WCSF - Game 6 - Oilers vs. Knights | 5.14.23 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Congrats to Vegas. Disappointing ending for McDavid and the Oilers.

Management needs to keep improving this team. It stings right now to wait another year for McDavid to banish the nonsense, no doubt.

Again, congrats to Vegas. It’s going to be an interesting series, especially if they match up with Seattle.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Suffocating defense from Vegas. Horrific goaltending from Edmonton. Just absolutely horrific. Terrible coaching decision
Not sure what you were watching... It wasn't suffocating at all . Oilers attacked hard and got plenty of quality chances . Vegas defended well but we're much better than suffocating LA Kings who trapped even when down a goal

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
McDavid 8 years in the NHL, no cups.
Feel for the dude.

Oilers have tanked so many times to get the best player from a draft, yet they have not even once gotten themselves to the finals.

Last time when they did, sure it was a special circumstances and all, but the team was built so much differently, yes yes different era but still.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Congrats Vegas, put on a defensive clinic in the 3rd.

Edmonton needs a retool badly, can't expect McDrai to outscore the other issues on the team. That was the Avs probably for quite awhile. The Oilers need a better goalie and defense.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
This was the first year I really thought they were a legit cup threat.

I didn’t really consider the Oilers a cup threat any year before this.
Well you can see it like that or you can see it like this:
Almost everyone on Oilers team had peak seasons and it still wasn't enough for a conference finals.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
We're really about to see a Seattle - Vegas Conference final.

I dont know if I should be laughing at the west or the NHL for having 2 expansion teams be the best in the conference.

Reactions: Vilam

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Tick tock.
I know I aggrevated some Oilers fans last year, but what I said holds true now more than ever.
Draisaitl's days in Edmonton are winding down.
Before you say well, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Tampa were able to keep their superstar duos, the Oilers will do the same.
The difference is that the three teams above actually won something. When you keep losing - change is imminent.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Alexei Yashvalev

Nov 15, 2006
Victoria B.C.
Nurse and Campbell contracts killed the Oilers. Still a D, F and G short.

I don't know if you could blame the Oilers for the Campbell contract. Dude had seemed reasonably competent for a few years before crashing from .914 to .888 when he joined the Oilers.

It's not like the Matt Murray trade the leafs made where everyone on the planet knew it was awful when it was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad