GDT: WCS Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 1:00 PM EST | NBC / CBC / RDS

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What the hell is he even talking about?

Wasn't really the same after Zetterberg butt ended him kind of or cross checked him to the side of the face during a fight near the net, while Toews tried to ham it up Zetterberg then got him in the back. It is playoff hockey, he wasn't playing all that well to begin with but pretty much from that moment on Toews wanted to cry and take the puck home.

He also gave him the patented Zetterberg on your hip game, if you don't move your legs and look for obstruction you get nothing and he will do it all game. Curtains for Johnny T, he wanted to not work his way through it and have the refs do it for him, guess what this group didn't bite, rather than put in more effort, he sulked and the sulking continued straight into his post-game comments. Thanks for giving Zetterberg the game plan I guess, good thing Bill McCreary cannot ref the next game and try to right this for the pride of Manitoba.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You look at today's game and then you look at any of the games played against the Blue Jackets... the roster is basically the same. What's the difference and what is the catalyst for that difference?

Would this team defeat the BJs now?
I think the Wings play the best hockey of the year. It is strange it is so quite here.
Where is "redwingsnow"?

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Wasn't really the same after Zetterberg butt ended him kind of or cross checked him to the side of the face during a fight near the net, while Toews tried to ham it up Zetterberg then got him in the back. It is playoff hockey, he wasn't playing all that well to begin with but pretty much from that moment on Toews wanted to cry and take the puck home.

He's won the cup, he should know what to expect. They got a stick up in somebody's face last game, can't remember who, without a penalty. This was our turn.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I missed the game because I had to move out of my apartment yesterday into a new apartment, but I heard nothing but good things. Some really pretty goals too. We can definitely win this series, but it'll still be an uphill battle the entire way.

With that all said, man, if we beat Chicago in this series, I'd be completely content with that.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Abby looked like a legitimate power forward yesterday.

Kindl looked great. Kronwall played good defensively. Ericcson looked great. Smith looked pretty good. Cleary looked realgud. Datsyuk looked like he took the night off but still played good defensively and zetterburg looked like a selke finalist and Q did not **** up.

Babcock just plain out coached coach q.

The only bad thing that happened is they let twenty cents score.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

He also gave him the patented Zetterberg on your hip game, if you don't move your legs and look for obstruction you get nothing and he will do it all game. Curtains for Johnny T, he wanted to not work his way through it and have the refs do it for him, guess what this group didn't bite, rather than put in more effort, he sulked and the sulking continued straight into his post-game comments. Thanks for giving Zetterberg the game plan I guess, good thing Bill McCreary cannot ref the next game and try to right this for the pride of Manitoba.

I don't know about this one... pretty sure you're selling Toews short. Dude's lead his team to a Cup and was an absolute stud in the last Olympics, when all of the pressure was on Team Canada in Vancouver. I don't think some tight D (often obstruction/interference but Z gets away with it b/c of his rep as a defensive star) is going to take him out of a series. If a post-game comment about interference makes the refs notice and call even one penalty on Z, it's worth it for the Hawks.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't know about this one... pretty sure you're selling Toews short. Dude's lead his team to a Cup and was an absolute stud in the last Olympics, when all of the pressure was on Team Canada in Vancouver. I don't think some tight D (often obstruction/interference but Z gets away with it b/c of his rep as a defensive star) is going to take him out of a series. If a post-game comment about interference makes the refs notice and call even one penalty on Z, it's worth it for the Hawks.

That is kind of the point, you expect more out of a guy with that track record than whining. I know what Toews is and have a lot of respect for him as a player. But I do know that I have lost more respect for him in terms of over the last season. He was a clown during the lockout and now is whining instead of saying he just needs to be better. There seems to be a level of entitlement creeping into Captain Intangibles, one that is dinging my respect level.

This is a guy that gets compared to Yzerman and Sakic, you think either of those guys acts like that either in game or afterwards? Chalk it up to a bad day at the office, but like I said after watching the lockout, there seems to be an evolution at play with Toews and one I don't like as someone who used to list him as a top 5 player in the league in terms of guys I like not on the Wings, even though he plays for the Hawks.

Last edited:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
That is kind of the point, you expect more out of a guy with that track record than whining. I know what Toews is and have a lot of respect for him as a player. But I dot know that I have lost more respect for him in terms of over the last season. He was a clown during the lockout and now is whining instead of saying he just needs to be better. There seems to be a level of entitlement creeping into Captain Intangibles, one that is dinging my respect level.

I don't really see a difference between Toews asking the refs to watch for guys interfering with him on the ice, and the Wings complaining about the officials not calling penalties on the Sharks for snowing Howard a few playoffs ago. Both cases were just players trying to get calls in their team's favor.

And let's face it- a team can somewhat handle their goalie getting snowed by going after the offending player in a scrum in front of the net- you can get away with a lot in the playoffs (not that Detroit tried that), but there's not much you can about it when a guy is draped on your best player and you're not getting the calls on the spot.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I don't really see a difference between Toews asking the refs to watch for guys interfering with him on the ice, and the Wings complaining about the officials not calling penalties on the Sharks for snowing Howard a few playoffs ago. Both cases were just players trying to get calls in their team's favor.

And let's face it- a team can somewhat handle their goalie getting snowed by going after the offending player in a scrum in front of the net- you can get away with a lot in the playoffs (not that Detroit tried that), but there's not much you can about it when a guy is draped on your best player and you're not getting the calls on the spot.

Toews got owned last round too. Kane is performing just fine. I think #19 is just frustrated. Being a Wings fan that's awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad