WCSF Game 7: Avalanche @ Sharks | 6:00 PM PST | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
What do you mean didn't happen? Would be 3-3 going to OT. Not to mention the momentum shift from tying the goal.
Meant to say wouldn't. When the sharks felt the need to push there wasn't much the Avs could do. They turtled because they felt they could.

But shit its salty in here. As if game 6 wasn't a going show by the refs. Give me a break.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Yes? it's a bunch of screens. That doesn't mean they have better angles or better cameras

They've done it before on other broadcasts.
Idk enough about either.

Ultimately it’s not nearly as important as people are making it. Every single team gets screwed some games. The Sharks have hardly escaped getting f***ed, but they overcome it. That’s what people have said to sharks fans numerous times over the years, and it’s true lol

Vegas got screwed? Out of 5 minutes sure, but the refs didn’t score a record # of goals. The Canes had a bad 5 min, and unlike the Knights they had already been losing yet they allowed 0 goals.

The refs called a bullshit penalty on the Sharks in OT2 game 6 of the first round, and the sharks came back and scored a shorty.

The Sharks arguably could have had this game 6 if the Refs hadn’t ignored multiple hugely noticeable, impactful penalties late in the game to the Avs favor. Shit happens, the Avs had more than enough opportunities to tie this game back up, the Sharks sat back and Jones is hardly an all star

Reactions: goflyakite

LaCarriere

That was NBC 's cameras

he's saying the NHL actually has their own cameras at each line, but they don't ever show it publicly

Which is utterly ridiculous. If they have the angles, show them. Why is it some closely guarded secret?

The more likely explanation is they are probably using tv angles, and reviewing them as quick as possible to not cause long delays.

I literally was thinking you might as well flip a coin on this call, and I wasn't all that shocked. The tv angles were questionable at best, I saw no reason why the call on the ice should have been reversed.

Logically, this is exactly what the rule should have never been implemented to review. It was a kneejerk rule due to that ridiculous Duchene offside where he was offside by a mile and scored all alone on a breakaway. Landy did nothing to change the outcome of that play.

This is basically the skate in the crease rule of the modern NHL.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If he still facing the bench his left foot is next to the blue line while his right is in the zone right?
Yeah, and it looks like his left foot is on the blue line. Right foot there's no question is offside were he to be on one foot
I'd say with better reffing it doesn't go past 6.
That could be true. I haven't been watching this series closely.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Terrible way to lose a game on an overrule like that. Sure, the game changes if the goal counts - maybe the Sharks don’t turtle the entire 3rd period, maybe they beat us in regulation or OT, but wish it wasn’t on this controversial rule. Landeskog should have hustled off though, so we never should have had to debate it.

Anyways, pretty good series. Sharks play a clean game which was nice, and have a lot of great players. Pavelski is always an Avs killer so we were lucky that he missed most of the series.

Landeskog and Rantanen look pretty banged up right now, so even if we won tonight I can’t imagine the Avs would have been able to go much further.

Best of luck to the Sharks going forward.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
just back from the game, avs are a great team and will only get better in the coming years. great series, felt like it was balanced on a knife's edge the whole time.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I still think he was offsides and didn’t tag up. And I still hate offsides challenges. Especially when it’s an offsides followed by 45 seconds of zone time that then results in a goal.

Need to re evaluate the offsides challenge. Always sucked and still does.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Shame there’s so much bitching about the offside call. It happened. But at the end of the day it wasn’t meant to be.

Maybe if we’d been better in the regular season we’d have just played that game at Pepsi Center and then we would have gotten the 50/50 calls that went the Sharks way.

Sharks lowkey won this game in the regular season by getting home ice imo. So for those thinking the regular season doesn’t matter anymore. It’s in the close series’ that it does. Home team is pulling out almost all the game 7 nail biters. Except Canes v Caps.

Reactions: Phu and mooncalf

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Shame there’s so much *****ing about the offside call. It happened. But at the end of the day it wasn’t meant to be.

Maybe if we’d been better in the regular season we’d have just played that game at Pepsi Center and then we would have gotten the 50/50 calls that went the Sharks way.

Sharks lowkey won this game in the regular season by getting home ice imo. So for those thinking the regular season doesn’t matter anymore. It’s in the close series’ that it does. Home team is pulling out almost all the game 7 nail biters. Except Canes v Caps.

Home ice makes a difference, health makes a difference (Pavs coming back). Maybe if we could convert on some of our PPs we could have put this series away in Denver. Same goes for the Sharks though. If everything comes down to one call, it just means things were close - yes that call might have made a difference but so could 1000s of other bounces that went a different way over the course of a season or a series. Can’t lose sleep over it. Hope we’ll be back at this stage next year.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Salty as all hell in here lol.

I thought they'd call it a good goal, but there was no telling where he was as the puck crossed. So i thought they'd keep it a good goal.

But lets not forget that still just ties it up. You'd still have to score another...which didn't happen
Pretty sure Jost scored another...

Reactions: MacBradley

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
thanks for the challenge Avs. that was a fantastic performance by a team that on paper should have been blown away by both the flames and the sharks.

LaCarriere

Shame there’s so much *****ing about the offside call. It happened. But at the end of the day it wasn’t meant to be.

Games like this is why I can no longer watch an 82 game regular season. Either there's so many missed calls in every game (let em play in the playoffs), or they arbitrarily decide to call everything at points throughout the season. It's just a constant flipflop from one end of the spectrum to the other.

And then theres the obvious, arbitrary "make up calls". It's to the point where there's controversial calls daily.

Refs/linesmen probably have the toughest job of any official in sports, other than maybe a home plate umpire calling balls and strikes, but I dont think blanketing the game with reviews is the way to go.

Baseball for years refused to get involved with instant replays, and I can see why.

Sometimes you just need to use some common sense, and there's really no common sense with reviewing this type of play. Refs let close too many men calls go all the time as long as the guy coming on or off doesn't get involved in the play, but we are going to review a guy who is not involved in the play, clearly trying to get off the ice and is literally trying to open the bench door for being offside? It makes zero logical sense.

Reactions: MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad