WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
You are too forgiving. I don't think he will ever be called a clean player. Torres is in trouble and for good reason.

Well, I don't expect fans to see Torres as a clean player. That's just not going to happen. In any case, it's in the hands of Shanny, so, whatever the outcome, we'll just have to accept and move on.

I guess this also means Torres won't be a king since he probably won't be welcome in our locker room.

lak4ever

Nov 21, 2008
Valley Girl
This is the main board:

Sharks: Penner's hit is equal to or much worse than Torres hit
Kings: Can we see any evidence of the hit?
Sharks: *silence*
Sharks: Torres hit is nothing, you guys should see the Penner hit!

This.

I swear I asked like 3 times and nothing.

bobafettish*

kings are getting the short end on scheduling. seems they dont get a 2 day break in a while.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Well, I don't expect fans to see Torres as a clean player. That's just not going to happen. In any case, it's in the hands of Shanny, so, whatever the outcome, we'll just have to accept and move on.

I guess this also means Torres won't be a king since he probably won't be welcome in our locker room.

what i find funny is that not even Coyotes fans defended him after his hit on Hossa. now that hes been on the Sharks, its like they think hes served enough time there to be free of scrutiny. it ****ing blows my mind

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

Regarding stolls health he looked pretty bad, as soon as torres hit him he didn't even retaliate her tried to hold torres while getting up for balance. I think it's big . he just got off ASAP.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Where can I get the stat of zone time? Me thinks SJ doubled up on us in that, which is unacceptable, but I just want to see if I'm far off.

Ron*

Jill Painter: Sharks' Raffi Torres deserves lengthy suspension for hit on Kings' Jarr

She makes some good points:

The Sharks, from coach Todd McLellan on down, are not the least bit apologetic.

"We kind of question the call of the charging penalty, so we were kind of shocked to hear that he has to fly to New York for the hearing," Sharks player Joe Thornton told the San Jose Mercury News. "We didn't see anything wrong on the play."

This from Thornton, who had his shoulder separated by a Torres hit two years ago.

Torres is now one of them, so he's good?

The Sharks aren't operating in reality. They just acquired Torres in April, so they're not tired of defending his tired act yet.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_...-raffi-torres-deserves-lengthy-suspension-hit

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
Someone PUH-LEEEASE tell me when the hearing is and when can we expect a verdict? Before the game? I know Torres is out for tonight.

Captain Mittens*

Started at 9:00 this morning, pacific time.

It was like 3 or 4 hours before we got the decision on Brown, right?

Edit, I did a search and my homegirl Cruel11 broke the news from a tweet at 12:23 PM

We should probably expect the news to break between 12-2 pac time

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
Poor poor Torres. 400+ hits in the first series and yet, no head injuries. But then such an incredible coincidence, Torres with an another head bang. What are the odds, right. So many other players on that roster, but somehow, it's Torres. Someone should Photoshop his head on this picture:

tumblr_m7mdoz9trM1rc37zoo1_500.jpg

Poor guy.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Where can I get the stat of zone time? Me thinks SJ doubled up on us in that, which is unacceptable, but I just want to see if I'm far off.

doubled up in time? I would guess 55/45 at the most. The Kings had plenty of time in the zone.

And I think the sharks number would be inflated due to being down 2-0 at the end of the game.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
doubled up in time? I would guess 55/45 at the most. The Kings had plenty of time in the zone.

And I think the sharks number would be inflated due to being down 2-0 at the end of the game.

I was at the game...but then I watched the replay last night (only the 1st period) and it seemed like SJ had way more zone time than how it felt when I was watching live. So because of that, I was curious what those stats were.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

Anyone looking for those stats can find them on NHL.com. Look at puck possession time and time in offencive zone. They are right there and I can tell you that it is much closer to being 50/50 than SJ doubling up on us.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00