WCSF - Game 6 - Oilers vs. Knights | 5.14.23 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well you can see it like that or you can see it like this:
Almost everyone on Oilers team had peak seasons and it still wasn't enough for a conference finals.
If Skinner played like regular season Skinner, this series probably ends tonight with an Edmonton win in 6.

He absolutely blew all playoffs long. He let in three bad goals just in this game alone. All he had to do was play better tonight and stop a couple of those bad goals and this might be heading back to Vegas for a game 7. And that’s even after all the clunkers.

It’s not like he was only bad this round. He was bad last round too, but Edmonton were just that much better than LA.

I’m still confident McDavid wins the cup before he turns 30. That’s three more tries.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
The shots were like 41-21...Vegas didn't have the puck the entire 3rd period. EDM had a million chances. As a neutral fan this is a dumb statement.
Vegas had a two goal lead and sitting back making it look like Oilers dominated. It’s true that the Oilers are a 2 player team. How were they 5 vs 5? Exactly that power play saved there butt or it’s a sweep.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The handshake line respect was pretty evident, I guess you guys took that from Toronto this year. But they actually regressed and won less games in the post season
Goaltending regressed for sure... Rest of team is better.
As for respect... Maybe the Oilers should have shown Pietrangelo what Canucks Bertuzzi showed to Moore after his actions against nucks

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't.

You said all the Oilers needed was a good goalie.

Vegas didn't need a good goalie. They had a back up in almost the entire series. So clearly the Oilers need a little more than just a good goalie.

They need to play a style of hockey that is suited for the playoffs. But they won't change. Why?
I don’t even know if the Oilers need a goalie, they just needed Skinner to play like we know he’s capable of playing. Like he’s played in the regular season since he entered the league.

That’s not a Conn Smythe caliber goalie, but it’s a goalie that won’t cost you a round and a goalie you can win the cup with if they’re firing on all cylinders.

Adin Hill isn’t a great goalie, but f*** if he didn’t outplay Skinner.

I’m not convinced Hill is an overall better goalie than Skinner, but he sure as hell was in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad