jump on your bandwagon, if you'll have me. :nod:

Would love to see the Cup stay in the Central, and 110% don't want it going to the Blows, and Dallas has won it before. So here I am.

:yo:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

Had to do a double take ... welcome to the bandwagon

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Had to do a double take ... welcome to the bandwagon

:laugh: Thanks. Feels weird to be rooting for you guys and the Preds when I've spent the better part of the past 8 or 9 years hoping the Hawks beat up on them in numerous series. But it's definitely my hope that you guys can experience a Cup win. Such a cool thing to be a part of. :nod:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

My vote would be No. I don't like Blackhawks fans as a rule.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Most of your long time fans are not!!!! But your bandwagon jumpers are total jackholes. Honestly they are the ones that we hate the most. It is so funny to hear them refer to Chelios as a Red Wing.

Good thing I'm the former. :nod:

Been watching Blackhawks games... well since you couldn't watch them. Played the game from 5 on up, and still play 26 years later. Grew up listening to the Hawks on AM radio laying on my parent's bed.

I can't stand most the bandwagon fans either. Drove up ticket prices to turn the United Center into Wrigley Field West. It's just a giant college party there now. Cus it's the "cool" thing to do in the city.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind new fans of the team, but the majority are a bunch of clowns who were only coming to games, or watching because every other team in Chicago was awful... :laugh:

Still mad about Chelios going there, though. :shakehead:madfire:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Come to the Gold side. We have Carrie Underwood! :)

On a separate note: I might be a persona non grata around these parts for a few weeks, since I'm up in Joe Pavelski's home territory...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Good thing I'm the former. :nod:

Been watching Blackhawks games... well since you couldn't watch them. Played the game from 5 on up, and still play 26 years later. Grew up listening to the Hawks on AM radio laying on my parent's bed.

I can't stand most the bandwagon fans either. Drove up ticket prices to turn the United Center into Wrigley Field West. It's just a giant college party there now. Cus it's the "cool" thing to do in the city.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind new fans of the team, but the majority are a bunch of clowns who were only coming to games, or watching because every other team in Chicago was awful... :laugh:

Still mad about Chelios going there, though. :shakehead:madfire:
If you are a real fan, I respect you big time. But it was funny after 2010 meeting Hawks "fans" that would yell "Preds Suck" at me. But when I would ask them to name a Hawks player from the past and most could even name Chelios. much less Daze, Sullivan, Thibault, or one of my favorite names in all of hockey Passmore (just sounds like a puckhog name)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you are a real fan, I respect you big time. But it was funny after 2010 meeting Hawks "fans" that would yell "Preds Suck" at me. But when I would ask them to name a Hawks player from the past and most could even name Chelios. much less Daze, Sullivan, Thibault, or one of my favorite names in all of hockey Passmore (just sounds like a puckhog name)

Oh, I get it. Trust me. I live in the city and have to hear them all the time. :laugh:

Those are even some of the more recent ones. More like Larmer, Savard, Goulet, Murray, Manson, Roenick, Belfour, Graham, etc. Those are the times that I remember back to. The late 80's and early 90's, where they lost to the Pens in the SCF, etc.

I overhear a ton of stuff I just need to shake my head at. :shakehead

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Not sure how many on here were around ten years ago but holy crap I've been waiting a long time for a shot at payback against this team. Especially after the 06-07 series, beating these guys would be exceedingly sweet revenge served very, very cold

I remember it well. Can't believe how time flies.

I remember losing to them and then picking up Arnott to have a bigger center presence since Thornton man handled us. We beat the Sharks early that next season and I felt like we won the cup.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Not as exciting series for me as the Ducks series but the stakes are rising and that'll do it. Yeah, we are once again huge underdogs but that's fine for me! I love being the underdog. All the pressure is on the Sharks!

The Sharks have been called the best team in the league and we will find out that soon enough. They have a stacked team but Jones didn't got tested a whole lot in the Kings series. Put some traffic in front and pressure. I read one article and it said "If the Predators win a game or two in this series, it will be because of Pekka Rinne will have stolen those games". "Expect the Predators to be outshot and outplayed on most nights. Yeah, we'll see.

My 5 takes for this series:

1. Rinne needs to be the man he was in Game 6 and Game 7. Otherwise this will turn into a scoring competition we do not want to be a part of. The Sharks have a more explosive offense than the Ducks who struggled with scoring all along. They aren't as deep though.

2. Stay out of the box. Even though, we stopped the #1 PP in the league, the Sharks also have a dangerous PP and it showed against the Kings.

3. In the Ducks series, Weber and Josi did a hell of a job of shutting down Getzlaf and Perry and they have to shut down Pavelski, Marleau and Thornton in this series. Due to the lack of depth in offense the Sharks have this will be even more important. If they can shut those guys down, the Sharks don't have that crazy depth the Ducks had. Of course, they have Couture, Ward etc. but still.

4. Our top guns have to show up. Forsberg, Joey, Neal weren't at their best in the Ducks series and fortunately we got help from our 3rd/4th lines. Somehow, I just think that we have to score more in this series and now we're getting results from our bottom lines our, and if our top guns wake up we'll have a good chance.

5. Home ice (dis)advantage? I think we'll see many road victories in this series. The Sharks absolutely killed the Kings at the Staples but weren't as good at home. Fortunately, we were excellent on the road and lit it up in the last home game. We have to pick up where we left off.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
one of the underrated benefits of winning a game 7 is that you don't have to wait long to start your next series

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Nervous as anything about this one. Preds can definitely win, but they'll have to be better than round 1, the scoring lines have to both bring a solid attack and Pekka needs to be sharp. I think the bottom-six and the defense are playing well enough right now, could be better, but if the other units step up then the team is in fine shape.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Nervous as anything about this one. Preds can definitely win, but they'll have to be better than round 1, the scoring lines have to both bring a solid attack and Pekka needs to be sharp. I think the bottom-six and the defense are playing well enough right now, could be better, but if the other units step up then the team is in fine shape.

Yep. Ribeiro needs to wake the heck up.
Neal/Joey/Forsberg need to play to their abilities or it'll be over quick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad