GDT: WCSF Game 3: Blues @ Stars | 7pm CT (NBCSN) | Road Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m glad Berube is adjusting things.

Also watched his presser today and he mentioned being more physical on their two top D, as Mook talked about.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Berube doesn't seem to be afraid to make adjustments. I'm sure we'll see Edmundson back in at some point, but its good to use all the guys that are available to maximize fresh energy. Edmundson looks like a guy that needs a break.

Reactions: Bendak

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Bishop is starting to act like a bitch with his dive behind the net against Sunny and then his dive when Perron barely touched him. Let's not even forget the times he's purposefully stepping outside his crease to interfere with Blues players.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Bishop is starting to act like a ***** with his dive behind the net against Sunny and then his dive when Perron barely touched him. Let's not even forget the times he's purposefully stepping outside his crease to interfere with Blues players.

As he should until it gets called on him. I'd say he is embellishing, not diving, and Perron definitely caught him up high. If I was a ref tonight, I'd talk to him in warmups and let him know that we watched the tape and saw that Perron's nonsense was retaliatory. Let him know that we're keeping an eye on him doing that stuff and call a penalty if he keeps pushing the envelope. But until a ref has that talk with him, he has no incentive not to push the envelope.

Like every other player on the ice, if the ref isn't going to prohibit you from interfering with the other team, take that advantage.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Chief said in his presser that Perron has been more comfortable on the right side this year, so he’ll probably stay on the 2nd line for the rest of the run.

I do like the idea of 17-90-91 as the top line though. Schwartz and Vladi have been our best players, so hopefully it can get ROR going a bit more.

Also, if Sunny keeps looking overmatched, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Fabbri swapped again. I think 15-10-57 would be a really solid line.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Whoa. Okay.

I mean he's not wrong. I hope the Blues find their groove on the road. We have definitely played better on the road than at home. I think a large part of that is not worrying about line matchups and being too cute with the puck. We seem to simplify things on the road and just play a hard nose north/south game. Hopefully that continues tonight and we pull out the win. I sadly won't be able to watch it live but will be listening along with Kerber. LGB!!!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Berube is willing to change lines but only plays that card when he must. I think he is at good at evaluating and understanding what tweaks need to be made and when, where as Hitch would assemble and destruct lines like crazy every game and period it seemed.

Blues need a split or better in Dallas so let's go out and grab the lead in the series again tonight and put the pressure on the Stars in front of their home crowd!

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad