2sgJw.png

2sgJy.png

2shoS.png

2sgJB.png

Last edited:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
One series down, another to go. :)

*Ducks winger Andrew Cogliano is one of the three finalists for the Masterton Trophy. He's never missed a game in his 10 years playing in the NHL.
*The Oilers might take advantage of the Ducks' penalty-killing, which proved anemic in Round 1 against Calgary, against whom they gave up six goals, worst of any of the 16 teams that made the playoffs.
*Nate Thompson, who tore his Achilles tendon last summer while working out, is normally a fourth-line center, but against Calgary he scored twice and was in the No. 3 hole alongside Corey Perry and Rikard Rakell.
*The bearded Patrick Eaves has scored 11 goals in 20 games since his trade with Dallas. Now, will there be enough money to sign the UFA winger? Maybe not.
*Fowler, who missed three weeks of action with a sprained right knee, said he's fine to return to the Ducks defence. Lindholm, often matched against McDavid, also felt ready but he's more of a question mark after upper-body injury.
*The Ducks' most portable player is Rakell, who scored 33 goals in regular season and five post season points against Calgary. He's seen win duty with Getzlaf, but Ducks coach Randy Carlyle likes him on a third line against the opposing team's third defensive pairings.

Last edited:

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
This felt like a really long wait again. How the hell did we used to get through the entire offseason and not lose our minds?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Let's see how the boys react starting a series on the road... pressureis on the Ducks.
I think they pull this one out 4 - 1.
good start to a short series, as I predicted the Oil in 5.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
This felt like a really long wait again. How the hell did we used to get through the entire offseason and not lose our minds?

Looking at that lineup I'm surprised to find myself thinking we should beat the ducks.

A banged up lindholm, two rookies and bieksa are there top 4?

Plus one can never underestimate how much Carlyle sucks.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I feel like this game won't be close either way. One team is going to come out overconfident and/or unprepared en route to getting smacked, while the other team is going to come out guns blazing.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
If we can get that dcore for 2 or 3 games we are winning this series. Otherwise.. its gonna be tough.. but I still have faith !:yo:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Looking at that lineup I'm surprised to find myself thinking we should beat the ducks.

A banged up lindholm, two rookies and bieksa are there top 4?

Plus one can never underestimate how much Carlyle sucks.

Plus their PK was just garbage last series as well. :laugh:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Ducks can't contain Connor like the sharks.

Heck the Ducks let Patrick Kane walk all over them.

I think the storyline behind the McDavid/Kesler matchup seems compelling in writing, but Connor will absolutely ruin him this series. It's just going to be meyhem. I think by game 2, Carlyle will move to get him away from McDavid, and go for the head-to-head with Getzlaf.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
GDTune with all the credit to VainGretzky for the find. Let's put some Duck sausage on the Grill with a piece of white bread! Hit 'em with a 12 Gauge boys!

Sorry VainGretzky, didn't see it on the GDT and anywhere else if you posted it previously.

I think we can take these guys. Need the big boys to step up this series.

Go Oilers!

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Man the Ducks are pretty deep. Kesler, Getzlaf, and Perry all on different lines. Here's to a close, exciting game!

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

easy. the team sucked so bad, we couldn't wait to forget about the oilers.

hope the guys are over the flu and are ready to kick butt.

3-1 Edmonton.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Would be nice to blow a team out, especially on the road...

Still can't believe we're in the second round. It doesn't feel real.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ oilers take my energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Let's light up Gibson like we did to Bryzgalov back in '06!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad