GDT: WCSF Gm#5 | KINGS#5 vs. SHARKS#6 | Thursday, 5/23/’13 @ 7:30pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKopitar11*

I want Richards and Jumbo Joe to drop the gloves.

Richards would get his ass handed to him. Realistically we have no one really to fight Joe and give it to him. If only king or kopitar had that in them. But Joe is too big for Clifford. Maybe Nolan but that's stretching it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Looks like the Sharks are in Doughty's head, as well as Quick's. We're in trouble now!

Not sure if they are or not. Quick has seemed to push back more this year than last, something that I do not care for. I like goalies to let their team take care of the physical stuff, but the fact Quick is doing it I don't think is sign they are in his head.
Put a Mic in front of Doughty and he is usually good for a sound bite or two. Don't think there is anything there either.

KingKopitar11*

No one is in anyone's head. If that were the case we would of swept the sharks as soon as they started *****ing about torres.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Richards would get his ass handed to him. Realistically we have no one really to fight Joe and give it to him. If only king or kopitar had that in them. But Joe is too big for Clifford. Maybe Nolan but that's stretching it.

I don't think he would. Richards and Dubinsky have fought a fair bit haven't they? Not saying he would win I just think it would light a fire under the kings who have come out slow in the past.
Doughty fought Joe the last game of the regular season last year as well. Not the best fight but it doesn't have to be. It is about the meaning.
Joe is a smart fighter and would not fight a player like Nolan.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Not sure if they are or not. Quick has seemed to push back more this year than last, something that I do not care for. I like goalies to let their team take care of the physical stuff, but the fact Quick is doing it I don't think is sign they are in his head.
Put a Mic in front of Doughty and he is usually good for a sound bite or two. Don't think there is anything there either.

Oh I know.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I don't think he would. Richards and Dubinsky have fought a fair bit haven't they? Not saying he would win I just think it would light a fire under the kings who have come out slow in the past.
Doughty fought Joe the last game of the regular season last year as well. Not the best fight but it doesn't have to be. It is about the meaning.

Nolan or King would do fine against him. Just start the trash talking and Joe will bite because he is the captain of their team and he has to rise to that challenge (hopefully not literally bite though). But getting JT off the ice for five would be a good trade too. I think that Quick is standing up more now because D Men are not pushing back at whistles. Remember last season, Penner almost took someone's head off against St. Louis, every other whistle, our players were there to push back and hard if someone came close to Quick. I'm not sure how this changed, but it's noticeable if Quick is having to do this on his own. Our team needs to stick up for its goalie. If they can't do that, then start harassing their goalie..... or both.

But if I was going to say anything to this team, time to sac up. Nut Check. You're gonna have to take it to this Sharks team because that's how they play...... and that's the response they need.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

I don't know. Richards would probably risk serious injury. He just is too over matched.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Thornton kicked Getzlaf ass a few years ago in the playoffs, and getzlaf is a much better fighter than Mike, they're not in the same class. We need Richards on the ice, not in the penalty box.

KingKopitar11*

Thornton kicked Getzlaf ass a few years ago in the playoffs, and getzlaf is a much better fighter than Mike, they're not in the same class. We need Richards on the ice, not in the penalty box.

And Benns too. He's a really good fighter. We need some actual tall papers that can fight. We are filled with so many gentle giants.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Man's game tonight. No more ice dancing and figure skating, put these guys in the boards and play like you got a pair.

Let's do this.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This arrived today at my place. I take that as a very good sign.

Untitled1_zps9d0bd7f7.jpg

Ron*

Projected lines according to LAKingsInsider.com:

Kyle Clifford – Anze Kopitar – Justin Williams
Dustin Penner – Mike Richards – Jeff Carter
Dwight King – Trevor Lewis – Dustin Brown
Brad Richardson – Colin Fraser – Tyler Toffoli

Robyn Regehr – Drew Doughty
Rob Scuderi – Slava Voynov
Jake Muzzin – Matt Greene

Jonathan Quick
Jonathan Bernier

Ron*

However, he also claims that lines "will shift considerably." Of course, Sutter has been doing that all series long.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nolan or King would do fine against him. Just start the trash talking and Joe will bite because he is the captain of their team and he has to rise to that challenge (hopefully not literally bite though). But getting JT off the ice for five would be a good trade too. I think that Quick is standing up more now because D Men are not pushing back at whistles. Remember last season, Penner almost took someone's head off against St. Louis, every other whistle, our players were there to push back and hard if someone came close to Quick. I'm not sure how this changed, but it's noticeable if Quick is having to do this on his own. Our team needs to stick up for its goalie. If they can't do that, then start harassing their goalie..... or both.

But if I was going to say anything to this team, time to sac up. Nut Check. You're gonna have to take it to this Sharks team because that's how they play...... and that's the response they need.

I agree that Nolan and King would be better for us if Joe would fight them, but I doubt he would. When he does fight it always seems to be against another top tier talent. I don't think Richards would get injured, he could tie him up so it would mostly be a wrestling thing. Would still serve its purpose to ignite the team.
I also agree that the team needs to defend Quick more, however I also think that Quick has been quicker to react to less throughout this whole season than in past years.

ShattStar03

Jul 21, 2008
Claremont, CA
Not sure if I like the Clifford on the 1st.. I thought we were done with that experiment? I'd rather have Toffoli up there and move Clifford down to the third with Brown and Lewis (With King moving to the 4th). Dwight King's play has been garbage, dude has shown that he's a career 4th liner.

Then again, who the hell am I? lol

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's quite a haul!

You know, the Jets are going to be in the West soon, right? You may have to renounce an allegiance ;)

Nope. I'm a two team guy now, can't change that. I will have absolutely no idea who I will cheer for if Jets ever play Kings in playoffs. ;)

Today though, GO KINGS!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Thorton isn't going to fight a player that isn't of equal value to the Kings.

Right now, we don't have a player equal to Thornton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad