WCSF Game 7: Avalanche @ Sharks | 6:00 PM PST | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
He just admited it was his own fault, I'll take his word.
You don’t actually think Landeskog, after being eliminated in a game 7, is wasting his time staring at pixels on an iPad to determine if he was offside or not, do you?!?

He’s relying on the refs decision.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If we're gonna use the "if" then IF Landeskog and Rantanen (both rushed to play IMO) were healthy maybe it would've gone to 7 games or Avs would've won. Losing Calvert also hurt the team.
thats a pretty poor argument because they were on the ice, Pavelski wasnt for a while. What, San Jose didnt have guys playing injured too?

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
If its any consolation, the corsi tracker had the avs surging so much in the 3rd they actually caught and passed SJ in the final seconds. SJ did NOTHING in the 3rd.

full

Reactions: CrypTic

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
In any case... if they had too many men that wasn’t called... doesn’t it sort of even out? I mean, were they really jobbed ultimately ?

IF that wasn’t offside.

They lost fair and square. And the Avs got multiple HUGE breaks from the refs late in game 6.
The sharks got screwed game 6 of round one, after 1mil obvious calls, including much obstruction, were ignored... then suddenly they’re calling a weak slash in OT2. Did the sharks collapse? They scored a shorty.

Props to the Avs, I agree they handled the situation far, FAR better than Vegas did. The Avs easily could have tied it still.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Has it been like that the entire time because the way they've always called it is that both skates have to contact the blue line for linesmen to call it clear for tag-up. And if that's the case, all the players that do the tag up take poor paths to clear the zone in such instances because if it's just one skate that has to clear they don't have to skate as high as practically all of them do.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2017-2018-NHL-rulebook.pdf

It's been like that since at least 2017. I wasn't aware of it either.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It was the NHLs decision.

They have better cameras than we will ever see.
This, and presumable the ability to use both or multiple cameras on multiple better screens at the same time, synced up time-wise

GoGoSharks

Nov 5, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Refs fix Game 7 vs VGK
"they won't do it again"
Refs fix Game 7 vs COL
"they won't do it again"
I'll take those odds buddy....... because I bet they will

Indeed refs also can see the future which makes them extra sneaky. They knew a SJ team that scores a PP goal every ~9 minutes of PP time would score not just 1 or 2 or 3 but 4 in 5 min. Which is why they gave Vegas the 3-0 lead despite the easy opportunity to call that high stick goal no goal, leaving the game 2-0.

A 5 min major is actually less of a gift than a goal decision going your way vs against you on average, 1 goals vs a large fraction of one, but that’s where seeing the future comes in handy.

Bloody clever.

Anyways the commissioner and the board and the executives are all on a conference call right now, with all the refs, telling them how to officiate. Just like every year. Gotta hand it to the refs that they’ve maintained a 100+ person conspiracy for decades with no leaks. They’re almost as good as those government false flag actors.

Bloody clever.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It was the NHLs decision.

They have better cameras than we will ever see.
You would think in 2019, the NHL would figure out a way to be able to show the public these superb camera shots.

If they want less controversy, they would show these miraculous camera shots you keep speaking about, but that no one gets to see.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They've always had better cameras, they don't use the **** NBC/SN uses.

They have multiple cameras in sync like another poster said
I mean, multiple cameras in sync isn't that impressive. NBC could do that. Do they actually have better angles/cameras or are you just saying that? Some support would be nice

LaCarriere

In any case... if they had too many men that wasn’t called... doesn’t it sort of even out? I mean, were they really jobbed ultimately ?

IF that wasn’t offside.

They lost fair and square. And the Avs got multiple HUGE breaks from the refs late in game 6.
The sharks got screwed game 6 of round one, after 1mil obvious calls, including much obstruction, were ignored... then suddenly they’re calling a weak slash in OT2. Did the sharks collapse? They scored a shorty.

Props to the Avs, I agree they handled the situation far, FAR better than Vegas did. The Avs easily could have tied it still.

There's probably 20 line changes a game where there's 6 guys on the ice if you kept a camera on both benches and watched in slow Mo all night long.

I mean, it's generally only called when they are ridicoulsly bad changes, the guy coming off is 20 feet from the bench type thing, or directly involved in the play.

Landy struggling to get the door open really had no affect there at all.

This is a funny read...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...penalty/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a967b7a1e192

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That dude's been complaining at every GDT since the Vegas series about the refs.

He asks for ****, we give it to him, but he just chucks it out the door and continues his nonsense.
The problem is that you haven't given anything. You're saying the NHL saying the NHL is right proves that the NHL is right. The question we're trying to decide is whether the NHL is right. You're saying the NHL has better cameras, without even providing proof of that, or of a still/video from those cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad