GDT: WCS Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 1:00 PM EST | NBC / CBC / RDS

apre

Apr 13, 2013
Zetty was the best version of himself today

but more importantly, people who seemed like weak links - Cleary, Franzen, and especially Filppula - are getting better every day.

This is really the best thing that could have happened with the Wings.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1 min
Toews unhappy with the officiating. Says if the #RedWings can get away with the physical stuff, #Blackhawks have to respond in kind.

Oh god, it only took 2 games for him to get to Toews. At least it took like 5 with Crosby. :laugh:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Niceness, WFTW!

This game started just like the last, weathering a few shifts of fumbling around while the Hawks took advantage. The difference was staying with them through pressure. Deflecting passes, tying up sticks, not giving up defending against their cycle.

As said on CBC, we out-skated and out-worked Chicago. It was some of us playing great and them playing fairly poor after the 1st. The Hawks are showing very little determination, or possibly they've underestimated the Wings after game 1. I knew Crawford is shaky and we found ways to get pucks at him. Even little wristers and dumps at the net were giving him trouble.

Chicago should worry coming into Detroit, because I know our team can be a LOT better. Several of our D are still making wack decisions getting the puck right into forwards who are already covered. They need to make smart, simple plays.

Beauty goals from Franzen and Filppula!!! Those both lifted me up from my chair. Good stuff. I'm impressed to see Kindl stepping into passes coming through the neutral zone. Last game he also made that same interception multiple times, I love his confidence. Nice to see Cola with some outstanding effort. Hockey players must push themselves to not just hang on or go through the motions, but to rise high on that stage and be special. We saw a lot of our guys doing that today.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Of course this is the game I get the time zones mixed up.

Came home at 1:30 MST,expect I only missed the first, turned on the tv, it's done:cry:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Toews unhappy with the officiating. Says if the #RedWings can get away with the physical stuff, #Blackhawks have to respond in kind.

:cry:

though I dont doubt they will come out alot nastier. Holland should alert officials for game 3 about potential cheap shots.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I really wasn't expecting Detroit to play that well, nearly everyone was on their game today.
Me neither. Specially afte their 1st goal.
Did not know Toews makes so good jokes. I thought there were many Plays where the Hawks should have been called in game 1.
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 1 min
"I thought Smith was outstanding" - Mike Babcock
Surprise :laugh::laugh::laugh:
But Babcock won this game big time, so we can't complain.
Niceness, WFTW!

This game started just like the last, weathering a few shifts of fumbling around while the Hawks took advantage. The difference was staying with them through pressure. Deflecting passes, tying up sticks, not giving up defending against their cycle.

As said on CBC, we out-skated and out-worked Chicago. It was some of us playing great and them playing fairly poor after the 1st. The Hawks are showing very little determination, or possibly they've underestimated the Wings after game 1. I knew Crawford is shaky and we found ways to get pucks at him. Even little wristers and dumps at the net were giving him trouble.

Chicago should worry coming into Detroit, because I know our team can be a LOT better. Several of our D are still making wack decisions getting the puck right into forwards who are already covered. They need to make smart, simple plays.

Beauty goals from Franzen and Filppula!!! Those both lifted me up from my chair. Good stuff. I'm impressed to see Kindl stepping into passes coming through the neutral zone. Last game he also made that same interception multiple times, I love his confidence. Nice to see Cola with some outstanding effort. Hockey players must push themselves to not just hang on or go through the motions, but to rise high on that stage and be special. We saw a lot of our guys doing that today.

I thought the Wings outsmarted the Hawks and played a real good road game. So we are 3 - 3 on the road in the playoffs. Not bad.

That hit by Cola was so much Kronwall-like. I thought it was Kronwall.

Actual Thought*

Translated: Z was owning me today.

Excellent translation! Spot on! One on one Z is the best player in the league in my opinion. He can shut down Crosby while putting up points. Dude is a monster.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That hit by Cola was so much Kronwall-like. I thought it was Kronwall.

Eh. Kronwall is much better at aiming it. Cola ended up using a lot of his upper chest/neck/head in the hit. Kronwall always manages to use his side or back. You could tell it stunned Cola a bit.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Eh. Kronwall is much better at aiming it. Cola ended up using a lot of his upper chest/neck/head in the hit. Kronwall always manages to use his side or back. You could tell it stunned Cola a bit.

And my 1st thought was "did he get injured". :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad