Post-Game Talk: WCSF Game 2: Predators @ Sharkies | 7PM CDT | NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Their game play for next game should be to score as many goals as possible whether it's greasy goals or high end skill goals. Just find a way to get the puck in the net/score some goals. Need to just throw pucks at the goal and get traffic in front. Don't care who gets it done....Just get it done.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This series is boiling down to

Thornton+Pavelski+Couture>>>Forsberg+Neal+Johansen

and

Burns+Vlasic>Weber+Josi

Our top guys are not getting it done. Sure, our secondary scoring isn't getting on the sheet either, but the top end talent is deciding these games for the Sharks.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
...This team is never going to get out the second round, are they?

Doesn't look good. That was my only wish was that they get pass second round as that is something we have never done before. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
agreed Iron Duke. I think you nailed it. our top guys ain't getting it done. for all the crap I've giving rinne, he is the only one earning his salary. I've been lobbying for years to rid us of weber. although not a popular choice by any means, he just isn't worth his pay. he has a cannon for a shot but that's it (obviously he is good in other areas too). not a fan of advanced statistics but in weber's case it's hard to ignore some of the numbers that are tossed around on here.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
and forsberg has just been a mess at times. he still gets his chances but he can't do it all by himself like he tries to at times. johansen hasn't impressed me at all. Wilson and Smith are looking great. I love their games right now. smith is quickly becoming one of my favorites. he is great on the forecheck and is always moving.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Doesn't look good. That was my only wish was that they get pass second round as that is something we have never done before. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

doesn't look likely. i always break it down in mini series after a game or two. we have to win 4 of the next 5 against these guys which would include winning game 7 again on the road. winning 4 in a row seems almost impossible right now.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I don't mind Johnasen at least he tries to go after the puck and make plays but Ribiero on the other hand has been frustrating to watch. He just seems lazy.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
For franchises of our caliber that is pretty good..

They are never going to win a cup w/ that mentality that just getting pass the status quo (1st round) is good enough. I want more for this team even if it means just a start to get pass the second round something we have never been able to do before. But definitely not satisfied w/ just getting past the first round. We should want and expect more.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
They are never going to win a cup w/ that mentality that just getting pass the status quo (1st round) is good enough. I want more for this team even if it means just a start to get pass the second round something we have never been able to do before. But definitely not satisfied w/ just getting past the first round. We should want and expect more.

Only way to consistently be that good is to suck for many years and pile up top 5 draft picks like chicago did.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm really expecting the Sharks in 5 or 6 at this point... But to help myself sleep tonight I'm going to say the Preds didn't play poorly the last two games, they didn't finish and the empty net goals leave a sour taste in your mouth, but they had a legitimate chance to win both games. So until the Preds lose on home ice I'm going to hold on to a sliver of optimism.

Sharks puck luck can't continue forever, can it?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I'm really expecting the Sharks in 5 or 6 at this point... But to help myself sleep tonight I'm going to say the Preds didn't play poorly the last two games, they didn't finish and the empty net goals leave a sour taste in your mouth, but they had a legitimate chance to win both games. So until the Preds lose on home ice I'm going to hold on to a sliver of optimism.

Sharks puck luck can't continue forever, can it?

Wish but don't think that was Sharks' puck luck but more like Sharks' puck skill. Seriously though this Shark team can be beat. We had a pretty good won percentage against them in the regular season. Just need to find a way to translate that to the playoffs. A start would be to get our offense and PP going. It hasn't been showing up.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Not gonna lie- this one hurts. Our inability to cash in on our many chances is what cost us this game.

But once again, I don't understand the majority of the comments on here. If I just read this thread without knowing the result, I would have sworn we had a blowout 3 or 4 goal loss.

I thought we played a very strong game- we just could not finish and could not take advantage of our chances. Even though we are down 2-0 I think we have played well in 5 of the 6 period. And before anyone jumps on me, I understand that doesn't mean a hill of beans. I just don't agree with the people on here who seem to be saying we have been awful in these two games.

And I can see now where the doom and gloomers are headed to find their negativity should we lose this series. That this franchise can't win a second round series. My question is this- did you think this was our year to do that?? Heck, half this board didn't think we were even going to make the playoffs. So now all of a sudden we have to make the conference finals or bust??? You can't have it both ways. We just won a series against a Stanley Cup favorite and played two pretty decent games in round 2. That ain't bad.

I want to advance out of the second round as much or more than any of you do. Even with the win over the Ducks, I don't think this was ever our year to make a Cup run. To me this has been a successful season regardless of what happens in this series.

Now, next year at this time I will not be saying that. We should be setup to be even better next year- we are gaining invaluable experience, especially for the young players, and I fully expect us to add at least one top 6 forward.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I agree that our top guys aren't getting it done, but when I look at our roster I'm optimistic that next year will be our best chance in a long while. Rinne and Weber still in the prime, hopefully we shed some of gaustad/fisher/nystrom/ribs and call up the kids who deserve some shots and go from there.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Not gonna lie- this one hurts. Our inability to cash in on our many chances is what cost us this game.

But once again, I don't understand the majority of the comments on here. If I just read this thread without knowing the result, I would have sworn we had a blowout 3 or 4 goal loss.

I thought we played a very strong game- we just could not finish and could not take advantage of our chances. Even though we are down 2-0 I think we have played well in 5 of the 6 period. And before anyone jumps on me, I understand that doesn't mean a hill of beans. I just don't agree with the people on here who seem to be saying we have been awful in these two games.

And I can see now where the doom and gloomers are headed to find their negativity should we lose this series. That this franchise can't win a second round series. My question is this- did you think this was our year to do that?? Heck, half this board didn't think we were even going to make the playoffs. So now all of a sudden we have to make the conference finals or bust??? You can't have it both ways. We just won a series against a Stanley Cup favorite and played two pretty decent games in round 2. That ain't bad.

I want to advance out of the second round as much or more than any of you do. Even with the win over the Ducks, I don't think this was ever our year to make a Cup run. To me this has been a successful season regardless of what happens in this series.

Now, next year at this time I will not be saying that. We should be setup to be even better next year- we are gaining invaluable experience, especially for the young players, and I fully expect us to add at least one top 6 forward.

Thank you

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
this one stings. many solid chances, gotta cash one or two in

staying positive tho. all they did was hold serve. we win our games and we can worry about stealing a road one later

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
this one stings. many solid chances, gotta cash one or two in

staying positive tho. all they did was hold serve. we win our games and we can worry about stealing a road one later

Yeah, unfortunately their regular season home record was the worst in the league and their road record is best in the league, better than all but the Caps home record. Feel like we missed a real chance to at least split in Jan Jose.

But to steal from 303 .. Hockey is a funny game, anything can happen. So we can win 4 of 5.

Go Preds

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
It may just be me, but this is by far the worst I've seen Shea Weber play since he was drafted.

The guy isn't playing physical at all and getting out worked by every forward the Sharks throw on the ice. Ekholm has been our best defenseman by far this series, followed by Josi and Ellis.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
It may just be me, but this is by far the worst I've seen Shea Weber play since he was drafted.

The guy isn't playing physical at all and getting out worked by every forward the Sharks throw on the ice. Ekholm has been our best defenseman by far this series, followed by Josi and Ellis.

Agreed. Ekholm has been the best by far. Possibly has played the best out of any Pred on the ice. Rinne is playing his ass off, but we can't give him any goal support.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
no one gave us a chance to do what we did against Anaheim. i still have hope. until we lose at home ice we haven't done anything wrong in the sense of how series work. big guys have to step up. Sharks showing us what a real top 6 and PP do in the playoffs. we need weber and josi to be better. rinne is playing well enough that we could steal this series.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Right now the Sharks are just killing it and we're being outmatched. Everyone was watching the Sharks dismantle the Kings and now we're the next team they're rolling over. We can point fingers and try and put the blame on certain guys but I just see us playing fairly well and getting beaten by a better team that takes advantage of our mistakes. They remind me a lot of the 2012 Kings to this point.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
Right now the Sharks are just killing it and we're being outmatched. Everyone was watching the Sharks dismantle the Kings and now we're the next team they're rolling over. We can point fingers and try and put the blame on certain guys but I just see us playing fairly well and getting beaten by a better team that takes advantage of our mistakes. They remind me a lot of the 2012 Kings to this point.

Kind of how I feel. Our forward depth just doesn't match up right now, and San Jose is a better team. Hopefully it turns around in NSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad