GDT: WCSF Game 5 | Col vs. SJ | 7 PM PST | NBCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
How concerned should we be that in our last 6 periods we have 71 SOG and only 2 goals from one player?
Not very at all IMO. I think overall we tend to play a bit more defensive minded.

You also have to take into account the goals that have been called, and the shots that are an inch away from being good goals.

Tonight specifically, could’ve easily been a 5 goal game.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
The only negative things I gotta say are Kane and Sorensen. Sorensen is a non-factor and Kane is a plain liability right now. Does nothing offensively, isn’t active in the defensive zone, and takes really unnecessary penalties. Being injured would explain a lot but then you have to have a discussion about how this is the second postseason in a row that he’s been injured and useless. Like it or not Kane is injury prone and the playoffs are more intense and more likely to cause injury. It’s a cause for concern now and moving forward.

Anyway, on a positive note, Martin Jones, mother of god. I thought it was hilarious last game how the announcers kept talking about his turnaround, saying how he was more confident and aggressive and coming out of his net when it’s actually the exact opposite. Jones has been staying in his crease, not getting out of position, and squaring to the shooter. He’s been playing more conservatively and he’s so much better for it. We are not worthy.

What is there to say about Tomas Hertl. I got no words.
Except Kane was instrumental on the game winning goal and he's really only taken the one bad penalty tonight since game 4 of the last series. He's not producing like many of us wish he would be liability is not accurate at all. Thru all of this he's made a lot of great defensive plays as well as being one of the main guys who carry the puck into the offensive zone for his line.

Reactions: NiWa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad