Will Carrier - Nicolas Roy - Keegan Kolesar

Alec Martinez - Alex Pietroangelo
Brayden McNabb - Shea Theodore
Nicolas Hague - Zach Whitecloud

Adin Hill

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE

• RNH and Kane flip lines at practice.

• Tonight, Tuesday, or more likely sometime next regular season, Pietroangelo is leaving with a face only his mother can love.

• Just win.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Yamamoto back at 2nd line? Could maybe Janmark tale that spot instead?

Kostin and Bjugstad low in the lienup, resigning isnt a sure thing on Bjugstad I presume. And good thing is that Kostin will come cheap offseason..

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't understand If the NHL is trying to grow the game why wouldn't they want this game to be on earlier in the day so more people have the opportunity to watch the best players in the game play.
7pm is the perfect time to showcase Eichel for Vegas fans

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
You think they are going to buy him out?
This is a clear statement that Skinner is their guy. They don’t want to send any other message or conflict the situation going into next season.

Not necessairly, they can also trade Soup. Of course, they would have to sweeten the deal with a pick or picks.

Oilers mgt. has no other choice, McDrai grow impatient if success continues to elude them in the postseason… they need a bit of space to resign Bouch and probably get a right handed defensman and RW. Just to offload Kulak, Yamer and/or Foegele is not enough.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
This is a clear statement that Skinner is their guy. They don’t want to send any other message or conflict the situation going into next season.

Not necessairly, they can also trade Soup. Of course, they would have to sweeten the deal with a pick or picks.

Oilers mgt. has no other choice, McDrai grow impatient if success continues to elude them in the postseason… they need a bit of space to resign Bouch and probably get a right handed defensman and RW. Just to offload Kulak, Yamer and/or Foegele is not enough.
I definitely agree that it's a clear statement.

I just don't know what they're going to do with Campbell and his contract. Another buyout?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I don't understand If the NHL is trying to grow the game why wouldn't they want this game to be on earlier in the day so more people have the opportunity to watch the best players in the game play.

It wasn’t their choice. It was either put it on in the afternoon (2pm Edmonton time) against Celtics-Sixers or wait until 10 pm eastern. ESPN doesn’t have a 7pm eastern time slot on Sundays on ESPN because of Sunday Night Baseball. The NHL signed the deal knowing they wouldn’t have scheduling flexibility on Sundays in the playoffs.

A reason why some on here said be careful what you wish for with the return to ESPN.

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023

I just don't know what they're going to do with Campbell and his contract. Another buyout?
As I said, they can also trade him by giving picks away.

I don‘t like it but this team is very close to contending. So picks have less value to them right now.

They will assess the tradeoff betw. trade with giving picks vs buyout in the offseason and go with what they think hurts them less…

The Oilers have the 2 best players in their prime, they cannot waste anymore years…

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

I think at best, you hope that Soup has a good offseason and can bounce back to some degree next year. Expecting a bonafide number #1 starter is delusional at this point but if he can at least be a serviceable back-up playing 30-35 games and not getting caved in like he did this regular season, you probably deal with it. Anything less and after next season he becomes a serious buy out candidate.

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
I think at best, you hope that Soup has a good offseason and can bounce back to some degree next year. Expecting a bonafide number #1 starter is delusional at this point but if he can at least be a serviceable back-up playing 30-35 games and not getting caved in like he did this regular season, you probably deal with it. Anything less and after next season he becomes a serious buy out candidate.
If they would bring him back, they would start him now. This is not going to happen.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
If they would bring him back, they would start him now. This is not going to happen.
The Oilers won’t bail on him after 1 season. IMO, it’s almost guaranteed Soup is back next season. Buying out this early seems wrong and I highly doubt any team in the league takes him on with what the Oilers would be willing to give up for compensation.

If you do pay the price to move him, you effectively take yourself out of any trade deadline moves.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The dead cap space + money needed to sign another goalie doesn’t make sense. Your savings is limited. You eat that contract and hope he can string together 30-40 games as a 1b. Or you wait a couple more seasons and then buy him out

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
The Oilers won’t bail on him after 1 season. IMO, it’s almost guaranteed Soup is back next season. Buying out this early seems wrong and I highly doubt any team in the league takes him on with what the Oilers would be willing to give up for compensation.

If you do pay the price to move him, you effectively take yourself out of any trade deadline moves.
Trade deadline moves often don‘t pay off… all the teams that made major moves are already out: boston, new jersey, rangers, tampa, etc.

There are certain things you cannot address if you don‘t get rid off the 5m… i.e. resigning Bouch and adressing the right side on offense and defense.

And given that they start again Skinner shows me, that they will not bring Soup back.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Trade deadline moves often don‘t pay off… all the teams that made major moves are already out: boston, new jersey, rangers, tampa, etc.

There are certain things you cannot address if you don‘t get rid off the 5m… i.e. resigning Bouch and adressing the right side on offense and defense.

And given that they start again Skinner shows me, that they will not bring Soup back.
I agree with all of the bolded. Hard decisions are coming up.

In terms of your last statement, I just don’t think they’ll have any choice but to bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad