GDT: WCSF Gm#7 | KINGS#5 vs. SHARKS#6 | Tuesday, 5/28/’13 @ 6:00pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Keys to the game:

Hitting. When the Kings turn up their physical play, they can dictate the flow of the game, and they've done that fairly well since about the third period of game four.

Breakouts. The Kings have obviously been better at coming up the ice the last two games, largely by winning board battles in their own zone, and moving the puck quickly to a supporting forward in the middle of the ice, who then is able to head-man the puck up-ice. However, San Jose did a good job disrupting this in the third period of game six, largely by backing off their forecheck and stacking up everyone in the neutral zone, thus generating turnovers there. I think they were doing this largely because they were protecting their lead. In any case, if they try that again, it will be important for the Kings to bring their forwards well back into the defensive zone to gain speed going through the neutral zone. Overall, I think we're going to see some back-and-forth as each team adjusts their system to meet the needs of the situation.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I would like to see the following players enter beast mode tonight: Richards, Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Doughty, Williams, & Penner, with continued beast mode from Quick & Voynov.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
im incredibly nervous already but good news is, my playoff beard is going strong, i have my lucky kings hat and im watching the Kings house at my buddy's and we're 3-0 when i watch it at his place with him so...im giving us the edge based on those things alone.

3-1 LA

Quick plays his ass off, Carter, Kopitar and Williams light it up.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Sharks fan coming in peace. Just want to say this has been the best series and both teams are deserving. Nothing like a game 7 with the defending champs and team trying to find their way there. Good luck tonight. I've enjoyed this series too much and glad game 7 is upon us. :clap:

Dykstra

whiskey jpeg pgt
May 1, 2010
Sharks fan coming in peace. Just want to say this has been the best series and both teams are deserving. Nothing like a game 7 with the defending champs and team trying to find their way there. Good luck tonight. I've enjoyed this series too much and glad game 7 is upon us. :clap:

Agreed. :yo:

Toffoli should be in the lineup IMO

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Agreed. :yo:

Toffoli should be in the lineup IMO

ditto that on TT. play him over Nolan or King. a little less size, but better hands and hockey sense. they need the kid's knack for sniffing out the puck in scoring areas. the other two haven't exhibited that all season

still waiting to see any kind of release from J Fox, rosen or other source with line up info

all i've seen so far is Sutter hasn't decided on TT yet. also AMart is out of the line up according to not helen

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
Yeah, I don't care if TT gives up some size to Nolan, he has played HARD and won his share of board battles. He has also scored a goal, gotten an assist on a winning goal, and created lots of scoring chances. Kid has been money.

Captain Mittens*

he has played HARD .

23942642.jpg

Mr Los Angeles

May 16, 2012
man, i really enjoyed our run last year when we didnt have to deal with being down 0-2 and then play a game 7 in the next round. **** takes years off of your life

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Go Kings Go! I've been cheering for the Kings as my west coast team since I moved out here about 5 years ago, but thought I'd keep a low profile around here since everyone seems to hate the Leafs. I'll be at the game tonight goin absolutely bonkers. If any of you need me I'll be the guy swearing at small children in Sharks jerseys, re-defining the meaning of "over-served" at the beer stand and possibly jumping over the boards to throw a puck at Logan Couture. LET'S GO KINGS!

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Go Kings Go! I've been cheering for the Kings as my west coast team since I moved out here about 5 years ago, but thought I'd keep a low profile around here since everyone seems to hate the Leafs. I'll be at the game tonight goin absolutely bonkers. If any of you need me I'll be the guy swearing at small children in Sharks jerseys, re-defining the meaning of "over-served" at the beer stand and possibly jumping over the boards to throw a puck at Logan Couture. LET'S GO KINGS!

I like you. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad