GDT: [WCSF GAME 1] | Edmonton Oilers @ Anaheim Ducks | 4.26.17 | 8:30PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Who's calling this series on TV? Still Randorf and Debrusk?

Can't wait for tonight. There will probably be a fair number of Oiler fans in attendance considering how popular LA/Anaheim is for Albertans. Go Oil.

Hughson, and Simpson. I'd rather have Randorf tbh. I can't stand Hughson, or Simpson.

Let's kick some ass tonight, please.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Hughson and Simpson

Simpson good.. Hughson no good.

Any confirmation on Vatanen's status?

I want the Oilers to win this series so bad. After sweeping the season series against the Flames, it would be sweet to knock off the team that swept them in the playoffs too.

Last edited:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
If that's the defense the ducks are going with then its Oilers in 4. However i think depending on the outcome of the next few games, their banged up D men will come back earlier. We saw how effective Joe Thornton was on one leg, he was still pretty scary to deal with and was getting points. Missing Fowler for a game or two would be huge for this series.

That was their lineup from their last game against Calgary. It sounds like Fowler is going to be back against the Oilers and Lindholm and Vatanen are more of a game-time decision. We'll probably find out who's playing after today's morning skate.

Their lines from practice yesterday were:

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Eaves
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Thompson-Perry
Wagner-Vermette-Shaw/Boll

Fowler-Montour
Lindholm-Manson
Theodore-Bieksa
Stoner-Vatanen

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I'm the opposite. Against the Sharks I was just so happy to finally watch playoff hockey again and I wouldn't have been to upset if we lost, especially after the 7-0 game.

But now that has all changed. This team has proven time and time again they are more than just a good hockey team. I feel we can compete with anyone in this league now, including the Ducks. I want this team to go all the way to the finals...

See, I think this is how I'll be if the Oilers can beat the Ducks. If the Oilers get to the semifinals, I'm going to be a nervous wreck again because they'll be so close to actually making the finals, and in my mind if they could beat SJ and Anaheim then there's no reason at all to think why they couldn't beat either of Nashville or St. Louis too.

In the best interests of my mental health, it's probably best if the Oilers lose in the 2nd round. :laugh:

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
It'd be such a huge deal if we could get a win tonight what with the Ducks home/away split being 29-8-4 / 17-15-9

Go OIL!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Pretty much where my headspace is at too. I'm going to try my best to just relax and enjoy this series win or lose...I was far too stressed out in round 1, I would've been really disappointed if the Oilers had failed to advance against the Sharks given that they had home ice advantage.

Bold prediction: Whomever wins game 1, will go on to win the series.

Well dont panic tonight if we lose, cause I dont think the winner of game 1 wins ;)

The Ducks are brutal in game 7's.

I think Ducks win first 2, we win 2nd two, then Ducks win game 5 and we win game 6 and 7.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
A win tonight would be huge.. No one should really be expecting it.

It took us one game to figure out how to tackle the Sharks.. This was after a first period boost provided by the fans.

We would be well ahead of the curve if we manage to win the first game... Ending ANA's winning streak in front of their own fans would be huge.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Anaheim is the better team here. They are rolling a deeeeeep lineup. I'm scared.

Yup a lot of our fans have huge expectations now. I think reading this board the last couple days fans are taking the Ducks to light.

2 great teams going to go at it. I think we can win in 7, but dam its not going to be easy. Going to be ups and downs this series.

I see us losing the first 2, then winning the 2nd two.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
They swept the Flames and may still be riding on that high, so they may be overconfident and take the Oilers for granted. Plus their long break. I'm saying 3-1 Oilers win Game 1, but it will be a lot tougher for Game 2.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Yup a lot of our fans have huge expectations now. I think reading this board the last couple days fans are taking the Ducks to light.

On Detroit radio this morning, which doesn't really ever talk hockey (and if they do, it's Wings only and terrible), they were just going over what's on television tonight sports wise, and whoever was talking predicted the Oilers to win the series.

Crazy they've gone from the bottom of the league to out of towners predicting them to take this series..

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Connor vs Kesler
RNH vs Getzlaf
Talbot vs Gibson
Maroon vs old teammates

Lots of little storylines. Gonna be a good one.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
They swept the Flames and may still be riding on that high, so they may be overconfident and take the Oilers for granted. Plus their long break. I'm saying 3-1 Oilers win Game 1, but it will be a lot tougher for Game 2.

No they wont be taking us for granted. Thy swept the Flames, cause the Flames suck and the Ducks are actually really good.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I suspect a 6-4 game for somebody. Rakell on the third line is going to murder us. That's some scoring depth on the Ducks.

Leon and McJesus should do some damage on that depleted blueline.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
IMO ANA has the book on Oilers D and Talbot as well... They created their offense from behind Oilers goal line and our D couldnt contain them.

Rust and overconfidence is what we should hope for.

One thing SJ does a lot better than anyone else is getting the early jump. ANA wont be coming as hard at us tonight.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
I suspect a 6-4 game for somebody. Rakell on the third line is going to murder us. That's some scoring depth on the Ducks.

Leon and McJesus should do some damage on that depleted blueline.

This is the guy we should be worried about. Everyone focused on Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and their D, but Rakell is a game breaker and always plays well against the Oilers.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
With all of the talk about line matching and Kesler vs McDavid, is there any chance that Carlyle decides to go against the grain here and just goes directly to matching top line to top line? TMac and McDavid have got to be practicing and creating strategies to play against Kesler, maybe Carlyle tries to fake us out?

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
With all of the talk about line matching and Kesler vs McDavid, is there any chance that Carlyle decides to go against the grain here and just goes directly to matching top line to top line? TMac and McDavid have got to be practicing and creating strategies to play against Kesler, maybe Carlyle tries to fake us out?

No chance...

Kesler will play McDavid every shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad