GDT: WCSF GAME. SEVEN. | Canucks @ Knights | 6:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Well great run guys, but we ran out of gas after game 4. Should have been over in 5 lets be realistic but we had a hot goalie. Really the better team won as much as i hate to say it

We lost this series when we had that 3rd period breakdown in game 4. However, we could have won it if we could win a race to a chip-in or had more than one defenseman that could keep the puck in the zone.

RainbowDeathBunny

Apr 27, 2007
No time outs taken before key power plays, holding on to the puck too long or looking for the perfect pass through Vegas sticks rather than putting it on net...brutal game. The team deserved to lose with that pathetic effort. Hard to win when you only mount 13 shots on net. I don't care how many attempts there were; too many botched opportunities to simply put the puck on net and go for a rebound.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Shockingly, the ‘get outshot by a 3:1 margin and hope your goalie posts a .980 save %’ strategy didn’t prove sustainable in the longer run.

Hopefully the young core learns something from watching this Vegas team for 7 games and can grow going forward. I have less confidence that management will learn anything.

If this was at all a strategy, Green needs to be taken to task. It’s inexcusable. Turtling is not a winning strategy, on balance. You have to be the 90s Devils to pull something like this off.

Reporters need to ask him.

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
If I'm the GM or owner there's no way I bring Green back as coach next season. And Newell Brown should be fired before they can get back to the dressing room.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Sometimes you just gotta laugh it off. Such a dumb move to pull Thatcher Demko when you're getting outshot so badly.

I take comfort in that everyone except for Demko will regret how they played/coached today.

Also provided insight on who to keep around, and who should be made available or let walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad