GDT: WCSF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs (P3) San Jose Sharks - Series Talk (SJ Wins 4-3)

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure how many on here were around ten years ago but holy crap I've been waiting a long time for a shot at payback against this team. Especially after the 06-07 series, beating these guys would be exceedingly sweet revenge served very, very cold

I wasn't legally allowed to drink, but I hated them just the same. Beating the Sharks would be sweet.

Last edited:

JussiM

Feb 1, 2006
Finland
Not sure how many on here were around ten years ago but holy crap I've been waiting a long time for a shot at payback against this team. Especially after the 06-07 series, beating these guys would be exceedingly sweet revenge served very, very cold

Damn, it's been ten years already? Damn!

Muffin1

Apr 24, 2013
Aptos, Ca
Hey just came here to say good luck! Should be a fun series, I'll be pulling for you guys if you come out on top. See you on Friday! :handclap:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Hey guys !

... we just wiped out who finished 1st of regular season ... now the 3rd is to come. the 3rd beat the second.
So who is favourite ? ... who beat the 1st or who beat the 2nd ?

We will take them out in 6. Mark my words.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You guys got this.

top-gun-high-five.gif

Signed,
-A lot of Sens fans

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
some revenge would be nice. these Sharks beat one of our most talented rosters we've ever iced in 5 games .. Thornton and Marleau are probably the only 2 guys left lol but still. we got smoked by them and we had kariya, leggy, erat, sully, dumont, radulov, arnott, forsberg, hartnell, timonen, hamhuis, weber, suter, vokoun, mason .... sigh

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
That first series against the Sharks was the first year I bought regular season tickets. I jumped on the Preds train and been onboard ever since.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
right, who does he think we are.....

hmmm, someones taking things personal, methinks(not you trigg, obviously)...

of course I know quite a few of you who post here were there back then, since I met you at the glass for warmups every game... but we do also have quite a few younger posters who might not quite understand what a series win over the Sharks would mean to us old folks...

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
hmmm, someones taking things personal, methinks(not you trigg, obviously)...

of course I know quite a few of you who post here were there back then, since I met you at the glass for warmups every game... but we do also have quite a few younger posters who might not quite understand what a series win over the Sharks would mean to us old folks...

Dude I'm right with you there, up until you want to lump us all under the "old folks" umbrella..... how about "seasoned fans"...... No, wait - how about "vintage fans"....:laugh:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
While I'd love to pay back SJ for those tough playoff losses in the mid-2000s (particularly 2007 when we had an awesome team), any actual hatred for their team has long since burned off. I'm actually kind of a closet Shraks fan; love Jumbo, Marleau, Pavs, etc. and Burns is just hilarious.

Obviously we need to win, but I have a very different attitude towards their team and fans than I did for ANA. Go Perds!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Oh I've been waiting. This one's for Vokoun.

Add me to that list.

Perhaps it's a good thing the players don't have the long memories that the fans do.:D

Edit: and I'm with whoever said unlock the lavy and rinne threads....... Mojo and all

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I really am shocked at Shark and casual fans overconfidence. Guess I just don't see how SJ is s juggernaut. I was far more concerned about the Anaheim match up. I realize SJ beat LA but LA really wasn't "LA" this playoff.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I really am shocked at Shark and casual fans overconfidence. Guess I just don't see how SJ is s juggernaut. I was far more concerned about the Anaheim match up. I realize SJ beat LA but LA really wasn't "LA" this playoff.

You would think they would realize that any team can take down any other team.

wpgpreds

May 10, 2011

Ah I was 12 years old and that was the first year I started following the preds.. Time flies... Revenge would be sweet

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Listen , we can't take the foot off the gas, and we gotta hunker down and finish the drill and not become entitled...but the Ducks IMO are much more of a formidable opponent than San Jose...

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

I'm with you. Didn't understand the overwhelming surprise at how well we were doing versus the Ducks either. A great team, sure, but people acting like taking it to a game 6/7 was a major victory for us regardless of result? They weren't the '88 freaking Oilers...

Sharks will be great too. Very good offense and a solid defense, but they are very much beatable. This isn't the undertalented try-hard Predators of yesteryear, even if they don't have a clue what the word consistency means yet.

Just win Preds and let us feast on the tears of another round of "the better team lost."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad