Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
He's been so good this playoffs. Strong along the boards, soft hands when making passes, sick ass shots, and back checking like a son of a bitch. Everything you want in a player.

I am so, so happy for BROCK BOESER aka our MVP of the playoffs so far.
Finally,, someone who can spell.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I don’t really agree that Silovs was that bad. Hyman’s goal was a weird change up because his stick was checked before he fully released. He wasn’t trying to make that shot. And another goal deflected off Cole.

Silovs will be back in net imo.

Even though there were deflections, his body position wasn't good enough so the puck would just hit him. He over played a few times, completely slid to the wrong side on a point shot. He wasn't tracking the puck well. He got rattled and started letting in relatively soft goals. In the playoffs, every mistake gets enhanced. He needs to do better.

Not sure if DeSmith would play any better, because he's a smaller goalie that relies more on reactionary saves.. that's why he's always sliding around and sprawling out, sort of like Saros. Watching DeSmith gives me a lot of anxiety. Even when he's in the zone, his play style just makes it look very scrambly.

But I would think the experience would help keep the nerves down, and he also has a chip on his shoulder to reclaim his spot.

Regardless, I'm just glad Canucks are up 1. Put some doubt in the Oilers, boosted Canucks confidence that if you keep fighting no matter what, you can actually win. Even if Silovs does get to play again, at least Canucks can "afford" a loss if he has another rough night.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
List of players that were on the trade block in the last year:

- Boeser
- Miller
- Garland

- Minnesota wanted us to hold salary
- Pittsburgh offered 2 firsts but wouldn't budge on roster players
- Teams wanted a pick to take him

We all thank you Minnesota, Pittsburgh and whoever was interested in Garland for being stubborn.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Even though there were deflections, his body position wasn't good enough so the puck would just hit him. He over played a few times, completely slid to the wrong side on a point shot. He wasn't tracking the puck well. He got rattled and started letting in relatively soft goals. In the playoffs, every mistake gets enhanced. He needs to do better.

Not sure if DeSmith would play any better, because he's a smaller goalie that relies more on reactionary saves.. that's why he's always sliding around and sprawling out, sort of like Saros. Watching DeSmith gives me a lot of anxiety. Even when he's in the zone, his play style just makes it look very scrambly.

But I would think the experience would help keep the nerves down, and he also has a chip on his shoulder to reclaim his spot.

Regardless, I'm just glad Canucks are up 1. Put some doubt in the Oilers, boosted Canucks confidence that if you keep fighting no matter what, you can actually win. Even if Silovs does get to play again, at least Canucks can "afford" a loss if he has another rough night.
I can guarantee you that if it were Demko in net tonight his cult would be cutting him slack on at least 3 of those goals. As would I...

Reactions: Indiana

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Preds in the 1st round really is a blessing in disguise,
the bois were commited to team defence and it shows, even though if it's kind of a overcommitment inho.
Defense wins series and if the bois can lock down McDrai, we have a really nice chance.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah and he said that they let a team rep know about it, so hopefully something surfaces if true

Also mentioned there were plenty of witnesses

Look, I'll be the last person to defend the alleged acts by Coffey, but is anyone able to provide a pic or vid that shows the racist gestures? This is not the first time I've asked.

Call me crazy, but I like evidence before I get truly outraged.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Silovs picked a good game to let in some weird goals because despite all that he was still better than Skinner. I can't believe he won't be a lot better next game, especially if his teammates stop tipping the puck past him...
Neither goalie was good tonight. Either they figure it out or the HC has to make a call.

Reactions: Hit the post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad