WCSF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/18/13 - Can't Win Them All, Especially Shorthanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2005
CA
I'm sure Sutter had some words for Regehr who thought his job was to make sure the ice in the slot was being manned while leaving Coutore wide open for the game winner. He literally stops before going to Coutore and stands there, I don't get it. Between Regehr and Muzzerby I'm missing Mitchell and Greene more and more every game.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Please get King off of the 2nd line al****ing ready. Replace with Penner, move down King, and there.

And if Sutter wants to roll with 7 D-men again, why not try inserting Greene in there? I'm really missing the Martinez-Greene pairing...

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Just a guess but based on Penner' s post game comments, the Kings didn't feel Lewis's call should have been a penalty.

or
JQ was pissed because Lewis was called for interferece and Thorton wasn't on the Sharks first goal (just a guess) he skated after the ref on that one too.
I haven't read any comments from him on what he said, but I'm sure his favorite word was used liberally.

Had to have been this, re-watched both of those a couple times and it amazes me how one was called and the other wasn't. Thornton initiates contact getting free from the d-man on the first goal. there's no question that Thornton initiates the contact however light it may have been. The Lewis call watch the replay and watch Marleau's stick. he gets it in his skate and directs him the entire way right into Niemi.
Not the reason the Kings lost (that blame falls on the Kings no-existent offense) but they are both rather bafflingly inconsistent calls which is sadly typical for this league.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm sure Sutter had some words for Regehr who thought his job was to make sure the ice in the slot was being manned while leaving Coutore wide open for the game winner. He literally stops before going to Coutore and stands there, I don't get it. Between Regehr and Muzzerby I'm missing Mitchell and Greene more and more every game.

That play was weird, though. Regehr jumped out onto the ice but in the FORWARD role, because Ellerby and Voynov were on d. that helped create the cluster-fun that led to a miscommunication leaving Couture open.

I mean yeah, when in doubt, tie up the guy in the slot, but I can tell Regehr was as confused as I was that Ellerby and Voynov were already on the goal line.

dogyekcoh*

That play was weird, though. Regehr jumped out onto the ice but in the FORWARD role, because Ellerby and Voynov were on d. that helped create the cluster-fun that led to a miscommunication leaving Couture open.

I mean yeah, when in doubt, tie up the guy in the slot, but I can tell Regehr was as confused as I was that Ellerby and Voynov were already on the goal line.

Their passing were too good. they were all crisp one touch passes. It is very hard to defend against that. I would not fault Regehr on that play. He supposed to watch/play the high man at the point as well. Unfortunately, he didn't even have time for anything. It was a tic tac toe play.
The only flaws about Regehr is his footing is slow.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Ugh, Martinez was skating with Greene and Ellerby was skating with Muzzin. I think Sutter's a great coach but I'd really love to know why he's playing Ellerby instead of Martinez.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
I just dont understand why greene and martinez are not our 3rd pairing. That same pairing was great last postseason, our current third pairing is attrocious.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Have the Kings lost a game with Martinez in the lineup yet? I know he had a bad game 2 but seems odd to take him out of a winning formula.

dogyekcoh*

He is practicing with the team, but did they say he was for sure back and ready to play? I didn't see that in the notes.

Yes, in the post practice interview both him and Fraser were talking about it. The line is Fraser,Clifford and Richardson. Nolan is the odd man out.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
A- Mart may be banged up(again), he has been fighting injuries all year.

Greene is still not ready, wouldn't surprise me if A-Mart got hurt again.

The Kings are going to be hush , hush about injuries.

KingKopitar11*

Ugh, Martinez was skating with Greene and Ellerby was skating with Muzzin. I think Sutter's a great coach but I'd really love to know why he's playing Ellerby instead of Martinez.

Is it possible that it could be discrimination? I highly doubt Amart is banged up again he just had one bad game. I really don't understand why Sutter wouldn't play him. I'm sure damacles would say something to defend Sutter as always but there's no excuse.

dogyekcoh*

Is it possible that it could be discrimination? I highly doubt Amart is banged up again he just had one bad game. I really don't understand why Sutter wouldn't play him. I'm sure damacles would say something to defend Sutter as always but there's no excuse.

Discrimination??? No, he played Martinez all year last year over Drewiski.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
On that last goal, RR came out of the Penalty Box to change it from a 3-5 to a 4-5. I assume that with 3 D on the ice, there was confusion on what role which player should take.

I would guess that it would have been discussed between periods but maybe they were in "let's do this mode" and didn't actually plan what comes next.

Give some respect to Couture though, he is a good player who got free. He took advantage of what was given him. The kings have to figure out how not to give that away to their best players (J Thornton and Marleau)

As mentioned earlier, some good stuff, Kopitar was 70% on the faceoff and Mike Richards was 57%

Quick and the Kings are not allowing even strength goals. Of course that means you have to stay out of the box.

Captain Mittens*

LOL

Where was the discrimination last year?

And in this day and age, would a racist person really be dumb enough to give a guy with a Spanish surname a sombrero for a lighthearted joke on their teamates? Puh-lease!

mqdefault.jpg

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

What?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sutter has a reason for not playing A-Mart that is apparent.

You can ***** and Moan all you like, But you're not the Coach.

So suck it up.

Sick of reading it.

I wish Lombardi would have picked Giroux over Lewis in the draft. But you don't see me constantly *****ing about that anymore.

How about we let Sutter do his freaking job. He sure knows more about Hockey than any of us.

If some of you had your way, Quick would have been traded.....How smart would that have been ?

Jesus Ellerby didn't even play that bad, he was largely not noticeable.

And if the Kings offense and playoff hopes rest on A-Mart.....Well than this team doesn't deserve to be in the Playoff's.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Sutter has a reason for not playing A-Mart that is apparent.

You can ***** and Moan all you like, But you're not the Coach.

So suck it up.

Sick of reading it.

I wish Lombardi would have picked Giroux over Lewis in the draft. But you don't see me constantly *****ing about that anymore.

How about we let Sutter do his freaking job. He sure knows more about Hockey than any of us.

If some of you had your way, Quick would have been traded.....How smart would that have been ?

Jesus Ellerby didn't even play that bad, he was largely not noticeable.

And if the Kings offense and playoff hopes rest on A-Mart.....Well than this team doesn't deserve to be in the Playoff's.

I mean, all of you would agree, right?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Just saying what possible reason isthere to bench someone aafter one bad game.

Hasn't played well all season, this has been a career worst season for A-Mart(along with him fighting injuries all year).

That might have something to do with it.

KingKopitar11*

Hasn't played well all season, this has been a career worst season for A-Mart(along with him fighting injuries all year).

That might have something to do with it.

Yeah he's looked pretty ****ing good the whole playoffs except one bad game. It's too coincidental he had one bad game and got benched for it, but he was "injured" that game. I know you love Sutter with all your heart but no one is perfect and you should stop acting like it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah he's looked pretty ****ing good the whole playoffs except one bad game. It's too coincidental he had one bad game and got benched for it, but he was "injured" that game. I know you love Sutter with all your heart but no one is perfect and you should stop acting like it.

One guy is a keyboard Hero (yourself)....The other has been a coach in the NHL for Years.....

I think Sutter knows more about what is going on with A-Mart and Hockey than you do.

I am sorry I put my faith in Guy that actually works in Hockey and Coaches it.

Also has a Stanley Cup....Played in the league too, But that guy doesn't know anything right ?

Jesus some of you are amazing with your stupid comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad