GDT: WCSF Game 5 | Col vs. SJ | 7 PM PST | NBCS

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
That said, he probably should be moved down the lineup then because he's dragging the effectiveness of his line down. Not really sure who you move up because no one in our bottom 6 is really good enough, so that's probably the problem.
Sorensen is attached to Jumbo until Jumbo retires so he’s not moving. Haley is the other LW so yeah, not many options. With Donskoi and Hertl being responsible for most zone entries on that line, Kane can contribute fine. Curious to see if they try and slot Pavelski in on his off wing on that line upon his return, but it’s more likely that Donskoi moves down to the 4th line.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Kane looked better today. We don't really have any other option other than maybe Sorenson, but he's invisible right now too. Hopefully, Kane will get going but, I think it's very obvious he's hurt. He's not dangling, he's barely hitting, his shot looks like it's at 15%... he's a shade of himself. But he's not a liability and, again, he looked better today, so maybe he's getting a bit better...

...again, we need to win this thing next game and get a break (if one of the other series forces a 7, that is...)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If we ever see Pavelski again I'd like to see:

8-48-27
28-39-14
9-19-62
20-23-68

Give Hertl something to work with

Give Kane less minutes that are more sheltered

Let Sorenson feast on 4th liners

If Dosnkoi falters, replace him with Kane and swap him to the 4th so Sorenson can rekindle the magic

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Think he believes since he played here that we like him. I’ve noticed the past year or so that he’s been almost overly Sharks homer most of the time but he was so unbearable defending the Meier high stick call tonight as the right call.

Remember when he dressed up in a Vegas jersey and joined their drum castle thing lol

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Kane looked better today. We don't really have any other option other than maybe Sorenson, but he's invisible right now too. Hopefully, Kane will get going but, I think it's very obvious he's hurt. He's not dangling, he's barely hitting, his shot looks like it's at 15%... he's a shade of himself. But he's not a liability and, again, he looked better today, so maybe he's getting a bit better...

...again, we need to win this thing next game and get a break (if one of the other series forces a 7, that is...)
Sorenson has been the guy getting back to cover defensively for that line. He needs to stay with Jumbo. Even had a really nice hip check when covering for a D-man. Kane is just fine in a game like this for the moment. He was actually instrumental in generating the game winning goal and drawing the penalty for the tying goal.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
Gutsy win for the boys tonight!! Playoff Martin f***ing Jones has returned!!! Hertl Beast mode! I’m feeling good this Saturday night

Reactions: Phu

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

8-48-27
28-39-14
9-19-62
20-23-68

If Dosnkoi falters, replace him with Kane and swap him to the 4th so Sorenson can rekindle the magic

I’d be good with this. Sorensen went ham last year on the fourth line

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Vlasic and Jones have been amazing and back to their Cup run form, but I gotta say, Braun has looked really, really good lately. I really noticed him today making constantly good defensive plays.
i dunno, i mean he makes the right play but he's just chunking it.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I saw the team fumbling the puck in the zone vs MacKinnon still which gives me heart palpitations. Just chip it out of the zone. If Mackinnon is eating his shifts in his d and neutral zone then we’re doing it right. Please end it Monday

MardocAgain

Apr 10, 2012

8-48-27
28-39-14
9-19-62
20-23-68

I know this board hates Haley, but I thought he brought the most of the 4th line. Not enough to bump Goodrow, but IMO Melker has been our worst player all playoffs and I appreciate the physicality Haley brings to the whole team

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Man if Pavs is back for game 5 then that should counter the home crowd advantage the Avs would have

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I thought it looked like the shot was off before the arm went up and I'm not sure if that matters.
I really want to know what they were reviewing because nothing about that play should have been reviewable.
I thought the same. I thought you couldn't review for a penalty like that if it didn't affect the goal which this didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad