Pre-Game Talk: WCSF | Game 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Vegas Golden Knights - Aug 25 - 6:45PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: August 25th, 6:30 PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, NBCSN
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

13e2c20b-8742-4454-9e41-1c9575497589-jpeg.363111

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Virtanen - Pettersson - Miller
Eriksson - Horvat - Pearson
Boeser - Gaudette - Sutter
Motte - Beagle - Roussel

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Fantenberg - Benn

Markstrom

Canucks’ Top Scorers:
Elias Pettersson - 11GP, 4G, 9A, 13Pts
JT Miller - 11GP, 5G, 5A, 10PTS
Quinn Hughes - 11GP, 1G, 9A, 10Pts

Vegas Golden Knights’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Pacioretty - Karlsson - Stone
Marchessault - Stastny - Smith
Cousins - Roy - Tuch
Carrier - Stephenson - Reaves

McNabb - Schmidt
Martinez - Theodore
Holden - Whitecloud

Lehner

Golden Knights’ Top Scorers:
Mark Stone - 9GP, 5G, 5A, 10Pts
Reilly Smith - 9GP, 4G, 6A, 10Pts
Shea Theodore - 9GP, 4G, 5A, 9Pts

OPERATION 19 WINS:

Win 1:

Win 2:

Win 3:

Win 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyCHZR4w-94

Win 5:
https://youtu.be/dWnuz68ImNU

Win 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLo6Q6J7a_4

Win 7:
https://youtu.be/IHl-gLo1cYo

Notes in Advance of Game 2:
Canucks F Micheal Ferland is unfit to play.
Canucks F Tyler Toffoli and Canucks D Tyler Myers are both nearing a potential return.

Moderator’s Note:
Hopefully this is the start of a long, fun run for the fans here to enjoy together. I just want to remind everyone of some rules of decorum before we get underway - treat each other with respect, and please report any posts that you feel violate the Site Rules rather than replying to them. Also, not that it should need repeating at this point - using this thread or this board to cheer against the Canucks is trolling and will be treated accordingly.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
^Wellwood was actually good in 2009

My ideal lines:
Not Eriksson - Not Eriksson - Not Eriksson

Let's not get shutout this time.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I would add Tanev to the list of guys playing hurt he's bobbling pucks left right and centre since game 5 vs StL

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Pettersson was flying early but couldn’t get any momentum plying with with that black hole on his wing.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
WEll that was ugly..............boys are going to have to adjust BIG time or our little Cinderalla story is gonna come crashing into a brick wall in a hurry. Vegas looked like they were 2 steps ahead of us all night. I know we can play better but not sure we can get up to that level. Vegas just looked like they had turbo chargers on them all night while we were stuck in quicksand.

I trust guys like Petey to figure it out and Horvat played god awful and can only improve but it's gonna take a lot more than just Petey to even get us close in this series.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Interesting in seeing how we adjust and develop our gameplan here. Big learning experience for Hughes and Pettersson which I'm personally thrilled with

This whole post-season is huge for the young kids on this team, and I echo your sentiments here - really intrigued to see how we adjust and respond. Would be great to get our team's first ever regulation win against Vegas at some point in this series.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
This whole post-season is huge for the young kids on this team, and I echo your sentiments here - really intrigued to see how we adjust and respond. Would be great to get our team's first ever regulation win against Vegas at some point in this series.
Agreed. In particular, I thought you could REALLY REALLY tell that Vegas had scouted us really hard in particular. Our first powerplay where they really aggressively attacked Hughes on the blueline told me that they were prepared for us in a way that no other team really has been so far. They certainly had the time off to do so, and it paid off in spades.

Their specific gameplan, beyond their already excellent play to begin with, was excellent at neutralizing our biggest play drivers. I think game 1 looks different if the scheduling didn't give Vegas such an advantage in that regard, but there are no sour grapes from me there, it is what it is. Canucks coaching staff needs to find answers and the players need to work hard to implement them

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I saw that and somebody mentioned that he was even in tears apparently (though it didn't really seem like it to me). Felt really bad for him if so, but it also shows just how much he cares - which is honestly a great thing.
the camera that was on his face was super saturated so he seemed a lot more emotional than he was.

I have faith in his ability to study the footage and make some changes and be more effective this series

Reactions: lindgren

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I think there are ways to exploit Vegas’ system because of how aggressive they are, unfortunately most of the Canucks D corps handles the puck like a hot potato when under pressure which was on display last night, the most feasible route to victory is likely with special teams and Markstrom keeping them in games.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
They were quite simply unprepared last night and the shock on a lot of their faces shows that. I don't blame the coaching staff, these guys must have been feeling like hot shit after knocking off the Cup champs the way they did, and if I were Green I would also see how far the momentum from games 5-6 carries.

But it didn't carry because Vegas doesn't give a shit. Now is where Green's coaching aptitude will either come through or not. He can do a great coaching job even if they lose, but they need a great coaching job for a win in game 2.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Have to agree with Bieksa on the Roussel thing...The whole agitating ,'getting in their heads' manoeuvre completely backfired.

As far as Reaves is concerned, you just want to put him to sleep.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Hopefully big games from both of them. Nothing worse then getting clowned during a blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad