WCSF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/18/13 - Can't Win Them All, Especially Shorthanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKopitar11*

Not God just a really good Hockey coach. That has reasons for lineup changes.

Yeah probably. He is a goodd coach but he does make mistakes like everyone else. Also I'm not saying he is bad but it's hard not to look good when you have a great team.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah probably. He is a goodd coach but he does make mistakes like everyone else. Also I'm not saying he is bad but it's hard not to look good when you have a great team.

The Great team is because of Sutter's coaching as well.....You forgot how this team looked with Murray did yah ?

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Wasn't it Don Cherry who said Darryl Sutter doesn't look at one game when evaluating players but the whole series? When you start questioning DS's moves after each game, its going to be confusing. It reminds me of a good chess player who moves in combinations. If you evaluate each individual move, its not going to make sense. ;)

KingKopitar11*

The Great team is because of Sutter's coaching as well.....You forgot how this team looked with Murray did yah ?

Who's to Say that Murray didn't **** up the team? And Sutter just gave the team the chance to play to their capabilities. What if Murray was that bad? It's funny when the team does bad you never seem to blame the coach but when we do good it's because of the coach?

You don't know, you are just speculating. I am too. You have no proof, you aren't in the lockeroom and neither am I. I think Sutter messed up and you think he didn't. Deal with it. I just believe that our stacked team last year played to their potential and Sutter gave them that freedom because Murray was that bad. No one's perfect and I think it's a bit too soon to call Sutter a great coach, we got him for almost a year but that's my opinion.II'm not discrediting his role for the cup but I think to say that sutter got everything going is a bit of a stretch.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Who's to Say that Murray didn't **** up the team? And Sutter just gave the team the chance to play to their capabilities. What if Murray was that bad? It's funny when the team does bad you never seem to blame the coach but when we do good it's because of the coach?

You don't know, you are just speculating. I am too. You have no proof, you aren't in the lockeroom and neither am I. I think Sutter messed up and you think he didn't. Deal with it. I just believe that our stacked team last year played to their potential and Sutter gave them that freedom because Murray was that bad. No one's perfect and I think it's a bit too soon to call Sutter a great coach, we got him for almost a year but that's my opinion.II'm not discrediting his role for the cup but I think to say that sutter got everything going is a bit of a stretch.

Sutter has missed the playoff's Twice in his entire coaching career(been to the Cup finals Twice)....How is he not a great coach ?

You are now bordering on lunacy.

I think people would consider Tippet a very good coach right ?

Tippet has never coached in a Cup final, had a stacked team in Dallas too. Missed playoffs twice as well(once PHX once with very good Dallas).

You are acting like this is Sutter's first coaching job....

So whats your excuse for Sutter coaching that no talent Calgary team to the finals ? You going to tell me, he just let the boys play that one too.

They had Iggy and Kipper.....That's IT. That's with Dion being the pylon he has always been.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2006

Step away from the keyboard dude.

KingKopitar11*

Sutter has missed the playoff's Twice in his entire coaching career(been to the Cup finals Twice)....How is he not a great coach ?

You are now bordering on lunacy.

I think people would consider Tippet a very good coach right ?

Tippet has never coached in a Cup final, had a stacked team in Dallas too. Missed playoffs twice as well(once PHX once with very good Dallas).

You are acting like this is Sutter's first coaching job....

Again. I don't care what he's done on other teams. I'm a kings fan and I would rather wait a year or two before jumping on his back like you did. You're easily bought into him I want to take my time and see what he does. I like him and I think he is a good coach but I want to see how he does with the kings and his moves before I drool over him like you.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
This 2 day rest should do the guys some good, I think they're pretty banged up and fatigued. I'd really like to see Penner put back on the 2nd line, it worked well last year. Clifford on the 3rd line would also be ideal but there wouldn't be any room for King, who doesn't really deserve to sit. I'd still like to see Martinez out there, unless he's injured of course...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Again. I don't care what he's done on other teams. I'm a kings fan and I would rather wait a year or two before jumping on his back like you did. You're easily bought into him I want to take my time and see what he does. I like him and I think he is a good coach but I want to see how he does with the kings and his moves before I drool over him like you.

So a Cup win is not a measure of a good Coach or not....Gotcha ....You know how many active coaches in the League have Cups ?

Or have been to the Finals at all ?

You are just not worth debating what so ever. Step up your game bra.

So now coaches luck their way into Cups or teams carry them...

I guess Dean Lombardi just hired Sutter cause he would take a hands off approach to a team that was lifeless.

With his job on the line too boot.....LOL my god.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

So a Cup win is not a measure of a good Coach or not....Gotcha ....You know how many active coaches in the League have Cups ?

Or have been to the Finals at all ?

You are just not worth debating what so ever. Step up your game bra.

So now coaches luck their way into Cups or teams carry them...

I guess Dean Lombardi just hired Sutter cause he would take a hands off approach to a team that was lifeless.

With his job on the line too boot.....LOL my god.

Haha are you brain dead? I said that I think the whole team played into it not only the coach. I think you give him way too much credit for the cup because our team got carter and started doing really well and that carried off into the playoffs. We were playing like a team possessed. A team. Sutter or not I don't think you give our players enough credit for the win. We won the cup with him, and not because of him. It was everyone. And sorry I'm not too simple like you to be bought in over a post season that was running on pure adrenaline. I want to see what he does with this team for a year or two to see what kind of coach he is completely. I don't care what he's done with other teams.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It's amazing how some people have quickly forgot how Sutter out coached everyone in the playoff's last year.

Also with the injures, has out coached SJ so far and the Blues.

The 7 D men got Hitch to change his lineup, when Hitch probably shouldn't have.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Haha are you brain dead? I said that I think the whole team played into it not only the coach. I think you give him way too much credit for the cup because our team got carter and started doing really well and that carried off into the playoffs. We were playing like a team possessed. A team. Sutter or not I don't think you give our players enough credit for the win. We won the cup with him, and not because of him. It was everyone. And sorry I'm not too simple like you to be bought in over a post season that was running on pure adrenaline. I want to see what he does with this team for a year or two to see what kind of coach he is completely. I don't care what he's done with other teams.

The record was better prior to Carter being brought in...The record simply got better.

You are striking me as someone that became a Kings fan during last years playoff run, and didn't watch the team at all prior to that.

Players play the game, of course they have a lot to do with it.

But this same group of players were on their way to being traded or broken up before Sutter.

You don't give him enough credit.

It also may not be enough, cause Kopitar and Brown are back to being Murray players (perimeter players).

So Sutter still has work to do. Need to get those two back into the right mindset.

A-Mart or not, Sutter needs to find out what button to push on Kopi and Brown, or the Kings will be golfing soon.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

The record was better prior to Carter being brought in...The record simply got better.

You are striking me as someone that became a Kings fan during last years playoff run, and didn't watch the team at all prior to that.

Players play the game, of course they have a lot to do with it.

But this same group of players were on their way to being traded or broken up before Sutter.

You don't give him enough credit.

Murray was maybe that bad? Honestly you can be on his wagon. I don't care. I just like to see how things play out rather than just jump on someone's back who just started coaching our team at the end of the last season.

I'm done. Agree to disagree because your points are just assumptions and so are mine.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I question Sutter's decisions to keep King with R and C and to not play Martinez sooner this season. That's it.

He's out coached Ken Hitchcock two years in a row, a guy who's widely considered to be one of if not the best bench coaches in the league. That's enough to convince me that Daryl is smarter than the average bear.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Murray was maybe that bad? Honestly you can be on his wagon. I don't care. I just like to see how things play out rather than just jump on someone's back who just started coaching our team at the end of the last season.

I'm done. Agree to disagree because your points are just assumptions and so are mine.

Sutter's coaching record is not an assumption, it's a fact. The Facts state he is a very successful NHL coach.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I question Sutter's decisions to keep King with R and C and to not play Martinez sooner this season. That's it.

He's out coached Ken Hitchcock two years in a row, a guy who's widely considered to be one of if not the best bench coaches in the league. That's enough to convince me that Daryl is smarter than the average bear.

I would like to see Penner up with Carts/Richie but look at it from a depth stand point...

The second line is already the most productive so far, with King.

Now you take Penner away from the Third line.....So what exactly is that third line going to do.

If King sucks as much as people are saying ?? The Kings become a one line team....

Penner/Lewis/Toffli actually makes the third line dangerous. Also Toffoli is in his natural spot.

King/Lewis/Toffoli.....That doesn't look nearly as dangerous.

KingKopitar11*

Sutter's coaching record is not an assumption, it's a fact. The Facts state he is a very successful NHL coach.

And? He is successful. Won the cup once. Barry Trotz is probably an amazing coach too right but his team missed the playoffs. He's successful getting Nashville into the playoffs with the help of erat suter and weber. That wasn't pretty impressive team, how come when some left they missed. Again. Players have a lot to do with coaches success even if you think they are pylons they made the game plan work.

Regardless I'm not gonna look at his accomplishments on another team and say that he'd do great on the kings. If he was so great that's why almost all of us was pissed at his hiring. Again. I want to see what he will do on the kings before I jump on his wagon. He's been a Kings coach for one season. One season.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
And? He is successful. Won the cup once. Barry Trotz is probably an amazing coach too right but his team missed the playoffs. He's successful getting Nashville into the playoffs with the help of erat suter and weber. That wasn't pretty impressive team, how come when some left they missed. Again. Players have a lot to do with coaches success even if you think they are pylons they made the game plan work.

Regardless I'm not gonna look at his accomplishments on another team and say that he'd do great on the kings. If he was so great that's why almost all of us was pissed at his hiring. Again. I want to see what he will do on the kings before I jump on his wagon. He's been a Kings coach for one season. One season.

A cup winning season.....

Barry Trotz is a very good coach too.

Just not as good as Sutter, Records point to that. Trotz has had some very good NSH teams as well.

I bet it would shock people to know that NSH was top 10 in offense / Defense/ PP / PK last year.

KingKopitar11*

A cup winning season.....

Barry Trotz is a very good coach too.

And missed the playoffs.

That he coached the last twenty games for, with a team playing better on pure adrenaline with carter.

Again. I'm done here. I disagree with your pov.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
And missed the playoffs.

That he coached the last twenty games for, with a team playing better on pure adrenaline with carter.

Again. I'm done here. I disagree with your pov.

Sutter took over in December (late) ....That's more than twenty games.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Still not long enough.

Long enough for what ? That is like an entire season almost.

You do know Hockey starts in October right ?

So Sutter has been the coach for almost two season now.

Two playoff appearance, one Cup, in the second round as we speak....

Not good enough, not convinced his a good coach....

Can't wait to see your posts if the Kings manage to make it to the Finals(again).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm probably not the one to evaluate Darryl Sutter, but 22-7 is pretty good, right?

No talent assembled on a single team is that good in and of itself.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm probably not the one to evaluate Darryl Sutter, but 22-7 is pretty good, right?

Don't be silly, Team carried him. no wait A-Mart carried them....Even better LOL.

Guys like Sutter,Babcock, Hitch have no clue what they are doing.

The players coach themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes