WCSF Game 7: Avalanche @ Sharks | 6:00 PM PST | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Doesn't the NHL normally release an explanation when they overturn goals? Still nothing from the league?

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I think it's hilarious that everybody's all "sharks don't deserve to be in the Conference Finals"... "refs helped the Sharks win"... I think it's BS that now the sharks are in the Conference Finals and everybody wants to take shots and put an asterisk on it. All year long the sharks have been getting shocked by the refs in different games in different situations, it happens. Its not some conspiracy. It happens it every sport, every year, doesnt make it right, it happens. That no goal looked offside, they reviewed it. Colorado's going to be good for a long time really strong talented skilled young team. Congrats on a hard fought season and series.
Why does everyone keep saying that? Yes we know the avs will be good for years to come. That does not take away from "looking" offsides does not = offsides

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Can you post that rule just for my own clarification? If so then I can understand hating the reversal given the video.

Formatting gets all weird when I post it, but it's from here and section 83.3

Hockeycentral | NHL | NHL Rule 83

If an off-side call is delayed, the Linesman shall drop his arm to nullify the off-side violation and allow play to continue if:
(i) All players of the offending team clear the zone at the same instant (skate contact with the blue line) permitting the attacking players to re-enter the attacking zone, or
(ii) The defending team passes or carries the puck into the neutral zone.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I have a hard time believing the refs are not 100% sure on an overturned game 7 goal that they got to review

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Landeskog was a MAN and took blame for that goal, he knows it was his own fault.

Yet people here are making excuses for him.
Even if it was a bad call, he put himself in that situation where the call would go 50/50 at best. Just a stupid lazy play on his part.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks play differently vs Canes and Avs. It's a big brother sort of thing that would take forever to explain haha

The Sharks tend to play a game that reflects what they get from the opposing team. If another team is throwing their weight around, they'll respond in kind. If not, they tend to not initiate that stuff.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah but it's the same every year. Those LA teams that won the cup we're good but dear god did they take advantage of the whistles going away.

It's not really surprising at this point but still drives me every year and it only gets worse as the playoffs get deeper
Yah. San Jose outplayed us for long stretches tonight, but to see that goal called back, and MacKinnon being tripped on the breakaway, just leaves me pissed.

The Avs had a great season, and have an amazing future.

They pick 4th and 16th. Have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Makar is legit as hell, and we just dusted the top team in the West, and took SJ to 7.

We had a 48 point season 2 years ago.

The future is extremely promising.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean if that’s how you see it, but it’s still very clear that his left foot isn’t on it while his right skate is either right next to it or a just a nad on the right side.

It’s still not a robbery and the refs weren’t in the wrong. Complaining about it is just desperation at this point.
I think you have his feet backwards

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Landeskog was a MAN and took blame for that goal, he knows it was his own fault.

Yet people here are making excuses for him.
Landeskog is what, 26 yrs old or something?

Average age here is probably 14-15 years old judging by the majority of posts. Not fair to compare maturity levels of the two age groups.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Never thought I'd come out of a playoff series liking an opposing organization more but here we are. GG Avs fans.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Yah. San Jose outplayed us for long stretches tonight, but to see that goal called back, and MacKinnon being tripped on the breakaway, just leaves me pissed.

The Avs had a great season, and have an amazing future.

They pick 4th and 16th. Have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Makar is legit as hell, and we just dusted the top team in the West, and took SJ to 7.

We had a 48 point season 2 years ago.

The future is extremely promising.
yeah you guys are going to crush...just need a tad more depth scoring which you can easily get with those draft picks. Those clutch ELC's can win a cup

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I have a hard time believing the refs are not 100% sure on an overturned game 7 goal that they got to review
And if they have a better/higher res angle than we do, they might be. But so far I haven't seen anything remotely convincing that his skate wasn't touching the blue line, and what I have seen thus far is convincing that his skate in fact IS touching the blue line

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Formatting gets all weird when I post it, but it's from here and section 83.3

Hockeycentral | NHL | NHL Rule 83

If an off-side call is delayed, the Linesman shall drop his arm to nullify the off-side violation and allow play to continue if:
(i) All players of the offending team clear the zone at the same instant (skate contact with the blue line) permitting the attacking players to re-enter the attacking zone, or
(ii) The defending team passes or carries the puck into the neutral zone.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Has it been like that the entire time because the way they've always called it is that both skates have to contact the blue line for linesmen to call it clear for tag-up. And if that's the case, all the players that do the tag up take poor paths to clear the zone in such instances because if it's just one skate that has to clear they don't have to skate as high as practically all of them do.

G50

May 21, 2011
Near the Wolves, IL
Calls like that are exactly why i wish hockey offsides was more straightforward, some things i still don't understand about it.

Even soccer is as simple as it gets in comparison lol

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Has it been like that the entire time because the way they've always called it is that both skates have to contact the blue line for linesmen to call it clear for tag-up. And if that's the case, all the players that do the tag up take poor paths to clear the zone in such instances because if it's just one skate that has to clear they don't have to skate as high as practically all of them do.

Yeah, I think it has been. A lot of guys do do the full sweep outside the zone, but you also sometimes see guys who are fully in the zone before the puck enters quickly try to sweep one leg back onto the blue line before the puck is brought back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad