Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Look, I'll be the last person to defend the alleged acts by Coffey, but is anyone able to provide a pic or vid that shows the racist gestures? This is not the first time I've asked.

Call me crazy, but I like evidence before I get truly outraged.
I'm still trying to figure out how you make a racist hand gesture toward a turban. Making a 'wrapping' motion is the only one I could think of. Has anyone come out and said what exactly the gesture was?

Reactions: Indiana

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011

Hook this up to my veins.

Thinking of that diving backcheck EP did to prevent McDavid going in on a short breakaway.

I think McDavid is a bit injured and Drai definitely is. They probably checked out a bit while the score was 4-1. Then Canucks came crawling back and by the time it was 5-4, they were too "flat footed" in the game to ramp it up again. Too little time to flip that switch.

Canucks need to be cautious as they'll probably be more prepared next game. Must have underestimated Canucks for sure.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Anyways, to get back on topic, the Canucks continue to own the Oilers this season. They're just finding new and exciting ways to do it. I'm sure the Toronto-based media will be overjoyed by this outcome.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Anyways, to get back on topic, the Canucks continue to own the Oilers this season. They're just finding new and exciting ways to do it. I'm sure the Toronto-based media will be overjoyed by this outcome.

They can't figure out how to put a negative spin on it, so they had to call Bieksa the fan club president, and juice got a good chirp back

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I can guarantee you that if it were Demko in net tonight his cult would be cutting him slack on at least 3 of those goals. As would I...

Nah, those were terrible goals. If Demko did this, I would be very worried. I don't think Demko has had bad goals like this before, or at least not since being an established elite goalie.

At the end of the day, we're playing with house money in Silovs and DeSmith. I expect better, becuase they do have to be if Canucks want to take this series, so I'm going to criticize hard. But I also understand they're not Demko, and Silovs is very inexperienced in the big stages.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Nah, those were terrible goals. If Demko did this, I would be very worried. I don't think Demko has had bad goals like this before, or at least not since being an established elite goalie.

At the end of the day, we're playing with house money in Silovs and DeSmith. I expect better, becuase they do have to be if Canucks want to take this series, so I'm going to criticize hard. But I also understand they're not Demko, and Silovs is very inexperienced in the big stages.
Yeah I guess winning the first WHC medal in Latvian history at home (and winning the MVP) isn't much of a big game hockey experience...

Reactions: quat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad