GDT: WCSF Gm#3 | KINGS#5 @ SHARKS#6 | Saturday, 5/18/’13 @ 6:00pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Kings keep the Sharks power play off the board, and they got this. The Sharks live and die with their power play.
One thing I noticed is the Kings are shooting high blocker side on Niemi most of time, and it's working. That's his weak spot.

dogyekcoh*

Except Quick is 2-0 when he gives up 3 goals this year. The key to beating Quick is limiting the Kings to 1 goal or less. :laugh:

Do you know why the Kings are 2-0 when the opponents scored 3 goals on Quick? That means that their defense men are all in offensively in desperation mode, and that will leave them wide open for us to counter attacks. As long as our boys take advantage and finish up on those opportunities we will come out on top.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Kings keep the Sharks power play off the board, and they got this. The Sharks live and die with their power play.
One thing I noticed is the Kings are shooting high blocker side on Niemi most of time, and it's working. That's his weak spot.

I agree about having to be great on the PK. Kings did the same to Brodeur in the SCF as well. Carter went block side repeatedly.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Per Helene Elliott, looks like Ellerby in for Martinez (no surprise) and Pearson in for Nolan.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Marty had a rough game last time, but replacing him with ellerby...unless he's struggling with an injury, don't think he should be out of the line up.

Aren't the Kings 6-0 with Marty in the line up?

Last edited:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
This may be random but I was at a bar last night and noticed that after the Sens & Pens game Don Cherry was talking about the Kings. I saw some highlights and he mentioned something about Doughty smiling on the bench during a timeout while John Stevens was above him talking to the team. I'm looking for the video all over to see what Cherry had to say. Does anyone know where I can find it?

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Hmmm interesting....

I like the line of Penner-Lewis-Toffoli. The other moves are interesting. But, I'm done questioning Sutter until after the game (if need be). There is a reason why he's an NHL coach and I work for a hotel.

KingKopitar11*

Pearson is in. That is sexy. Man Sutter gives no slack to amart. One bad game and he reams him. He was on with muzzin I think. Jeez. Martinez can move the puck. I hate that move.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Man, Sutter really dislikes Martinez. He had ONE bad game and he gets benched for it. Ellerby hasn't had ONE good game. This is ridiculous, I'm going to be very disappointed if Martinez is scratched

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Pearson is in. That is sexy. Man Sutter gives no slack to amart. One bad game and he reams him. He was on with muzzin I think. Jeez. Martinez can move the puck. I hate that move.

His hate for Martinez is unreal. I know a scout who used to work for Miami Ohio and is super close with Marty. Tells me that him & Sutter don't get along, Darryl has it out for Martinez because he doesn't play the way Sutter wants him. Which is ridiculous, the guy might not be rugged the way Sutter likes but he's a much better option than Keaton ****ing Ellerby.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Wow, it really looks like Pearson is playing tonight. Unreal lol Sutter really has balls

KingKopitar11*

His hate for Martinez is unreal. I know a scout who used to work for Miami Ohio and is super close with Marty. Tells me that him & Sutter don't get along, Darryl has it out for Martinez because he doesn't play the way Sutter wants him. Which is ridiculous, the guy might not be rugged the way Sutter likes but he's a much better option than Keaton ****ing Ellerby.

If that's true then that's immature of Sutter, Martinez has had many great games these playoffs. I have no idea why he would just take him off after one bad game.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Martinez is clearly a much better hockey player than Ellerby. Some coaches just don't get along with some players, he's had it out for Martinez all year. Marty hasn't had a great season but the guy is clearly a much better option at the moment.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with 7 D tonight and 11 forwards. I have a hard time seeing Pearson playing tonight, especially over someone like Andreoff or Clifford (if healthy)

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
You can't be surprised Martinez is sitting. Any #6 Dman who is a -3 with two penalties is in trouble. Pearson starting is much more surprising IMO, I think Nolan screwed himself with his penalty. His play has been lackluster, but going in the box for something stupid is going to come back to bite you if you aren't playing well.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
really excited to see pearson play, it really shows how sutter trust a kid who has zero experience in the NHL and put him in the biggest stage.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Martinez I'm not terribly shocked about. Ellerby is steady enough on D and the Sharks don't physically pressure like the Blues do. Ellerby's skating ability might be an asset. Now, Pearson, wow. Welcome to the NHL, kid. We know he's physically mature, but in no way did I ever imagine my first viewing of him would be the second round of the playoffs. Pearson really must've been impressing in practice with the Aces.

Ron*

Come now, he bought the man a sombrero.

KingKopitar11*

Yeah it is surprising. But I remember some of you guys acting like it was impossible to give a kid 4th line minutes. Even if it's the playoffs and our fourth hasn't done anything for a long time. It's not that shocking that an ace is placed there. It's not impossible.

Ron*

Hmmm interesting....

I like the line of Penner-Lewis-Toffoli. The other moves are interesting. But, I'm done questioning Sutter until after the game (if need be). There is a reason why he's an NHL coach and I work for a hotel.

The man is a god. He led a floundering team to the Stanley Cup last season and is two wins away from the WCF in the following season. He has been incredibly successful in his decision-making.

Personally, the only thing I have found where he may have made mistakes is his reluctance to use time outs when his defenders were dog tired and could have used a rest. Other than that, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad