WCSF Gm#7: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/28/13 - THIRD ROUND! GO KINGS GO!

Sydor25

LA Kings
Finally found a GIF that illustrates my reaction after Williams scored last night.

tumblr_m5ktdiJk901qh1atko1_500.gif

That was my reaction to the Pavelski save by Quick! :laugh:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If Stoll is back...

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Penner - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Richardson - Fraser - Toffoli

No need for Clifford or Nolan unless we draw Boston in the finals.

Richardson was excellent last night and DS went with him more than Clifford in the 3rd. He is the much much better option right now, they could even move him up to 3rd line and have King on the 4th.

If Stoll is still out you have Clifford on 4th line LW and Richardson centering King and Lewis.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If Stoll is back...

King - Stoll - Lewis

Richardson was excellent last night and DS went with him more than Clifford in the 3rd. He is the much much better option right now, they could even move him up to 3rd line and have King on the 4th.

If Stoll is still out you have Clifford on 4th line LW and Richardson centering King and Lewis.

Yeah, but we gotta bench Richardson at some point so we can play him later have one of his return game performances. :naughty:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
If Stoll is back...

King - Stoll - Lewis

Our 4th line had a huge pushback shift last night after the Dan Boyle's goal. Clifford was out there hitting everyone, I thought he was super solid. I'd rather him in the lineup than Dwight King, he's so ****.

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
Finally checking in after last night's intensity -- and I really don't have much to add (at least yet, haven't scrolled back and read) to the in-game analysis, but this was my first in-person playoff game in 15 years, and one off-ice things really kinda stuck with me for the wrong reasons?

When did the Staples Center crowd become so juvenile when dealing with visiting fans?

Seriously -- I understand being jubilant about winning a tightly-contested seven-game series at home, and going to the WCF, that's awesome... but I thought the "Hey, <teamname> fan!" *pause* "YOU SUCK!!" (yelled by many people after the initial single person) chant was classless and violating the basic rules of heckling -- you never attack another fan who hasn't attacked you first. Besides, if you had the ability to go see Game Seven in the Shark Tank, you'd be there in a heartbeat. Most of the Sharks fans I saw were MUCH better behaved than the boors taunting them before the game even began. They weren't doing anything more than being good fans.

Shame on you, fellow Kings fans, for being louts. Attacking the opposing players -- that's what being a fan is about. But visiting fans should be treated with respect until and unless THEY do something to lose that respect. After all, we're all SUPPOSED to be fans of HOCKEY, in addition to just the Kings.

*SMDH and steps off the soapbox*

OK, that's off my chest -- onto the WCF!

first want to say congrats to the kings fans... i was at the game yesterday of course i hate the result but the kings fans were awesome more or less overall... being in the 300 section i was rocking my marleau captains jersey and sharks hat man that walk out and waiting for the escalator was just hard... had about 300 people taunting me but in general it was all in good fun and more than a few kings fans came up and congratulated on a great series...

when the kings fans started the nanananana good bye chant i gave them a little royal family good bye wave that got a nice little laugh...

it was an even even series quick just made a few more big saves than nemo did... apologize for the idiot shark fans *****ing and moaning about refs bad calls fall on both sides and in no way decided the series...

overall great series guys and good luck not saying im cheering for the kings seeing we are rivals but you guys were the better team...

little picture for the kings fans who want to see tears...

Attachments

• sadshark.jpg
    sadshark.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 34

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Our 4th line had a huge pushback shift last night after the Dan Boyle's goal. Clifford was out there hitting everyone, I thought he was super solid. I'd rather him in the lineup than Dwight King, he's so ****.

I have no issues with Clifford if he is strictly on the 4th line getting limited minutes. I would rather have King simply because if Clifford is in the pressbox, DS won't be able to move him up to play with Kopitar or Richards.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1h
Vlasic played with hairline fracture in right foot (suffered Game 4). They froze it every game so he can play.

Let's face it, Kings are just are banged up but we won't know how badly until after their season

Hockey players are such warriors. What other sport does a guy play 3 games with a fractured foot?

And I wondered about kings injuries after the Blue series, how physical that was. I really give them credit, they seem to push through pain and endure.

I think there's at least 2 Kings that we can believe are playing injured and that would be Kopi and JW; quite possibly Brown too. But, these are hockey players and injuries get overtaken by adrenalin during p/o's. One of the reasons we're all such fans of this sport.:yo:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
With the top two lines from last year's run back together and with Stoll coming back, the Kings could ice the same lineup as they used during the Conference Finals in 2012, with the only different look being the fourth line:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford/Nolan/Richardson-Fraser-Toffoli

I would hope that Martinez gets inserted into the lineup over Muzzin as well. Could use Martinez and his puck smarts over Muzzin's size.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Vlasic played with hairline fracture in right foot (suffered Game 4). They froze it every game so he can play.

Let's face it, Kings are just are banged up but we won't know how badly until after their season

Hockey players are such warriors. What other sport does a guy play 3 games with a fractured foot?

And I wondered about kings injuries after the Blue series, how physical that was. I really give them credit, they seem to push through pain and endure.

sporty-threads-hockey-meme.jpg

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Finally checking in after last night's intensity -- and I really don't have much to add (at least yet, haven't scrolled back and read) to the in-game analysis, but this was my first in-person playoff game in 15 years, and one off-ice things really kinda stuck with me for the wrong reasons?

When did the Staples Center crowd become so juvenile when dealing with visiting fans?

Seriously -- I understand being jubilant about winning a tightly-contested seven-game series at home, and going to the WCF, that's awesome... but I thought the "Hey, <teamname> fan!" *pause* "YOU SUCK!!" (yelled by many people after the initial single person) chant was classless and violating the basic rules of heckling -- you never attack another fan who hasn't attacked you first. Besides, if you had the ability to go see Game Seven in the Shark Tank, you'd be there in a heartbeat. Most of the Sharks fans I saw were MUCH better behaved than the boors taunting them before the game even began. They weren't doing anything more than being good fans.

Shame on you, fellow Kings fans, for being louts. Attacking the opposing players -- that's what being a fan is about. But visiting fans should be treated with respect until and unless THEY do something to lose that respect. After all, we're all SUPPOSED to be fans of HOCKEY, in addition to just the Kings.

*SMDH and steps off the soapbox*

OK, that's off my chest -- onto the WCF!

Just to offer a counterpoint - I wouldn't paint the "Staples Center crowd" with such a broad brush. I saw plenty of Sharks fans there last night, and witnessed no attacking or taunting. In fact, most of them looked as if they were enjoying themselves....well, at least until the second Williams goal. ;)

topliner967

Dec 14, 2011
Northern Europe
With the top two lines from last year's run back together and with Stoll coming back, the Kings could ice the same lineup as they used during the Conference Finals in 2012, with the only different look being the fourth line:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford/Nolan/Richardson-Fraser-Toffoli

I would hope that Martinez gets inserted into the lineup over Muzzin as well. Could use Martinez and his puck smarts over Muzzin's size.

Yep, Martinez seems to make more sense in a det/chi series than Muzzin, though the D has been playing well recently (well, since Greene's return) :)

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Man just think, the Kings season could have been over by now and we'd start looking forward to the draft. Instead we get to play the Western Conference finals! It's a great time to be a Kings fan.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I noticed people were standing. Is this the norm? Is it a special cheaper section? Or were they just standing at that specific time?

Capacity is normally 18,118, and last night's attendance was announced as 18,593 (I think) -- so there were 475 tickets sold that didn't have any seats attached to them, and the game was thus "standing room only".

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Just to offer a counterpoint - I wouldn't paint the "Staples Center crowd" with such a broad brush. I saw plenty of Sharks fans there last night, and witnessed no attacking or taunting. In fact, most of them looked as if they were enjoying themselves....well, at least until the second Williams goal. ;)

I initially thought it was just the section I was in (334), but when there was a long backup at the top of the escalators to get down to the ground level, it was a CONSTANT chant, not just started by one person, but from several initiators and several different groups of responders.

That said, you have a fair point. "When did such a vocal minority of the Staples Center crowd come to think that this is good fan behavior instead of juvenile frat boy antics?" might have been more precisely stated :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad