GDT: WCSF Game 5 | Col vs. SJ | 7 PM PST | NBCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I know this board hates Haley, but I thought he brought the most of the 4th line. Not enough to bump Goodrow, but IMO Melker has been our worst player all playoffs and I appreciate the physicality Haley brings to the whole team
Melker has been far better than Goodrow imo. Goodrow has 1 goal, albeit a GIANT goal, but take that away and Melker has been better. I do agree that Haley has been ok on the 4th line this series though.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I know this board hates Haley, but I thought he brought the most of the 4th line. Not enough to bump Goodrow, but IMO Melker has been our worst player all playoffs and I appreciate the physicality Haley brings to the whole team

The problem is that Haley doesn't bring that physicality consistently enough. If he did, he'd be fine.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
When it comes to defensive deployment, I trust MK68 but not Goodrow or Haley (or Radil or Gambrell).

Say Pavs is back next game and takes Donskoi spot in the top 6. Does donskoi get benched for Haley again? Donskoi played just over 11 minutes tonight. Haley played under 5 minutes and was benched for the third. I can’t justify Haley playing over donskoi when Donskoi was the one playing in the third

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
Say Pavs is back next game and takes Donskoi spot in the top 6. Does donskoi get benched for Haley again? Donskoi played just over 11 minutes tonight. Haley played under 5 minutes and was benched for the third. I can’t justify Haley playing over donskoi when Donskoi was the one playing in the third
Donskoi played great. I’m still worried about game 6 though

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Melker and Goodrow were taking late shifts against MacKinnon with the Avs net empty and didn't get scored on. That's pretty valuable to me.

Reactions: CrazedZooChimp

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The only negative things I gotta say are Kane and Sorensen. Sorensen is a non-factor and Kane is a plain liability right now. Does nothing offensively, isn’t active in the defensive zone, and takes really unnecessary penalties. Being injured would explain a lot but then you have to have a discussion about how this is the second postseason in a row that he’s been injured and useless. Like it or not Kane is injury prone and the playoffs are more intense and more likely to cause injury. It’s a cause for concern now and moving forward.

Anyway, on a positive note, Martin Jones, mother of god. I thought it was hilarious last game how the announcers kept talking about his turnaround, saying how he was more confident and aggressive and coming out of his net when it’s actually the exact opposite. Jones has been staying in his crease, not getting out of position, and squaring to the shooter. He’s been playing more conservatively and he’s so much better for it. We are not worthy.

What is there to say about Tomas Hertl. I got no words.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
They might not have gotten scored on, but they should’ve never been out there for those shifts.

Especially Goodrow. I have no Idea where this perception that he’s good defensively (in the eyes of DeBoer) came from. He’s actually pretty bad defensively in his zone and he’s not fast enough to backcheck on the rush effectively.

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Especially Goodrow. I have no Idea where this perception that he’s good defensively (in the eyes of DeBoer) came from. He’s actually pretty bad defensively in his zone and he’s not fast enough to backcheck on the rush effectively.

They both bring almost nothing offensively or defensively. Landeskog walked right around Melker and carried the puck into the zone, which led to all that chaos in the final seconds.

Edit: enough negativity, was a big win tonight!

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I thought Donskoi looked great, no way would I bench him. I doubt Pavs comes back next game. No way is his physical injury healed yet. He was bleeding from somewhere in his head. I can't see it being healed yet enough to take contact.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Grats to San Jose, hopefully you guys can get one more.

What was that with Thornton and Grubauer? I didn't see what led up to it.

You don't often see a goalie directly confronting a forward like that.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I thought Donskoi looked great, no way would I bench him. I doubt Pavs comes back next game. No way is his physical injury healed yet. He was bleeding from somewhere in his head. I can't see it being healed yet enough to take contact.

Playoffs man, we’ll see if he travels to Denver or not. Zero chance he doesn’t play in game 7 if it gets there

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Solid game by everyone tonight. Its official. Tomas Hertl is a superstar. If it wasn't for Grubauer, the score would have been alot worse. Kudos to Jones for playing some of his best hockey this season.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Hey we scored a power play goal tonight. wait, was that EK65 and Burns on the PP at the same time? Stop traffic, I can’t believe putting two monsters on the PP at the same time would yield positive results.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
How concerned should we be that in our last 6 periods we have 71 SOG and only 2 goals from one player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad