GDT: WCSF GAME. SEVEN. | Canucks @ Knights | 6:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
GAME. SEVEN.

image_6.jpeg
Greatest save and greatest goal in Canucks history in the same game.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Our forwards and defense will have to step up tonight as I don't think Demko can physically keep up his current level of play on a back to back. Winning this is going to require a full team effort, blocking shots, etc.

Oh and it'd be dope if the PP decided to show up for once.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I believe we will win. I'm sensing alot of frustration from Vegas.

If we lose, I will still be proud and satisfied with this season. Great sport to be in. So much better than being the favourite and blowing it (as per our history).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two of the greatest goaltending performances in consecutive elimination games in team history. I said before game #6 that if Demko faced another 40-plus shot night, the Canucks probably weren't winning. But a 48-save goose-egg? Are you kidding me? The guy looked exhausted near the end of last night's game. What'll he have left in the tank for tonight?

This has to be one of the most lop-sided seven game series in recent playoff history. By whatever analytical or statistical yardstick you use, the Canucks should be buried by now. But here they are with a 'winner-take-all' game #7.

Canucks have to break through with some pp goals in game #7....because they're getting dominated five-on-five right now. But in a one-game playoff, who knows what will happen?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sportsnet Stats
@SNstats

·
11h
#Canucks
Thatcher Demko is the first rookie goalie to win each his first 2 career NHL playoff starts when his team was facing elimination since Jacques Plante in 1953.

For those who don’t recall 1953 that clearly:
1. Dwight Eisenhower was the US President.
2. The Robe and From Here to Eternity were the top grossing films.
3. Top 3 songs:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Vegas, atleast for me, has gone from a great story and likeable team (probably because of Fleury), to a team I really don’t like.

Starting with the head coach, just not a likeable bunch.

So it would be f***ing amazing if the Nucks somehow pulled this series out.

Vegas to me is like the 2011 Canucks. An absolutely arrogant cast of players that you hate. They can backup their bullshit with their skill and puck possession though which sucks. Many other team fans are catching on and rooting against them.

Hoping we win. I understand Vegas is a superior team and has a chip on their shoulder. They must feel immense pressure to get the job done after blowing another 3-1 series lead.

Maybe we get a team that is defeated and capitalize on it?

Or we get a team that is focused and determined to get it done?

How much do the Canucks have left in the tank?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Alright time for everyone’s pre-game day ritual.
Whatever worked for the last two games, take one for the team and do your due diligence.

Lets f***ing go.

okok sorry everyone. let the kiddo stay up way past his bedtime and watch last night. the other time we did that was st louis, game six.

but even with the earlier start today i don’t think i can let him watch that 2.5 hours of tv right before bed two nights in a row....

i’ll entertain arguments now....

Last edited:

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton
Am I the only guy thinking they need to start Domingue?! Demko looked spent in the third last night. I'd be for putting in any fresh legs I could, even Louie friggen Ericksen..

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Sportsnet Stats
@SNstats

·
11h
#Canucks
Thatcher Demko is the first rookie goalie to win each his first 2 career NHL playoff starts when his team was facing elimination since Jacques Plante in 1953.

For those who don’t recall 1953 that clearly:
1. Dwight Eisenhower was the US President.
2. The Robe and From Here to Eternity were the top grossing films.
3. Top 3 songs:

i mean jacques plante died nine years before demko was even born

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad