Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Third year in a row falling behind the better 5v5 team. There are three players on this team who can score.

Bet there will be 'veterans' (thirty something bottom 6 players who haven't been good for the last 5+ years) coming to Edmonton this offseason to improve this team, just like every year.

Reactions: McDrai

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They need to win. Not be goaded in doing something stupid that puts them on PK. Just score, simple as that.
Game was done by then
I'm surprised McDavid was ok
He took like 3 shots no wonder he slashed
The one was very dangerous
That's not goading that's some dangerous stuff to your best player

Reactions: harpoon

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Watch Zadorov not get suspended for the vicious two hand in the back of McDavid at end of game. McDavid needs to take a page out of the Nucks playbood there. Go down there and stay down until the stretcher and ambulance arrives and with the Oilers saying its a grave spinal injury. Then Having McD be fine for game 4 and Zad suspended. Nah that wouldn't even do it.

This is the NHL though. A league that will allow the Michael Jordan of hockey be paralyzed by goons like this.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
This is a goaltender loss. It can't be avoided. But there was help with poor team defending. Way too easy and way too much ice conceded to a team that has mid-range scoring threats. PK sprung a leak with too much passivity. Never would have thought the Oilers show would be run physically by Vancouver but early ground and pound pushed out a hard first road period. Tocchet won the coaching battle.

Trust is broken with Skinner. Big decision looming for game 4. Refs were too involved in this game. Suspect calls turned into PK's that finished on a passive Oilers PK. Even strength scoring come out come out wherever you are.

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Goaltending both won and lost this game. Good effort from the team otherwise.

We gotta figure out a way to get the other lines going. I'm wondering if they should split up McDrai.
I agree with your overall sentiment but like what other lines man? If you put mcdrai together there just isn't enough talent/balls leftover.

Compose a like you think could be an offensive contributor without those 2. You can't.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
The bottom nine forwards have combined for zero goals in this series. Depth scoring is key to winning. Warren Foegele cost the Oilers a goal and a power play with two really stupid plays. Are you going to excuse his play?

Are you really going to ignore Skinner's play? Wait...yes, you've been his biggest apologist since I came back to this board months ago.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
f***ed by the Refs. 10-0-1 Ref showed his true colors for the 12th time tonight. Bettman doesn’t find it suspicious at all.

Defence shits the bed and leaves Skinner out to dry. Keep gifting the Nucks everything they get just like at the beginning of the season. Can’t blame Skinner on the goals against but you need a save on one of those breakdowns.

Shittiest part of all our breakdowns is that we’ve shown and showed in these games when we focus on shutting it down. We can. 0 shots on Pickard?

Depth scoring continues to be exactly what they’ve always been. Invisible.

Foegele with two big blunders now. And can’t make anything happen offensively. 3 years deep with this experiment now and Foegele is still Foegele.

Holloway had good jump.

Top guys created plenty, but 4 posts means our finishing and execution was not there tonight.
jfc. we gave up 6 HDSC the whole game, your'e still on this kick. give it up man, Skinner f***ing stinks.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Anti clutch nuge with a chance to tie in in the slot………and shoots it wide. FFS nuge. Nuges playoff career highlight package is his game 5 winner against Calgary and that’s it. Nothing more. It’s getting old how anti clutch he is.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Nasty double cross checks on McD at the end. I hope Nurse drop gioves with that cheapshot Zadorov next game.

Ceci out Stech in, obvious also Picard in.

Want to see Ekholm get more PP, he gets it on goal and is so clutch right now.

Outgoalied again, but he had all luck you can get.

Cant see us losing game 4!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The Canucks defence sucks.

With one line rolling, we melted them in possession and high danger SC. Over 7 games, if they can keep that effort up, they can still take the series and I think that in spite of goaltending.

The only difference here was a few soft goals and a few posts.

No the goaltending is just that bad. The Nucks need like maybe 10 SOG to get 4 goals because it’s just THAT bad

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Watch Zadorov not get suspended for the vicious two hand in the back of McDavid at end of game. McDavid needs to take a page out of the Nucks playbood there. Go down there and stay down until the stretcher and ambulance arrives and with the Oilers saying its a grave spinal injury. Then Having McD be fine for game 4 and Zad suspended. Nah that wouldn't even do it.

This is the NHL though. A league that will allow the Michael Jordan of hockey be paralyzed by goons like this.

League is enjoying playoff hockey where every single star player is getting f***ing abused. This is the only f***ing sport that wants it's super star players to die. Then they wonder why they're 1004th in viewership behind regular season men's crochet club.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Does nuge hit? I've noticed oil dump the pucks in van dmen retrieve make a pass against boards and nuge goes out of his way to not finish a check.

It seems like the opposite tonight with even petterson finishing his checks.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The bottom nine forwards have combined for zero goals in this series. Depth scoring is key to winning. Warren Foegele cost the Oilers a goal and a power play with two really stupid plays. Are you going to excuse his play?
Warren Foegele sucks.

But unfortunately for Skinner, your supposed #1 goalie is more important than your 3/4th line winger.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That JT Miller post at the end on the empty net has a good chance of going in with skinner in net
There was a more than audible boo from the homefans when they put Fred Skinner back in net. Kind of hilarious. The fans didn't realize it was just a delay tactic but hey Oilers take it from your own paying fans they don't want to see Skinner in net again. Period. For any reason at all.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
🤷

I just can't. For f***s sake.

I really really really really really really really really really wanted to get wrong about Skinner.
When Skinner was coming in I said he can settle into a decent role but he just isn’t a big game guy. He doesn’t have that fight in him. Never has. He just doesn’t have that passion. Or second gear.

He is a guy who can put up okay to even good numbers on a team but when you really need that extra save, he really isn’t going to do it. Especially with the pressure.

Some guys get mad in losses like this and use that to fuel them for next game. Others just shrug and try again.

Reactions: PBandJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad