Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: WCSF Game #5: Nashville @ St. Louis | 7:00 CST | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Jaskin usually always does this. The Blues should keep him as an extra forward and play him in like 10 games next season. Every 8 games put him into the lineup. He seems to perform after sitting.

That said, I'm not going to get excited until the Blues can win game 6. If they do that, then we're talking. But that's going to be a tough game.

HUGE

Need to be perfect. Need to have a functioning PP.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Very underrated post. This is exactly what looked like was happening.

I'm surprised the refs allow teams to get away with that, it seems so easy for them to buy an extra 20 seconds of rest. But I guess I won't complain.

Referee: Now cut that out right now
Sobotka: Meh no speakin the Engliss

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
If you told me we would outscore them on the PP the rest of the way, I'd be very confident.

I thought the refs did a decent job.

Haven't we outscored them at ES?

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

I'm surprised the refs allow teams to get away with that, it seems so easy for them to buy an extra 20 seconds of rest. But I guess I won't complain.

I think the blues have done this every game. Honestly they deserve a penalty at this point. If the Preds were doing that I'd be extremely irritated. In fact I'm irritated that Yeo keeps doing it because it seems like bad sportsmanship. Once is maybe passable but every game is excessive

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

Great win! I agree with the thoughts on Jaskin...he was outstanding.

He out worked their excellent D on the boards and was strong taking it in close. Also great forechecking.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Let's remember Jaskin is only a 4th year NHL player so he still has room to grow his game. Also his only NHL head coach until this season has been Hitch so he could possibly grow into a guy that could flourish under Yeo, maybe I'm over hyping him after this game, maybe not.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Missed the last two periods but damn was i happy to see we won when i checked my phone. Nice to see Jaskin pot one, i heard he had something like 8 shots on goal. Keep him in the lineup for next game. Let's steal game 6 in Nashville.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Solid plan. Can't wait.

To be honest I got the same thing going here, I'm always at work and can't watch when they win. Games I'm home for and can watch they lose, at least in this series. I just relied on ice tracker tonight, will do the same for Game 6 whether I have the channel or not.

Lets Go Blues!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Just need to win 2 more. Come on boys

Sunday's game will be the toughest test so far, Preds in front of their home crowd trying to make franchise history is an extremely tough task. If we can jump out and finally silence their crowd and take out their energy early we'll have a good chance.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
first goal and the PP not being cripples are essential for game 6.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Do we have any idea if Steen will play Sunday? Do we have any other injuries from last night?

Who would you bring up if we had to? I still would like to see Kenny Agostino in our lineup.

Jaskin has got to stay in the lineup. Hope he can repeat as that would help solidify his future with the Blues.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Do we have any idea if Steen will play Sunday? Do we have any other injuries from last night?

Who would you bring up if we had to? I still would like to see Kenny Agostino in our lineup.

Jaskin has got to stay in the lineup. Hope he can repeat as that would help solidify his future with the Blues.

Is Tage a possibility? I know he's doing well for AHL Chicago right now.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Early in the game it seems we focused on some extended forechecking/cycling which seemed to wear down the Nashville D and create opportunities (by causing icing, penalties, etc.)

Late in the game we tried to force more plays at the net off a quick forecheck, where they could have cycled a bit more to let something develop, which essentially created turnovers. Everyone is high on Rinne's SV%, but he gets a lot of weak, off-angle shots, which are essentially a turnover imho.

I'm not a huge fan of the "throw junk at the net" strategy unless you have numbers in front. Fatigue may have played a factor, but imho the early-game forecheck was a lot more effective because they were a little more patient on the forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad