Pre-Game Talk: WCSF | Game 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Vegas Golden Knights - Aug 25 - 6:45PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaczor

Jul 3, 2005
NZ
No need to panic. We came off a high of beating the champs, and played a lousy game against an excellent team who had time to prepare. Let's be honest, they outscouted us. Playoffs are all about adjustment. Now it is up to Green & Co to come up with a response and for the boys to execute. This was never going to be a walk in the park.

I do hope that Hughes isn't too rattled. EP found a way to play through the extra attention and physicality against him. Now it is up to Hughes to dig deep.

We'll be alright. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Travis Green has played against overwhelming odds in the past.

in 1993, his team in round 2 defeated the 2 time Stanley cup champion, also the Presidents trophy winning team at the time, which was equivalent to the Vancouver Canucks of 2011 in 7 games. Rookie coach or not, he will have this team ready. Brian Burke also called it. He believes the Canucks will come back must better in game 2.

time to rally boys! These are the Vegas knights! not the 2002 Red Wings or Avalanche. Lets bring some shit!

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Reasonably expected VGK to win game 1. They were good, we had a weak game after a pretty exhaustive series against the defending champs.

It will be a bigger question if we can regroup, make adjustments and come back hard in the next games.

I’m a bit more okay losing to a cup favorite, but at least want to see our team put their best effort forward.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Reasonably expected VGK to win game 1. They were good, we had a weak game after a pretty exhaustive series against the defending champs.

It will be a bigger question if we can regroup, make adjustments and come back hard in the next games.

I’m a bit more okay losing to a cup favorite, but at least want to see our team put their best effort forward.

I will like to see the Canucks put up a fight even if we lose. We will go out gunz a blazin. I still believe we can beat the Knights I might be the only guy who believes this, I think we can beat these guys.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I will like to see the Canucks put up a fight even if we lose. We will go out gunz a blazin. I still believe we can beat the Knights I might be the only guy who believes this, I think we can beat these guys.

we definitely can. The caps did it in 2018. They were outmatched but they just wanted it more and their players played with more determination all throughout their lineup than the players from Vegas. That’s how they won that series. If we get similar levelS of desperation and compete, we’d have a good shot.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020

Agreed.

I think we can beat them too. I wouldn’t bet on it, but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Looks like Sportsnet/CBC is absolutely in love with Ryan Reaves. Still pushing the Reaves/Roussel story as a "main" story. Someone please tweet or write them and tell them there are other players on both teams worth mentioning.

someone needs to tag the panel with the tweet I just posted. Everyone on the panel seems to jump on whatever bandwagon narrative is going on at the moment. If I'm not mistaken it's the Vegas knights top 6 that dominated, not Reeves. He did jack shit. He had 10 hits, so what! Rouselle had 7.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
As I mentioned in the last game day thread is time for Coach Green to make some ajustments here. Las Vegas had time to watch us and scout us a couple a extra days we didnt have that option but time to ajust for Coach Green. If hes a LEGIT nhl coach he will. I hope so so will predict 5-3 Canucks with goals by Hughes Pettersson Boeser Miller and Horvat (Beagle with three appies)

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
we definitely can. The caps did it in 2018. They were outmatched but they just wanted it more and their players played with more determination all throughout their lineup than the players from Vegas. That’s how they won that series. If we get similar levelS of desperation and compete, we’d have a good shot.
VGK had Sbisa in the lineup in 2018.

No such luck this time 'round.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Well I have money on the Canucks, so I'm hoping too.

They need to play more assertively and avoid the Reaves antics. He doesn't contribute anything on-ice to Vegas. Focus on Stone, Patches, Smith et al.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Green said Reaves didn’t affect the score. I’m sure Canucks could care less about that goon.

Reactions: nucks88

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Looks like Sportsnet/CBC is absolutely in love with Ryan Reaves. Still pushing the Reaves/Roussel story as a "main" story. Someone please tweet or write them and tell them there are other players on both teams worth mentioning.
Don’t blame them. Roussel started it.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
As I mentioned in the last game day thread is time for Coach Green to make some ajustments here. Las Vegas had time to watch us and scout us a couple a extra days we didnt have that option but time to ajust for Coach Green. If hes a LEGIT nhl coach he will. I hope so so will predict 5-3 Canucks with goals by Hughes Pettersson Boeser Miller and Horvat (Beagle with three appies)
How do you suppose beagle is on the ice enough with those players to generate 3 assists? Maybe like 1 with one of those guys, a shorthande one, and one on a motte goal, maybe. In some alternate universe.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Vancouver wins this game but loses the next 3.

I think this will be like the 2007 series against the Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad