GDT: WCS Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 1:00 PM EST | NBC / CBC / RDS

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1 min
Toews unhappy with the officiating. Says if the #RedWings can get away with the physical stuff, #Blackhawks have to respond in kind.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

ShadowAngel

May 22, 2008
Grünwald
Great game overall and it shows that Chicago isn't unbeatable. Crawford looked pretty weak. It give me hope that my 4:2 prediction comes true :handclap: At least as long as the Wings play exactly the same 60 minute as today (and learn to burry breakaways...)

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Winning in Chicago was the only way I'd start to believe...can't give away both games in Detroit though. I wouldn't be mad if it 2-2 heading back to Chicago. This is their series to lose.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Great game from the boys hope it becomes like syphillis and spreads confidence throughout our fan base to believe.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
The demise of the Red Wings was greatly exaggerated.

I was very impressed with what I saw. It was readily apparent that the Hawks were watching and listening to the media because they came out expecting to win the game without putting forward a complete effort. The Red Wings didn't dominate every aspect of the game, but they did outplay the Hawks which resulted in a 4-1 win.

Now the Wings have life going back home. We shall see if they can defend home ice.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You look at today's game and then you look at any of the games played against the Blue Jackets... the roster is basically the same. What's the difference and what is the catalyst for that difference?

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
The demise of the Red Wings was greatly exaggerated.

I was very impressed with what I saw. It was readily apparent that the Hawks were watching and listening to the media because they came out expecting to win the game without putting forward a complete effort. The Red Wings didn't dominate every aspect of the game, but they did outplay the Hawks which resulted in a 4-1 win.

Now the Wings have life going back home. We shall see if they can defend home ice.

They needed this one, no doubt about it. The outplayed Chicago and pretty much silenced their fans who were expecting a 2-0 series lead for the Hawks.

I'd have to see an effort like that in multiple games in a row for me to buy in to them having a real chance in the series, though. I think it was a perfect storm for Detroit where the suspect D didn't **** the bed, the offense sustained pressure, guys like Flip came out of hiding (for a few shifts, anyway), and the more talented Hawks couldn't generate much offense. Not sure I see that happening 3 more times in the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad