GDT: WCSF Game #7 ★ Dallas Stars vs Colorado Avalanche, 3:00 PM CT ★ MAJOR CLENCH TIME ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
Another fun Kiviranta-story from Finland:

After the second Kivi goal the same Finnish announcer as in the video linked here called Kiviranta "Joel f***ing Kiviranta". Probably referencing the balls of the kid for somehow dominating in a game 7 with pretty much no experience. That nickname has somewhat stuck in Finnish online hockey communitites. So yeah, he's known as JFK now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way i was way more nervous before Game 5 and Game 6 than i was before Game 7 or even during the game. I was too convinced the Stars would lose until probably when they instantly tied the game 10 seconds after falling behind 3:4 .

That one seemed like a gut punch for the Avs.

Reactions: DieselPig

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Another fun Kiviranta-story from Finland:

After the second Kivi goal the same Finnish announcer as in the video linked here called Kiviranta "Joel f***ing Kiviranta". Probably referencing the balls of the kid for somehow dominating in a game 7 with pretty much no experience. That nickname has somewhat stuck in Finnish online hockey communitites. So yeah, he's known as JFK now.

Was this broadcast live in Finland? Are announcers allowed to swear live on air like that? Lmao

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
Was this broadcast live in Finland? Are announcers allowed to swear live on air like that? Lmao
Yeah it was live! NHL games are broadcast on Viasat which isn't one of the more traditional networks. I don't think they are that concerned about swearing especially when it's not in Finnish but in English instead. The channel is behind a paywall so the only ones watching are actual hockey fans who don't mind if the announcer swears and shows emotion when something insane like that happens. The broadcasting style overall is also a lot more casual compared to American broadcasts.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I give him a hard time in the heat of the moment, but he will for sure go down as one of my all time favorite Dallas Stars. His passion for the game makes/made him so much fun to watch.

Not to mention he has scored some massive goals for us this year. Hat trick vs Minny to turn the season around, Winter Classic game winner, 2 goals in game 7, OT winner vs Calgary, etc. Also setup the Klingberg winner vs Nashville last season. Will go down as one of my favorites as well, which is why I bought his game used Winter Classic helmet earlier this season :)

Just wish he could stay out of the f***ing penalty box

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Rads is so polarizing all the way around even if you're a fan of this team. He does so much stupid shit, but it's electric when he scores and he does seem like a true gamer and quality teammate. Not one of my favs per se, but I love what he brings.... most of the time.

Reactions: Henderson33

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front

It is completely ok to swear in Finnish TV, even on state-funded channels. Usually announcers and reporters themselves avoid it because it's considered "not professional" etc but it's not a rule and nobody actually cares.

If there was a rule to beep out swear words from Finnish TV shows & movies it would result in beeping out like 30% of the dialogue. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad