GDT: [WCSF GAME 1] | Edmonton Oilers @ Anaheim Ducks | 4.26.17 | 8:30PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
If that's the defense the ducks are going with then its Oilers in 4. However i think depending on the outcome of the next few games, their banged up D men will come back earlier. We saw how effective Joe Thornton was on one leg, he was still pretty scary to deal with and was getting points. Missing Fowler for a game or two would be huge for this series.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Hard to describe all the emotions going on inside me. Playoff hockey... Round 2... 2006 mirror so far...

McDavid is going beastmode tonight! Would be awesome to get the road win right away.

Edit: can't forget Scarlett
HJOuRfm.png

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ oilers take my energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Last edited:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Looking forward to seeing this team continue to grow, taking on an opponent that provides bigger and different challenges.

Regardless of the outcome this has been such a great run.

Whistle for McJesus, GDT:

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Our big boys need to hammer their defense from the first shift and not stop. But stay out of the penalty box. Time for RNH, Ebs and Lucic to hit the score sheet. Spread out the scoring and confuse Carlyle then MCD can feast. Need a BIG win tonight to set the tone. Oilers in 6.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Can someone please check all the sticks pre game and between periods lol!

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Kesler may shut down McDavid but Drai and Maroon will own the Ducks..

I have a feeling Caggiula might be sitting a few games this series for a bigger body.

Also, the guy we need to shut down is Rakell.. Perry and even Getzlaf dont scare me.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Going to be a great game tonight. I have no clue whos winning though. This series going to be so tight. Be prepared for 7 boys.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Going to be a great game tonight. I have no clue whos winning though. This series going to be so tight. Be prepared for 7 boys.

Pretty much where my headspace is at too. I'm going to try my best to just relax and enjoy this series win or lose...I was far too stressed out in round 1, I would've been really disappointed if the Oilers had failed to advance against the Sharks given that they had home ice advantage.

Bold prediction: Whomever wins game 1, will go on to win the series.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Pretty much where my headspace is at too. I'm going to try my best to just relax and enjoy this series win or lose...I was far too stressed out in round 1, I would've been really disappointed if the Oilers had failed to advance against the Sharks given that they had home ice advantage.

I didn't expect the team to beat the Sharks, I gave them about a 40% chance. Worse after the 7-0 blowout.

I don't check the board during the games right now, it's just nice to be along for the ride and trying to enjoy this team being in important games.

Regardless of winning or losing, every game played has to just be a huge learning experience for most of these guys - which will pay off for years to come.

Cogliano13Gagner89

Nov 3, 2007
Oilers Misery

I'm the opposite. Against the Sharks I was just so happy to finally watch playoff hockey again and I wouldn't have been to upset if we lost, especially after the 7-0 game.

But now that has all changed. This team has proven time and time again they are more than just a good hockey team. I feel we can compete with anyone in this league now, including the Ducks. I want this team to go all the way to the finals...

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Who's calling this series on TV? Still Randorf and Debrusk?

Can't wait for tonight. There will probably be a fair number of Oiler fans in attendance considering how popular LA/Anaheim is for Albertans. Go Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad