GDT: WCSF GAME. SEVEN. | Canucks @ Knights | 6:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Also, what's with the dumb**** scheduling that's having the Canucks play 2 back-to-backs in this series? Wtf?

Wait until you find out that Game 1 of the WCF is on Sunday.

Whoever wins Game 7 will play Game 1 having played 6 playoff games in 9 nights.

The scheduling is not just comical anymore, it's actually reckless and irresponsible.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Wait until you find out that Game 1 of the WCF is on Sunday.

Whoever wins Game 7 will play Game 1 having played 6 playoff games in 8 nights.

The scheduling is not just comical anymore, it's actually reckless and irresponsible.

All the teams are in roughly the same boat. The idea is that no travel requirements allows them to play the series faster.

Weird that all series were up 3 - 1, and only one has been closed out. We could have three 3 - 1 comebacks in one round. insane.

My take - colorado clear favorites, ours and PHA vs NYI are tossups.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
7D41F5DE-6FC9-47EB-9FFA-FAECD71D85CC.jpeg

1992 vs. Winnipeg
7896BC37-A46E-4C75-98C3-FA06865D0800.jpeg

1994 vs. Calgary

B2BEE31B-68E6-4160-A512-47EEAA4B3AF8.jpeg

2003 vs. St. Louis

Let’s f***ing go, boys. Let’s add 2020 vs. Vegas to this list!

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Listening to 650 post game last night, and they’re talking about Demko’s performance versus other Canucks goalies all time.

Hansen talks about Luongo in 2007, how he stood on his head every night, and how he gave his team confidence.

Jovo - “I’ve got no comment on goaltending” . Burn on Cloutier.

Cloutier singlehandedly cost them the series against the ‘02 Red Wings, the team with 10 Hall of Famers on it, who went on to win the Cup.

Canucks were up 2-0 in the series headed back home, all the momentum was on their side, they had finished the regular season on an insane tear, whereas the Wings were slumping.

And then the Lidstrom goal changed everything.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Such a big game.
Even Truman Show Leaf fans might tune in (to something different, like they have a choice)

One thing truly has been exposed....a lousy Vegas defence.

Go Canucks!!!

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Watching the highlights again - it’s amazing that despite the shot disparity, how many high quality chances the Canucks had. Breakaways for Myers and Virtanen, a two on one for Horvat and Pearson, a hybrid two on one for Motte and Edler, and some high danger chances resulting from jam plays around the net.

The Canucks certainly generate chances, even if they don’t always get the shots.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Watching the highlights again - it’s amazing that despite the shot disparity, how many high quality chances the Canucks had. Breakaways for Myers and Virtanen, a two on one for Horvat and Pearson, a hybrid two on one for Motte and Edler, and some high danger chances resulting from jam plays around the net.

The Canucks certainly generate chances, even if they don’t always get the shots.
Vegas would actually have done better by playing the game like a 3v3 - if they don't score off the rush, take the puck back down to their end and start another rush.

But hockey minds are generally just too entrenched.

Anyway, tonight will be different. With Demko facing 91 shots on the past few days, b2b, 3rd in 4 nights, I am telling you the odds are that the floodgates open if Vegas just keep generating 40+ shots.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Vegas, atleast for me, has gone from a great story and likeable team (probably because of Fleury), to a team I really don’t like.

Starting with the head coach, just not a likeable bunch.

So it would be f***ing amazing if the Nucks somehow pulled this series out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad